Burn it down…

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
Turn off the lights, pour the gasoline on the floor, light the match and just walk out the door.

That’s exactly what should be done to the Washington Commanders. After 31 years of disgust and pathetic performances I thought this might finally be the test they started to look like a team worthy of wearing the burgundy and gold again. A new name. A new hope. Same old wastes of flesh and oxygen.

Losing to the Detroit Lions? That’s a crime worthy of death without a trial.

Turn off the lights, pour the gasoline on the floor, light the match and just walk out the door.

That’s exactly what should be done to the Washington Commanders. After 31 years of disgust and pathetic performances I thought this might finally be the test they started to look like a team worthy of wearing the burgundy and gold again. A new name. A new hope. Same old wastes of flesh and oxygen.

Losing to the Detroit Lions? That’s a crime worthy of death without a trial.

Like Dallas, as long as the owner's a narcissist POS, the team will never go anywhere! Oakland used to have the same problem w/ Davis B4 he died! Winning doesn't mean as much as the ego of owning a team! :dunno:

Like Dallas, as long as the owner's a narcissist POS, the team will never go anywhere
Dan Snyder isn’t really the issue in DC at this point. He’s mostly been pushed away from the day-to-day running of the team. As for the hoopla and legal issues… they’re meaningless to me. I don’t care what goes on in the office, just what happens on the field. His embracing of River Goodell and Robert Kraft are far bigge issues for me.

Dan Snyder isn’t really the issue in DC at this point. He’s mostly been pushed away from the day-to-day running of the team. As for the hoopla and legal issues… they’re meaningless to me. I don’t care what goes on in the office, just what happens on the field. His embracing of River Goodell and Robert Kraft are far bigge issues for me.

They're all BUDS & will defend each other to the death! It hasn't changed after all these yrs.! :eek: :itsok::dunno:

They're all BUDS & will defend each other to the death! It hasn't changed after all these yrs
Actually Snyder had been largely an outstrip the core owners group until about five years ago. Then he started getting chummy with them after the team got fucked over by the Competition Committee with a salary cap penalty for doing something that was totally legal.

More importantly they continue to reek on the field. Rivera needs to be fired . Del Rio needs to be fired.

They all need to go. TONIGHT. Won’t happen but until players and coaches start paying with their livelihoods for the last 31 years of ineptitude Otho g is gonna change.

LOL....I feel your pain
O, you don’t; but thanks for the sentiment. This team and it’s success means more to me than just another sports franchise.

It’s tied into some very strange and weird things from my childhood that I won’t get into here. Trust me, for me this is more than “just a game”, as my wife calls it.

O, you don’t; but thanks for the sentiment. This team and it’s success means more to me than just another sports franchise.

It’s tied into some very strange and weird things from my childhood that I won’t get into here. Trust me, for me this is more than “just a game”, as my wife calls it.
Then you need to reassess.

WTF has happened to this franchise? They were always perennially near the top, now wallow in the bottom
What happened was the 1994 Collective Bargaining Agreement. The salary cap, revenue sharing, parity, and the idea that any team should be able to win on any given Sunday. This franchise stood on a bill and fought against those ideas and has been punished for it time and time again.

Actually Snyder had been largely an outstrip the core owners group until about five years ago. Then he started getting chummy with them after the team got fucked over by the Competition Committee with a salary cap penalty for doing something that was totally legal.

More importantly they continue to reek on the field. Rivera needs to be fired . Del Rio needs to be fired.

They all need to go. TONIGHT. Won’t happen but until players and coaches start paying with their livelihoods for the last 31 years of ineptitude Otho g is gonna change.
Jack Del Rio? What's wrong with him?

He's not Monte Kiffin; But then again, who is?
:dunno:

What happened was the 1994 Collective Bargaining Agreement. The salary cap, revenue sharing, parity, and the idea that any team should be able to win on any given Sunday. This franchise stood on a bill and fought against those ideas and has been punished for it time and time again.

I know it hurt my fave team back then, the Buff. Bills! They lost so many of their star players over the yrs! :heehee:

Jack Del Rio? What's wrong with him
How many points has that defense given up ALREADY this year? Honestly, I don’t know. I know it was 22 last week and 2 before I stopped paying attention this week. That’s now acceptable if you’re going to be a winning team.

How many points has that defense given up ALREADY this year? Honestly, I don’t know. I know it was 22 last week and 2 before I stopped paying attention this week. That’s now acceptable if you’re going to be a winning team.
I think you mean "not acceptable" and I can see your point.(s) for the other team.

Now you know, he can only work with the defensive line the owners paid for, right?

They're gonna play some ball and make the owners some money, and that's it.

It's a schtick I've seen before.

Forum List

Back