Brain-Washing and Manipulation: Here's How!

What is not surprising at all in a PC thread is that the truth turns out to be the exact opposite of her attempted point.

The 'Commies' were the stock villains of all sorts of cinema and television in the 50's, 60's, and 70's.

Even Indiana Jones went a few rounds with them in one of those dreadful sequels.

And John Wayne, the Green Berets. What's the problem there? He wasn't heroic enough, or the Vietnamese weren't communist enough?

Well your right that there isn't much out there in the way of anti-communist Hollywood films. Disney did one some 30 years ago about some East Germans escaping in a balloon over the border.

The film "Enemy at the Gates" showed the common Soviet practice of mowing down their troops who retreated. It also talked some about NKVD torture.

There have been a couple of films about the escaping Soviet prison camps based on the books "The Long Walk" and "As Far as My Feet will Carry Me."---but don't think they were products of Hollywood.

Even if the Leftists put out 1 anti-commie film for every 9 they make in the usual fashion, that would still be enough to brainwash the masses.

"... 1 anti-commie film for every 9 they make in the usual fashion, that would still be enough to brainwash the masses."

Indeed.
They were/are well established....

And, did you know that Communists originated a blacklist in Hollywood long before they complained that they were blacklisted:

Communists in high positions in Hollywood were able to see to it that ant-Communist works never made it to the screen.

Quoted in "The Worker," Dalton Trumbo bragged about de facto anti-Communist blacklisting.
"We have produced a few fine films in Hollywood, a great many of which were vulgar and opportunistic and a few downright vicious. If you tell me Hollywood, in contrast with the novel and the theater, has produced nothing so provocative or so progressive as Freedom Road or Deep Are the Roots, I will grant you the point, but I may also add that neither has Hollywood produced anything so untrue or so reactionary as The Yogi and the Commissar, Out of the Night, Report on the Russians, There Shall Be No Night, or Adventures of a Young Man.

Nor does Hollywood's forthcoming schedule include such tempting items as James T. Farrell, Bernard Clare, Victor A. Kravchenko's "I Chose Freedom," or the so-called biography of Stalin by Leon Trotsky."
FrontPage Magazine - Orwell vs. Communism

I recall Red Dawn, and the reviews of it that were less than flattering even though it's one of the best movies I've ever seen.

The new one looks silly to me though. I have yet to watch it.

Well your right that there isn't much out there in the way of anti-communist Hollywood films. Disney did one some 30 years ago about some East Germans escaping in a balloon over the border.

The film "Enemy at the Gates" showed the common Soviet practice of mowing down their troops who retreated. It also talked some about NKVD torture.

There have been a couple of films about the escaping Soviet prison camps based on the books "The Long Walk" and "As Far as My Feet will Carry Me."---but don't think they were products of Hollywood.

Even if the Leftists put out 1 anti-commie film for every 9 they make in the usual fashion, that would still be enough to brainwash the masses.

"... 1 anti-commie film for every 9 they make in the usual fashion, that would still be enough to brainwash the masses."

Indeed.

And, did you know that Communists originated a blacklist in Hollywood long before they complained that they were blacklisted:

Communists in high positions in Hollywood were able to see to it that ant-Communist works never made it to the screen.

Quoted in "The Worker," Dalton Trumbo bragged about de facto anti-Communist blacklisting.
"We have produced a few fine films in Hollywood, a great many of which were vulgar and opportunistic and a few downright vicious. If you tell me Hollywood, in contrast with the novel and the theater, has produced nothing so provocative or so progressive as Freedom Road or Deep Are the Roots, I will grant you the point, but I may also add that neither has Hollywood produced anything so untrue or so reactionary as The Yogi and the Commissar, Out of the Night, Report on the Russians, There Shall Be No Night, or Adventures of a Young Man.

Nor does Hollywood's forthcoming schedule include such tempting items as James T. Farrell, Bernard Clare, Victor A. Kravchenko's "I Chose Freedom," or the so-called biography of Stalin by Leon Trotsky."

I recall Red Dawn, and the reviews of it that were less than flattering even though it's one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Red Dawn was a big hit and an immediate classic because it was right out of the fantasy world of baby boomer boys when they played 'army'...

...fighting the commies who invaded America.

The idea that young people were brought up back those days to love the Soviets is so feverishly insane that it doesn't even make good satire...too implausible.

Indeed.

Red Dawn was a big hit and an immediate classic because it was right out of the fantasy world of baby boomer boys when they played 'army'...

The idea that young people were brought up back those days to love the Soviets is so feverishly insane that it doesn't even make good satire...too implausible.

Congratulations-----you managed to miss the whole point----again.

but you did forget this one

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060921/ lol

omg and this one

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083131/

Last edited:

The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming (1966) - IMDb lol

omg and this one

Stripes (1981) - IMDb

Well, yes....they missed the point, that being the portrayal of the inhuman horror of communism, the killing of the spirit, the soul.
But, to get the subject discussed, even superficially, is good enough for one OP.

Solzhenitsyn spoke of the aspect missing from American cinema, as well as Russian history,and literature....truth.

"Can we, dare we, describe the full loathsomeness of the state in which we lived (not so remote from that of today)? And if we do not show that loathsomeness in its entirety, the we are have a lie. For this reason I consider that literature did not exist in our country in the thirties, forties, and fifties. Because without the full truth it is not literature."
Alexandr Solzhenitsyn, "The Gulag Archipelago Two," p, 632.

omg and this one

Stripes (1981) - IMDb

No I didn't. I proved the point idiotic. Young people weren't brainwashed by movies and tv towards sympathy for the communists,

exactly the opposite happened. As usual PC doesn't know what she's talking about.

She couldn't name an anti-communist movie figure, I named a dozen in a few minutes.

Stop kissing her dumb ass, be a man, and think for yourself.

omg and this one

Stripes (1981) - IMDb

Well, yes....they missed the point, that being the portrayal of the inhuman horror of communism, the killing of the spirit, the soul.
But, to get the subject discussed, even superficially, is good enough for one OP.

Solzhenitsyn spoke of the aspect missing from American cinema, as well as Russian history,and literature....truth.

"Can we, dare we, describe the full loathsomeness of the state in which we lived (not so remote from that of today)? And if we do not show that loathsomeness in its entirety, the we are have a lie. For this reason I consider that literature did not exist in our country in the thirties, forties, and fifties. Because without the full truth it is not literature."

He's just crying because he didn't get any sweet movie deals.

I read his August 1914, about the battle of Tannenberg, and thought it would make a great movie.

Who can forget the Duke in "The Green Berets". One of the most blatantly obvoius propaganda films of the sixties. What about Rocky when he beat up Ivan Drago and made that idiotic speech at the end.;)

In her brilliant and detailed work, "American Betrayal," Diana West bright-lights facts that don't readily occur to most. These almost hidden aspects of manipulation that have allowed diabolical doctrines to conquer society.

1. "Of all the products of popular culture, none is more sharply etched in our collective imagination than the movies.... ideological constructs that advance particular political or moral values or myths;..." Digital History

a. "Oliver Stone Rewrites History — Again" http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/m...writes-history-again.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

2. "One simple, concrete measure of the success of Soviet subversion in America is the near-total absence of movies that dramatize arguably the primary historical drama of the last century: the struggle....against spreading Communist totalitarianism."
West, "American Betrayal," p.82.

3. Can you name a Hollywood opus that dramatized the efforts of thousands of Germans to break out from behind the barbarically inhuman Berlin Wall, to find freedom in the West?

a. Clark Gable's 1953 "Never Let Me Go" may be the only flic depicting the Soviet Union as one giant jail.

b. How about perilous escapes from the Marxist regime that executes political rivals, imprisoned poets, and persecuted homosexuals: Fidel Castro's Cuba.
Can you think of any flix on this theme?

c. Or, who can name even one single anti-Communist good guy??

4. In "Hollywood Party: How Communism Seduced the American Film Industry in the 1930s and 1940s," Kenneth Lloyd Billingsley writes 'not a single Hollywood film has ever shown Communists committing atrocities.

a. Be very clear: Over one hundred million human beings have been slaughtered at the hands of Communism in the 20th century.
“The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression,” which is a compilation of research edited by French scholar Stephane Courtois, totals over 100 million victims of Communist murder during the 20th Century.

5. When it came to the Terror Famine in the Ukraine, or the Moscow show trials, Hollywood's efforts were to advance pro-Soviet propaganda, e.g., "North Star,"(1943,) or "Mission to Moscow," (1943).

a. "Everyone loves a little Soviet propaganda from time to time. And nobody did it better than writer Howard Koch and director Michael Curtiz — the same creative team behind the 1942 classic “Casablanca.” Believe it or not, but just one year later, the pair put together a wildly biased piece of propaganda that made Stalin look like a saint.Why did they do it? Because President Roosevelt asked." It's 'Mission' accomplished with pro-Soviet propaganda at BAM - NYPOST.com

b. Based on the best-seller of the same title by US ambassador to the Soviet Union, Joseph E. Davies, it was simply a Soviet apologist's best efforts. He wrote of the show trials in which Stalin liquidated his political rivals on bogus charges, "there was proof beyond reasonable doubt to justify the verdict of guilty of treason."
Andrew and Mitrokhin, "The Sword and the Shield," p. 546.
BTW, Davies remained senior advisor to Truman, as well.

OK....so you'll admit that callow youth might be susceptible to Hollywood propaganda?
Well, then...how to explain the same phenomenon in 'historians' and 'journalists'?
Most of them evince the same sort of worldview.

:clap2:

Were you guys asleep in the eighties? Almost every other movie made was about the
US vs communism, including one of my favorites, "Spies like Us."

Who can forget the Duke in "The Green Berets". One of the most blatantly obvoius propaganda films of the sixties. What about Rocky when he beat up Ivan Drago and made that idiotic speech at the end.;)

those don't count because you are an educated boob..( im channeling Pc )

Boy, Hollywood also showed the Khmer Rouge in such a positive light in "The Killing Fields."

It has been known for a long time that American libtards starting from early 30s were pinkies if not plain red.

They LIED then as they LIE now.

Nothing new under the sun.

Their agenda did not change.

omg and this one

Stripes (1981) - IMDb

No I didn't. I proved the point idiotic. Young people weren't brainwashed by movies and tv towards sympathy for the communists,

exactly the opposite happened. As usual PC doesn't know what she's talking about.

She couldn't name an anti-communist movie figure, I named a dozen in a few minutes.

Stop kissing her dumb ass, be a man, and think for yourself.

And well done :clap2:

The idea that movies (of all the wastes of time) aren't sufficiently propagandistic ... :cuckoo:

I read that statement by Solzhenitsyn and think he's speaking directly to you, Chic.

Can you describe the full loathsomeness of the state we live in today?

Can you name the horrors we've inflicted upon the world?

You've named the inhuman acts of others, now how about you naming the inhuman acts committed by us?

Forum List

Back