Boy killed in collision with LA ice cream truck

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Boy killed in collision with LA ice cream truck - seattlepi.com

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a 7-year-old boy riding a motorized bike was hit and killed by an ice cream truck in South Los Angeles and residents then attacked the driver.

LAPD spokeswoman Officer Nuria Venegas says the truck hit the child shortly after 7 p.m. Wednesday, and he later died at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.

Police say the child had been riding alongside the truck, and the collision was an accident.

Venegas says a crowd then attacked the ice cream truck driver, but he had only bruises.

The driver told police bricks were thrown at his truck and someone threatened him with a knife.

No names have been released.

I almost feel worse for the ice cream truck driver than anyone else. It sounds like an unfortunate accident that this man will have to live with for the rest of his life. An all-around sad story. :(

I lost a little niece in a similar incident almost a decade ago.

As terrible as the tragedy was, it was the little girl's fault for running onto the highway amid traffic.

My cousin and his wife haven't been the same since.

It messed them up badly. Broke up their marriage, even.

7 year olds aren't supposed to be operating motor vehicles in California. Not the kid's fault, but why weren't the parents arrested? Send a message and make an example. Hopefully make parents think twice about allowing such things in the future.

Why is a 7 year old riding a motorized bicycle, that is illegal, why are these Chinese products allowed to be sold? Why do parents buy them for children? At 7pm it was dark or almost dark. The mob that attacked the driver should be arrested and the parents should be charged with neglect. Very simple, sounds rough but these ghetto neighborhoods need to follow the law too. Then all the licenses the ice cream truck has need to be verified. If he is in violation then he should be charged because then he should not have been there either.
Us in the middle class suburbs have to follow endless rules and laws. The ghetto is no exception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 year olds aren't supposed to be operating motor vehicles in California. Not the kid's fault, but why weren't the parents arrested? Send a message and make an example. Hopefully make parents think twice about allowing such things in the future.
Amen to this.

God bless you and the boys family and the driver of the truck always!!!

Holly

P.S. May that little boy be with the Lord now too. (bowing my head)

Forum List

Back