Brazil Real Plunges as Minimum-Wage Hike Worsens Fiscal Outlook

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
This conundrum will not vanish. Very few people wish others to live in poverty or to earn barely enough money to survive. However, the reality is that when labor prices increase companies will invest in capital and other solutions, machines of various sorts, and then many of the people we wish to help will be jobless. These constant intrusions by big government lean us in that direction. Solutions must be reached that do not backfire from step one and this is something progressives don't seem to understand.

Brazil Real Plunges as Minimum-Wage Hike Worsens Fiscal Outlook

I'd like to say

WE FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!

But leftist have to push for it here and still won't learn after things get worse.

teaching leftist is like trying to teach a dead dog a new trick.

This is the dumbest title ever, and no argument or proof what-so-ever of your claims. Bloomberg = news paper, not economic analysis.

Even a basic understanding of Econ makes this article dumb.

Money value relative to international currencies is dictated by money supply, not wage rates within a single currency.

How DUMB are REPUBLICAN/CONSERVATIVES?

This is the dumbest title ever, and no argument or proof what-so-ever of your claims. Bloomberg = news paper, not economic analysis.

Money value relative to international currencies is dictated by money supply, not wage rates within a single currency.

Rio Times, Reuters, Trading Economics, Brazil Business, La Prensa, Australian Financial Review ...................

Rio Times, Reuters, Trading Economics, Brazil Business, La Prensa, Australian Financial Review ...................
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Do any of them quote economic analysis just as Bloomberg did not?

Sorry, but, you have a lot to learn if you THINK News Papers are "Reality".

Excuse me but a minimum wage increase does not reduce the money supply nor does it increase the money supply, it has no effect on money supply, therefore it has ZERO effect on the value of currency.

The psychology of people such as yourself, may serve to provide a small panic, that allows Institutional Investors moving billions of dollars to get suckers like you to sell their positions cover the Institution's shorts and make Banks BILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

Proving you the idiot, the News Papers the tool, and the Banks and myself smarter than you.

Did you know that there are news articles that exists for a billionth of a second created by Algorithms known as "Sharks" designed to confuse other algorithms that search the media and in order to place fractional High Frequency trades (millions of trades per second).

The human never knows these fake news articles even exist but the machines pick them up and make trades based on their falsehoods, which benefits the owners of the Shark Algorithms.

50% of all Stock Market volume are now traded by robots programmed by C++ 99 certified Programmers (That's the requirement of Bloomberg's Algorithmic traders anyway).

Please get educated or please don't vote. Because you're 100% wrong, and you're hurting people's lives by suppressing the minimum wage below sustainable cost of living.

Last edited:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Excuse me but a minimum wage increase does not reduce the money supply nor does it increase the money supply, it has no effect on money supply, therefore it has ZERO effect on the value of currency.

The psychology of people such as yourself, may serve to provide a small panic, that allows Institutional Investors moving billions of dollars to get suckers like you to sell their positions cover the Institution's shorts and make Banks BILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

Proving you the idiot, the News Papers the tool, and the Banks and myself smarter than you.
right there you proved yourself an economic buffoon.

dismissed

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

dismissed

Sure I did bud, earn yourself a Nobel prize in Economics and please explain how a wage affects money supply at all.

Can you provide us with the mathematical equation that shows the relationship between wages and money supply?

a company pays what it can afford and still expand
expansion means it can hire more people
small companies grow and large companies grow

increasing wages means profits are cut, that means companies have less to grow with or can't grow at all
small companies die or stagnate unless they increase cost
large companies take advantage of this since the have more and crush the competition, by doing so they get more business and use the income to hire people where it's cheaper, taking their money with them.

like Pfizer did not long ago.

I'd say, you're welcome, but you're a leftist and learning is not something you can do.

increasing wages means profits are cut, that means companies have less to grow with or can't grow at all
large companies take advantage of this since the have more and crush the competition, by doing so they get more business and use the income to hire people where it's cheaper, taking their money with them.

I'd say, you're welcome, but you're a leftist and learning is not something you can do.

You have a 1 dimensional understanding of a multidimensional issue.

So why don't you reduce the minimum wages to 0 and infinitely increase job creation? Your point makes no sense.

And in actuality. There are inelastic aspects to both.

You can only raise minimum wage so much before it effects prices and employment, and you can only decrease it so much before employers can no longer lower it below what people will take.

But should we be at the whim of a labor market? Should the poorest suffer cannibalism for work?

****Complete bullshit....
People were making money way before Clinton, Bush, Obama.
...Complete bullshit****

Why just raise the minimum wage? It should be according to the amount of work you do. After the first 40 hrs per week, 1.5 and over 80, 2.
We have seen in the Oregon raise that most workers wanted less hours so they could still qualify for state benefits. So what was the point of the raise? People already earning over the minimum did not get an equal raise in their pay. Many companies are going automated or using fewer workers since the minimum was raised. Too many are closing their doors. More people will be out of work or under working.

The economy has to be able to support the raise or everyone will suffer. Brazil is already overwhelmed with the unemployed and so many living below poverty or on the streets.

You have a 1 dimensional understanding of a multidimensional issue.

So why don't you reduce the minimum wages to 0 and infinitely increase job creation? Your point makes no sense.

And in actuality. There are inelastic aspects to both.

You can only raise minimum wage so much before it effects prices and employment, and you can only decrease it so much before employers can no longer lower it below what people will take.

But should we be at the whim of a labor market? Should the poorest suffer cannibalism for work?
:D

ok, I'll try to explain this in leftanese

raising the min wage will make ever thing better so vote for (D)

thats the lefts claim, so Brazil did it and got the opposite affect, just like we said.

we told you so

****Complete bullshit....
People were making money way before Clinton, Bush, Obama.
...Complete bullshit****
Where did I say people weren't making money?

but yes, under RR more people made more money and the economy boomed, if we had just cut spending after the Cold War, things would have been greater

There's way more going on right now in Brazil that's causing huge problems, than an upcoming wage hike.

Planned interest rate hikes in the near future will make it way harder for companies in Brazil to service their debt, for example. Now that's gonna be a tough nut for them to crack, so why not deny their workers that planned wage hike so they can use that money to pay the higher interest rates.

There's way more going on right now in Brazil that's causing huge problems, than an upcoming wage hike.

Planned interest rate hikes in the near future will make it way harder for companies in Brazil to service their debt, for example. Now that's gonna be a tough nut for them to crack, so why not deny their workers that planned wage hike so they can use that money to pay the higher interest rates.
and the massive central government
corruption
cronyism
spending
debt
taxation

I'm sure none of that sounds familiar to most people

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

dismissed
I put that moron on ignore the day after he joined. He's as dumb as truth matters

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

dismissed
I put that moron on ignore the day after he joined. He's as dumb as truth matters
Hold it right there mister!

I just so happen to think TM was the best poster we ever had.

No one could be proven wrong, so many times, and melt so hard, as her.

I miss that crazy bitch.

This douche can't hold a candle to her.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

dismissed
Hold it right there mister!

I just so happen to think TM was the best poster we ever had.

No one could be proven wrong, so many times, and melt so hard, as her.

I miss that crazy bitch.

This douche can't hold a candle to her.

I'm not sure they teach economics in high school in the US. I am disappointed with the math they teach in school.

Forum List

Back