Breaking News: Confirmed.........Ebola Transmittable By Air

Granted, health workers are going to be more at risk for inhaling particles of sputum/phlegm traveling through the air. However, what about when you are on a plane with an infected person. The air in the plane is all recycled air and that is quite close quarters when a person is coughing and sneezing.

I wish I knew what was going on with the CDC and the WHO, among others. I'm noticing lots of contradictions.
You do get that there is a difference between "coughing, and sneezing", and calling a virus "airborne", right? Yes, technically, your bodily fluids are "airborne" when you cough, and sneeze. However, Ebola still requires the bodily fluids to be transmitted. "Airborne" actually refers to a virus that needs no medium for transfer, other than the air. In other words, you don't need to cough or sneeze to transfer an "airborne" virus; all you have to do is breathe normally.

Yes, right, technically it is airborne when you catch it from airborne particulates. Do you not see how contagious that is? Why does the CIDRAP recommend that healthcare workers wear a respirator instead of just a regular mask? Because it is very contagious. That's why.

No, it isn't very contagious; neither is it an airborne illness.

Granted, health workers are going to be more at risk for inhaling particles of sputum/phlegm traveling through the air. However, what about when you are on a plane with an infected person. The air in the plane is all recycled air and that is quite close quarters when a person is coughing and sneezing.

I wish I knew what was going on with the CDC and the WHO, among others. I'm noticing lots of contradictions.

No one has ever been infected in that manner.

How would you know?

Did you ask the Ebola Czar, or the Great Pumpkin?

How would you know?

I already knew and did not need to ask.

How would you know?

I already knew and did not need to ask.

Yeah, sure doctor cabbie.

IF the disease is spread by cough and sneeze particulates, then you most certainly CAN get it in that manner.

You do get that there is a difference between "coughing, and sneezing", and calling a virus "airborne", right? Yes, technically, your bodily fluids are "airborne" when you cough, and sneeze. However, Ebola still requires the bodily fluids to be transmitted. "Airborne" actually refers to a virus that needs no medium for transfer, other than the air. In other words, you don't need to cough or sneeze to transfer an "airborne" virus; all you have to do is breathe normally.

Yes, right, technically it is airborne when you catch it from airborne particulates. Do you not see how contagious that is? Why does the CIDRAP recommend that healthcare workers wear a respirator instead of just a regular mask? Because it is very contagious. That's why.
Dude! The disease in not an airborne disease. How much more clear can I be? If you would like to run around screaming "The sky is falling!", feel free. However, I'm really not gonna worry about a disease that is less communicable that HIV, if that's okay with you.

Dude! The disease in not an airborne disease. How much more clear can I be? If you would like to run around screaming "The sky is falling!", feel free. However, I'm really not gonna worry about a disease that is less communicable that HIV, if that's okay with you.

It can be passed through the air from sneeze and cough particles. TECHNICALLY airborne, as you admitted to in your prior post. Do you deny that? Because I can post PLENTY of links to prove you wrong.

It can be passed through the air from sneeze and cough particles. TECHNICALLY airborne, as you admitted to in your prior post. Do you deny that? Because I can post PLENTY of links to prove you wrong.
Give it up, you're wrong. I can see why you get on people's nerves.

Give it up, you're wrong. I can see why you get on people's nerves.

Lol! I'm not wrong. No need to get annoyed because you're wrong! :lol: Now, instead of personal attacks, how about you stick to the topic and address my link below. :)

Here you go.

Ebola Can Be Transmitted Via Infectious Aerosol Particles Health Workers Need Respirators not Masks Global Research

According to my link above, they prefer to use the term "aerosol transmissible."

Snippet:
Modern research, using more sensitive instruments and analytic methods, has shown that aerosols emitted from the respiratory tract contain a wide distribution of particle sizes—including many that are small enough to be inhaled.5,6 Thus, both small and large particles will be present near an infectious person.

The chance of large droplets reaching the facial mucous membranes is quite small, as the nasal openings are small and shielded by their external and internal structure. Although close contact may permit large-droplet exposure, it also maximizes the possibility of aerosol inhalation.

As noted by early aerobiologists, liquid in a spray aerosol, such as that generated during coughing or sneezing, will quickly evaporate,7 which increases the concentration of small particles in the aerosol. Because evaporation occurs in milliseconds, many of these particles are likely to be found near the infectious person.

The current paradigm also assumes that only “small” particles (less than 5 micrometers [mcm]) can be inhaled and deposited in the respiratory tract. This is not true. Particles as large as 100 mcm (and perhaps even larger) can be inhaled into the mouth and nose. Larger particles are deposited in the nasal passages, pharynx, and upper regions of the lungs, while smaller particles are more likely to deposit in the lower, alveolar regions. And for many pathogens, infection is possible regardless of the particle size or deposition site.

It’s time to abandon the old paradigm of three mutually exclusive transmission routes for a new one that considers the full range of particle sizes both near and far from a source. In addition, we need to factor in other important features of infectivity, such as the ability of a pathogen to remain viable in air at room temperature and humidity and the likelihood that systemic disease can result from deposition of infectious particles in the respiratory system or their transfer to the gastrointestinal tract.

We recommend using “aerosol transmissible” rather than the outmoded terms “droplet” or “airborne” to describe pathogens that can transmit disease via infectious particles suspended in air.

No, it's not. As per my previous point, an airborne disease is just that - one that needs no medium other than the air to be transmitted. The cold virus can be transmitted this way; it is an airborne virus. Ebola cannot be transmitted this way; it is not an airborne virus.

If you would like to panic, feel free.
panic.gif
The rest of us who know better than to take Breitbart seriously are good, thanx...:cuckoo:

No, it's not. As per my previous point, an airborne disease is just that - one that needs no medium other than the air to be transmitted. The cold virus can be transmitted this way; it is an airborne virus. Ebola cannot be transmitted this way; it is not an airborne virus.

panic.gif
The rest of us who know better than to take Breitbart seriously are good, thanx...:cuckoo:

It is an "aerosol transmissible" disease, which means that droplets from sneezing, coughing, vomiting, etc., can travel through the air and enter another person's respiratory/gastrointestinal tract, also contagions on surfaces. Not as contagious as an airborne pathogen like TB, but nonetheless very contagious.

Another link for you.

W.H.O. contradicts CDC admits Ebola can spread via coughing sneezing and by touching contaminated surfaces - NaturalNews.com

panic.gif

As you can see, my links are from good valid sources and not from Breitbart or whatever. Also, no one is panicking. We are having a discussion. However, you and your buds seem to be getting pretty upset. Lol! :)

panic.gif

So, by your definition, one molecule of H2O means it is not 'airborne'.

Specious and silly semantics are not a sound basis for debate. Since a water molecule can be airborne (ever see a cloud?) a virus attached to said water molecule can be airborne.

panic.gif

Specious and silly semantics are not a sound basis for debate. Since a water molecule can be airborne (ever see a cloud?) a virus attached to said water molecule can be airborne.

Neither is trying to redefine scientific terms in order to justify your panic.

panic.gif

Neither is trying to redefine scientific terms in order to justify your panic.

Specious and silly semantics are not a sound basis for debate.

Forum List

Back