Breakfast

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
Breakfast today was home-made fried Cumberland sausage on home-made bread. Although I have home-made butter in the fridge (made yesterday), I finished off the shops bought butter out of the butter dish. I added a squirt of tomato sauce, which was shop bought. On the to-do list is to find recipes and experiment making tomato sauce.

I normally do my own full English breakfast; fried tomato, sausage, egg, beans, streaky bacon, fried bread, and now and then fried mushrooms. But didn't fancy that palaver today.

I usually just do a couple of eggs and some ham, no bread, and occasionally some sliced raw bell peppers. Saturdays I do a big spread at a local diner, chicken fried steak and eggs, or a Denver omelette smothered in chili.

I usually just do a couple of eggs and some ham, no bread, and occasionally some sliced raw bell peppers. Saturdays I do a big spread at a local diner, chicken fried steak and eggs, or a Denver omelette smothered in chili.
I've noticed on YouTube, I think it's more Korean, they fry ham/spam and incorporate it with fried egg, bread etc.. with a squirt of sriracha sauce.

Nobody ever went to England for the food, that's for sure.

But I'll say this....I get the beans, we had a old warden that had beans on the chow line (as an extra) with each meal.

He used to say "if a man won't eat anything else he will eat beans".....And he was right.

We had scrapple, farm fresh eggs, and sourdough toast for breakfast. ;)

I've noticed on YouTube, I think it's more Korean, they fry ham/spam and incorporate it with fried egg, bread etc.. with a squirt of sriracha sauce.

I use a southern type of relish called 'chow chow', a hot version with hot peppers, a local brand.

My version doesn't have beans in it, and I've never seen any with beans in it, though.

My grandmother's had celery and other stuff in it, and purple cabbage.

Today's breakfast was fried tomato, streaky bacon, 2 x Richmond cheap sausages, fried egg, tomato sauce, and fried bread. All washed down with Columbian ground coffee and Cruz Campo lager!

Well, I was banking on left over King prawn Thai Red curry from last night. So this morning, just a handful of walnuts.

Quite boring today.

Two slices of toast with butter and Duerr's Seville orange marmalade.

Then another two slices of toast, one with just butter, and the other with butter and raspberry jam.

Forum List

Back