BREAKING: Shooting investigation underway at subway station in Brooklyn. Undetonated devices were found

All of this is speculation….

If the wounds are
To the legs it would be evidence it wasn’t a terrorist

He could have just been a short guy.

1649782319317.png

Looks to me like the attack was done by a goofy young teenager.
Must have used a small caliber weapon and is enamored by smoke bombs.

Becoming the enemy to beat them seems a losing strategy. If in the end you act no differently than they do, what is gained?
Had the British employed our strategy in the Revolutionary War... they may well have gained the retention of the American Colonies.

I'm certainly glad they chose the high ground... until 1812...

If New York didn't have such stringent gun control laws more people could get a carry permit. Maybe somebody on the subway could have shot the sonofabitch before he shot more people.

Gun control laws only means the bad guys will have firearms.

Had the British employed our strategy in the Revolutionary War... they may have a gained the retention of the American Colonies.

I'm certainly glad they chose the high ground... until 1812...

If you wish to compare yourself to the folks back in 1776 that is your right.

I am just not sure what is gained by becoming that which you claim to hate. If your "enemy" cause you to change your behavior and morals, did they not win?

If your spouse cheats on you so you cheat on them back, is that winning?

On 9/11 the win by the terrorist was not the killing of Americans, it was getting us to gleefully give up so many freedoms and liberties in the name of "security.

I am just not sure what is gained by becoming that which you claim to hate. If your "enemy" cause you to change your behavior and morals, did they not win?

On 9/11 the win by the terrorist was not the killing of Americans, it was getting us to gleefully give up so many freedoms and liberties in the name of "security.
You asked a question...I gave you a historical example.

Using your enemies tactics against them is not only a time honored strategy...it is a basic rule of warfare.

And that is what I believe you are missing.

We are at war.

It took me a long time to reach that conclusion myself.

You asked a question...I gave you a historical example.

Using your enemies tactics against them is not only a time honored strategy...it is a basic rule of warfare.

And that is what I believe you are missing.

We are at war.

It took me a long time to reach that conclusion myself.

So, your enemy rapes and kills your women and children, so you rape and kill theirs...what have you won?

Are you not now the same as your enemy?

So, your enemy tortures and kills POWs, so you torture and kills theirs...what have you won?

Are you not now the same as your enemy?

I disagree with the idea you have to become your enemy to defeat them.

We should discuss this later in our own thread... Perhaps in the Ethics forum.

I'll be back on tonight at our 9pm.

Forum List

Back