🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING NEWS: Manson family killer Leslie Van Houten, 73, is released from prison after serving 53 years of a life sentence

I agree, as I'm saying for the third time now.

But a claim of redemption is not enough to endanger society by releasing a murderer. If you were a youth pastor, would you want Van Houton to go to Church Camp for a week with you and several of your young charges?

Do you think she bears watching at all, or will her redemption not only redeem her, but also cast protection over all she comes in contact with?

Has she even claimed redemption, or are they letting her go because she is old now?
At the very least she better have an ankle monitor or be on home arrest.

I didn't even get a "clean" release. Spent months in a halfway house

Raise your hand if you would invite Leslie to the family Thankgiving dinner and allow her to carve the turkey.

The woman is no longer a predator...she is prey.
What's she gonna do with her walker or wheelchair?
She is going to be outside of an environment that she is used to....absolutely terrified the whole time before she dies.
The article posted specified that she "walked out of prison."

If she will be so frightened, the humane thing would have been to keep her locked up.

Last edited:
At the very least she better have an ankle monitor or be on home arrest.

I didn't even get a "clean" release. Spent months in a halfway house
Van Houton will spend a year, according to the article. But, that may a cover story for a much earlier release. It would not be safe to reveal her destination or her release date.

I believe in the protective power of an ankle monitor far less than I believe in the power of redemption. I'm not sure what ankle monitors accomplish, to be honest.

Van Houton will spend a year, according to the article. But, that may a cover story for a much earlier release. It would not be safe to reveal her destination or her release date.

I believe in the protective power of an ankle monitor far less than I believe in the power of redemption. I'm not sure what ankle monitors accomplish, to be honest.
You cut it off they know instantly. Old ones weren't like that as I abused them but you ain't escaping the new shit without someone knowing. And at 73 you'd be on her before she was a block away. IF the halfway house has monitoring capabilities

Manson family killer Leslie Van Houten, 73, is released from prison after serving 53 years​

I have no problem with that. She was just a young girl who was used and manipulated by Manson and I believe she will use what little of her life is left productively and the continued expense of jailing her not justified. Maybe she will put her time to good use going around lecturing others on the dangers of cultism and fanaticism of the kind that drives groups like Antifa, BLM, and most other radicalized leftwing groups to target people for political change.

But a claim of redemption is not enough to endanger society by releasing a murderer. If you were a youth pastor, would you want Van Houton to go to Church Camp for a week with you and several of your young charges? t

Not to make this political but I wouldn't want to invite 95% of politicians to a youth church camp.

I know for years Tex Watson has claimed to be a Christian? Is it legit? I have no idea but he holds Bible classes in church. Would I trust him to come tell his story?

Yes.

Many murderers are released to never murder again.

Does that mean she should have been? I'm still not sure.

Do you think she bears watching at all, or will her redemption not only redeem her, but also cast protection over all she comes in contact with?

Has she even claimed redemption, or are they letting her go because she is old now?

I would bet she will never physically harm another ever again.

You cut it off they know instantly. Old ones weren't like that as I abused them but you ain't escaping the new shit without someone knowing. And at 73 you'd be on her before she was a block away. IF the halfway house has monitoring capabilities
I thought you meant were an ankle monitor after she leaves the halfway house.

So, a 73 year old could just walk out of a halfway house, and they wouldn't know until she was almost a block away? What if she cuts it off a half block away at a four way intersection? They'll need bloodhounds.

Why did you abuse your ankle monitor if you were redeemed already?

I am living proof of redemption.
I had 5 to 15 years and got out after 3. Not everyone is a toss away
She earned nothing. If you have a gambling problem or are an alcoholic and you steal, you can be redeemed. You kill somebody for the thrill of it and there is no redemption until you die in prison.

Not to make this political but I wouldn't want to invite 95% of politicians to a youth church camp.

I know for years Tex Watson has claimed to be a Christian? Is it legit? I have no idea but he holds Bible classes in church. Would I trust him to come tell his story?

Yes.
Under heavy guard, so would I.
Many murderers are released to never murder again.

Does that mean she should have been? I'm still not sure.
Fair.
I would bet she will never physically harm another ever again.
But you would bet the lives of others, not yours or your loved ones.

she was so what? All that means is that the 19 year old gang banger should have been kept locked up, also. Locking up violent offenders is more for the safety of the law-abiding outside of prison than for any kind of justice.

Do you believe she is still a threat to society?

Raise your hand if you would invite Leslie to the family Thankgiving dinner and allow her to carve the turkey.

I would not invite any stranger to the family Thanksgiving dinner and allow them to carve the turkey

I thought you meant were an ankle monitor after she leaves the halfway house.

So, a 73 year old could just walk out of a halfway house, and they wouldn't know until she was almost a block away? What if she cuts it off a half block away at a four way intersection? They'll need bloodhounds.

Why did you abuse your ankle monitor if you were redeemed already?
It took several relapses for me to get a clue. I was 14 when charged and fought court for a couple years. Mostly from the county jail. When I got out I was nearly 21 and had NO CLUE how to act as an adult.
My PO tried several times to have me revoked and by the third time I was learning.

She's in her 70's and anyone who wanted to "help" her would have long since joined her in prison. Almost everyone I ran with eventually ended up with me. Some for VERY SERIOUS charges. Thankfully I was already locked up or I'd have been with them.

Life changes when you become instutionalized. Took me about 6 months to hit that stage.

But as I've said I don't know the particulars of her situation.

Exactly. It wasn't like the corpse was complaining about being stabbed over and over. The Labianca husband was a grocer, so he probably didn't let hungry people just take food off his shelf, so he deserved it anyway.

I can't believe that the prosecutors went for a felony in a case like that. Especially with that exemplary behavior, and all, after being caught being part of a mass murder gang.

Would you give her a job, taking care of loved ones?

oh, I think there were a lot of problems with how Bugliosi handled that case. He took what should have been a slam dunk case and made it the longest and most expensive case in CA history. (At least until the OJ case)

The real question is how much culpability did she have, compared to Manson and Watson, who were the ringleaders.

If she was so what? All that means is that the 19 year old gang banger should have been kept locked up, also. Locking up violent offenders is more for the safety of the law-abiding outside of prison than for any kind of justice. Justice would have required her to be violently killed, not housed in a California women's prison which are so cushy that men have started to lie about their genders to get into them.

The problem is, you can't lock up everyone forever... At some point, you have to let some people out on good behavior for no other reason than to get the rest of them to behave themselves.

Her goal was to start a race war, by blaming blacks for her own brutality. We saw, in 2020, how destructive it can be when people whip up a race war, so she deserves what she got and more.

So when do we lock up Trump? He actually instigated an ACTUAL race war.

Do you believe she is still a threat to society?
I have no idea what that phrase means to you, so I cannot answer. She is a threat to the people who will unknowingly interact with and live near her. Yes, because she committed a horrific murder and I have seen no evidence that she has changed other than the passage of time and her growing old during that time.

I would feel better if she had been committed to a secure psychiatric hospital to live her life out more comfortably, but safely for herself and those around her. I believe that she should be required to live next door to any member of her parole board that voted to release her.

Last edited:
oh, I think there were a lot of problems with how Bugliosi handled that case. He took what should have been a slam dunk case and made it the longest and most expensive case in CA history. (At least until the OJ case)

The real question is how much culpability did she have, compared to Manson and Watson, who were the ringleaders.
I would have supported the death penalty for Manson with LWOP for his followers.
The problem is, you can't lock up everyone forever... At some point, you have to let some people out on good behavior for no other reason than to get the rest of them to behave themselves.
Yes, find someone who want to lock up everyone forever, and I'll help you argue them down.

My idea would be what I call the ten, twenty, forty approach to violent criminals short of murderers. Ten years for first violent offense, twenty for the second, and forty for the third. That is pretty generous, given that we dont' look them up for effective life until the THIRD TIME they severly hurt someone.
So when do we lock up Trump? He actually instigated an ACTUAL race war.
Oh wow.

Is the first time that a Trump deranged individual has bleated "Orange Man BAAAAD" on this thread? If so that's 55 TDS free posts. Not bad.

But a claim of redemption is not enough to endanger society by releasing a murderer. If you were a youth pastor, would you want Van Houton to go to Church Camp for a week with you and several of your young charges?

No, but since that's not the only possible career she could have (She's 73, exactly what can she do at this point?)

Probably a little of both.
Incarcerating a Septuagenarian presents its own problems.

No, but since that's not the only possible career she could have (She's 73, exactly what can she do at this point?)

Probably a little of both.
Incarcerating a Septuagenarian presents its own problems.
Secure psychiatric hospital.

I have no idea what that phrase means to you, so I cannot answer. She is a threat to the people who will unknowingly interact with and live near her. Yes, because she committed a horrific murder and I have seen no evidence that she has changed other than the passage of time and her growing old during that time.

Those who are over her release have said they have seen the evidence of her changed life.

I don't really expect you to have seen much. Nor I nor anyone else here.

Forum List

Back