🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Brady background check for guns....did it fail to stop the church shooter...yes?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Is it true that the kid bought the gun and passed the federal Brady Background check.....? That is what is being reported now...

BREAKING Charleston Church Killer Passed Brady Bill Background Check - The Truth About Guns

turned 21 in April, and a short time later he had a gun,” cnn.com reports. “On Thursday, investigators did a trace of the handgun used in Wednesday’s shooting and determined that it was a .45-caliber handgun **** purchased from a Charleston gun store in April, two law enforcement officials told CNN. His grandfather says Roof was given ‘birthday money’ and that the family didn’t know what he did with it.” Well now we know . . .

We also know **** passed a Brady Bill background check. Which just goes to show that background checks are nothing more than feel-good security theater. In case you didn’t know already.

Okay anti gun extremists....the LEOs did follow the paper work on the gun........that is what you say you want as common sense gun control right...the ability to backtrack a gun...right?

And what exactly did that do to stop this mass shooting? Think really, really hard....

And at this point it is not confirmed...but if he passed the Brady Background check you anti gun extremists love......how did that stop the church shooting? Think really, really hard....

Last edited:
And more on he story....

CNN Charleston Shooter Purchased Gun Legally from Gun Store - Breitbart

They explained the news with greater detail in an article posted to CNN.com.

They reported:

One key part of this horrific scheme — the weapon — came in April, when Roof bought a .45-caliber handgun at a Charleston gun store, the two law enforcement officials told Perez and Bruer from CNN.

Previous reports have all indicated that Roof was given a gun for his birthday, but Roof’s grandfather presented it differently. He said, “Roof was given ‘birthday money’ and the family didn’t know what [he] did with it.”

Law enforcement simply confirmed Roof bought the gun.

CNN Money noted that buying a gun from a gun store entails passing a background check, which means Roof “apparently met the legal criteria.” It also means Roof joins a long list of other attackers who got their guns via background checks as well.

And here is a list of mass shooters who passed background checks and other laws.....before they went on to murder......anti gun extremists....how are those gun laws working for you....sure...they make it a hassle for peaceful, law abiding people to get guns...you guys have a good laugh over that.....

But they don't stop crime, and the don't stop mass shootings...which you claim is your goal...

Now if your goal is to stop criminal gun use and mass shootings...

Why do you focus on the innocent, peaceful, law abiding citizen instead of criminals?

Those include Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi (Garland), Jared and Amanda Miller (Las Vegas), Elliot Rodger (Santa Barabara), Ivan Lopez (Fort Hood 2014), Darion Marcus Aguilar (Maryland mall), Karl Halverson Pierson (Arapahoe High School), Paul Ciancia (LAX), Andrew John Engeldinger (Minneapolis), Aaron Alexis (DC Navy Yard), Tennis Melvin Maynard (West Virginia), James Holmes (Aurora theater), Jared Loughner (Tucson), Nidal Hasan (Fort Hood 2009), Jiverly Wong (Binghamton), Seung-Hui Cho (Virginia Tech), Naveed Haq (Seattle), and Mark Barton (Atlanta), among others.

Nothing is going to stop this shit from happening because the problem isn't guns, the problem is poor mental health care. If he can't get a gun he'll make a pressure cooker bomb or something else.

Nothing is going to stop this shit from happening because the problem isn't guns, the problem is poor mental health care. If he can't get a gun he'll make a pressure cooker bomb or something else.

Or a fertilzer bomb....in Australia their nuts like to start fires...when they aren't just shooting people.....

Good thing he didn't have the right to buy an automatic weapon or some explosives. He might've taken out everyone in the church.

Good thing he didn't have the right to buy an automatic weapon or some explosives. He might've taken out everyone in the church.

yeah...didn't stop mcviegh or the muslims at the Boston marathon....did it......?

Look at all the gun laws that were broken to make this happen....but I thought gun laws stopped these mass shootings...and not one new gun law proposed by anti gun extremists would have stopped this mass shooting.....

Charleston shooter tells cops Everyone at the church was so nice to me I almost couldn t go through with it Hot Air

And which store sold him the gun? Federal law already makes it illegal for someone with felony charges pending against him to buy a gun; Roof was facing felony drug-possession charges from February. It would also be illegal under state law for Roof to have the gun on him at the church, notes David Harsanyi, unless he had a concealed-carry permit, which seems unlikely for a guy with a record. In fact, notes Harsanyi, “South Carolina law also prohibits drug addicts from obtaining or possessing firearms, and numerous news reports suggest Roof was likely addicted to both prescription and illegal narcotics.” Roof’s gun wasn’t an “assault weapon” either, writes Charles Cooke, and he didn’t use high-capacity magazines, the two feelgood measures most frequently touted by leftists as part of their gun-ban wishlist, so Obama’s post-Newtown plans wouldn’t have done anything more to stop this than the law already did. The law on the books should have prevented it. Roof apparently broke it. What now?

He almost took out everyone regardless, two that survived a grandmother and a five year old who played dead and one woman who he let live so she could tell everyone who shot the rest. Point is he didn't really need an AR15 or C4 to kill. Gun control isn't the answer,mental health and Idiot control is. I'm pretty sure his friends knew he was off the rails, they could have done something about it.

Look at all the gun laws that were broken to make this happen....but I thought gun laws stopped these mass shootings

Charleston shooter tells cops Everyone at the church was so nice to me I almost couldn t go through with it Hot Air
Lot's of laws broken yes. Thank goodness there were laws in place that prevented from getting weaponry that could have murdered everyone.

Which laws were those? Considering he murdered everyone but 2 or 3, killing nine in total............What laws stopped it again?

Is it true that the kid bought the gun and passed the federal Brady Background check.....? That is what is being reported now...

BREAKING Charleston Church Killer Passed Brady Bill Background Check - The Truth About Guns

turned 21 in April, and a short time later he had a gun,” cnn.com reports. “On Thursday, investigators did a trace of the handgun used in Wednesday’s shooting and determined that it was a .45-caliber handgun **** purchased from a Charleston gun store in April, two law enforcement officials told CNN. His grandfather says Roof was given ‘birthday money’ and that the family didn’t know what he did with it.” Well now we know . . .

We also know **** passed a Brady Bill background check. Which just goes to show that background checks are nothing more than feel-good security theater. In case you didn’t know already.

Okay anti gun extremists....the LEOs did followed the paper work on the gun........that is what you say you want as common sense gun control right...the ability to backtrack a gun...right?

And what exactly did that do to stop this mass shooting? Think really, really hard....

And at this point it is not confirmed...but if he passed the Brady Background check you anti gun extremists love......how did that stop the church shooting? Think really, really hard....

What "kid" are you talking about?

If you're talking about the shooter in the Charleston church, he is an adult.

But you're right that our laws don't go nearly far enough.

Look at all the gun laws that were broken to make this happen....but I thought gun laws stopped these mass shootings

Lot's of laws broken yes. Thank goodness there were laws in place that prevented from getting weaponry that could have murdered everyone.

Which laws were those? Considering he murdered everyone but 2 or 3, killing nine in total............What laws stopped it again?
The automatic weapons ban.

He almost took out everyone regardless, two that survived a grandmother and a five year old who played dead and one woman who he let live so she could tell everyone who shot the rest. Point is he didn't really need an AR15 or C4 to kill. Gun control isn't the answer,mental health and Idiot control is. I'm pretty sure his friends knew he was off the rails, they could have done something about it.

Really....I don't think so....most people are not qualified to judge the reality of a dangerous mentally ill person who doesn't seem to have been violent...weird, yes, violent no. So lanza's mother...this guys friends and family...did they think he was weird...yes...did they know he would murder 9 people.....probably had no clue.....

Automatic gun control has saved countless lives from these mass murdering lunatics. So there's one gun law that worked.

More than 11K killed last year.

You're right. We need MUCH stronger laws, MUCH stronger controls.

Thank you for making that point so clearly.

If someone wants a gun bad enough they will get one somehow
Yup it's not exactly hard to buy an illegal gun. Probably not hard to steal one either if people keep them buy the nightstand and not in a safe.

Go to the south side of Chicago and I promise you that you can get anything you want. Most likely in less than a hour. You may die doing it but that's a chance you take

Forum List

Back