Bringing a parent to a job interview? What do you think of this?

Dr.Destructo

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2024
1718147693671.png

I've worked in corporate offices for over 20 years, and I have to say, I don't think I've ever seen a parent come in with the interviewee.

I've seen them come dressed in shorts/tanktops, see thru miniskirts, mumu's, spandex and halter tops.......you get the idea.
Many of them also stink up the room so bad with cologne or perfume, the interviewers reschedule. Making many people in the office sick.

DO THEY NOT TEACH PROFESSIONISM IN THESE "COLLEGES"???
Do they not teach proper manners and social etiquette in job courses?

Given the stats on this board image, I'd say no. No they do not.

Would you hire anyone that wasn't dressed appropriately, verbally unprofessional, or stank like a French whorehouse?

If it's a part time job in a High School fast food joint is fine. If it's a job in the rocket industry it's weird enough to recommend professional help.

Most folks would'nt hire me, simply because i'm a tad overt, opinionated, or whatever is descriptive of being a PITA

Which is why i've hung with God's special children in construction for so long

We'd send most human resources folks home to cry themselves to sleep nights.......~S~

View attachment 960898

I've worked in corporate offices for over 20 years, and I have to say, I don't think I've ever seen a parent come in with the interviewee.

I've seen them come dressed in shorts/tanktops, see thru miniskirts, mumu's, spandex and halter tops.......you get the idea.
Many of them also stink up the room so bad with cologne or perfume, the interviewers reschedule. Making many people in the office sick.

Would you hire anyone that wasn't dressed appropriately, verbally unprofessional, or stank like a French whorehouse?

I had a guy who, after three days of work, had his wife quit for him. He was useless anyway.

To me, the only way that such a picture could make any real sense is if a person was trying to get a job where their parents work.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I question those numbers. No way 19% actually brought their parent with them to a job interview.

Maybe 19% had their parent drive them there or something, but that’s not the same thing. The parent would wait in the reception area or, more likely, just wait in the car

That looks like a Fox News graphic in the OP. They’re just trying to rile up their geriatric viewer base again.

View attachment 960898

I have had it happen twice, and the kids were over 18, I have also had wives come to the interview and on one the wife spoke more than the husband and yes those are very short interviews.

To me, the only way that such a picture could make any real sense is if a person was trying to get a job where their parents work.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
They still wouldn’t bring their parent with them to the interview.

I suppose if the parent was to be one of their supervisors they might simply be present at the interview, like they would be for all candidates. But you’d think the company would avoid such a situation of obvious nepotism.

They only actual scenario where bringing your parent to an interview would make sense would be like a mentally challenged person applying for a job as a supermarket greeter or cart pusher or something like that

If someone brought a parent in during an interview I'd conduct the interview as quickly as humanly possibly and call them the next day to inform them I had more qualified candidates.

In reality id want to tell them "you brought a parent? You aren't fit to work. have a good day". But i can't do that, anyone that would bring a parent in would have a meltdown and cause me some kind of problems because they can't handle rejection and feel they deserve everything they want.

View attachment 960898

I found an article talking about that same survey your image came from. It paints a sad and kind of pathetic outlook on young employees trying to find jobs and they are just terribly illequipped to deal with being an adult.

From everything I've seen a 22 year old now has the maturity level of a 16 year old from fourth years ago.

Forum List

Back