Armed citizen shoots and stops criminal who murdered police officer

The anti-gun extremists tell us that people never use guns for self defense…..that the idea of law abiding gun owners using guns for self defense is a myth…….,

This man used his legal gun to stop a violent criminal who stabbed a police officer to death…..,

In a tragic turn of events that has both shocked and united the community of Las Cruces, New Mexico, an armed citizen took decisive action to stop a deadly assault on a local police officer, according to reports from KOB 4 News and Las Cruces Sun News.
——
In the midst of this chaos, 29-year-old Issiah Astorga witnessed the attack. Fearing for his life, his girlfriend’s life and that of the officer, Astorga retrieved a handgun from his vehicle and intervened. Despite his efforts to stop the altercation without violence, Astorga was forced to shoot Silva as he advanced toward him in a threatening manner after stabbing the police officer. Astorga and another good Samaritan then attempted to aid Officer Hernandez until emergency services arrived
———
Issiah Astorga Statement (as reported by KOB 4 News):

On February 11, 2024, I witnessed an individual attacking an officer at 335 South Valley Drive. I saw that the individual who was attacking the officer was in complete control of the altercation. I made the decision that I was going to go try to stop the altercation, but I was afraid that the individual attacking the officer could make the decision to disarm the officer of his service weapon.
So, I decided to arm myself with my handgun that I keep in my car, for protection. I then ran towards the fight with the hope of stopping it. As I was approaching, I could see that the officer was bleeding severely from the neck area while continuing to be attacked. I yelled for the attacking individual to stop.
However, in a threatening manner, the individual who attacked the officer turned and advanced towards me. Due to the severe bleeding from the officer, I knew that the individual approaching me had a weapon. Fearing for my life, my girlfriend’s life, and the officer’s life, I fired my handgun. When I felt that it was safe to do so, I tried my best to aid the injured officer. A good citizen who partially witnessed these events helped me try to control the situation and radioed to dispatch the events that had happened.

Notice…..

—this citizen was able to use their legal gun effectively

—this citizen used their legal gun to stop a violent murderer

—this citizen did not just start shooting at other innocent people

—this citizen was not then shot by police because they thought he was the killer…….

The anti-gun extremists keep telling us lies about law abiding gun owners because the truth, facts and reality do not support anything they believe about guns and gun owners…
You weren't supposed to notice that.

Forum List

Back