bush's new book getting him into trouble (admitting to waterboarding)

Explain it to the judge
Can you cite any case law that was decided on the Preamble?

General Welfare is not collecting a check every week or being forced to purchase expensive health insurance or face fines or imprisonment.

This is your claim. It is up to you to prove they are unconstitutional in a court of law

That is the way things work in this country

Marty, you sound like a whiny police chief my brother fired some years ago in our town. We have "the rules" so that we don't become like the bad guys. Bad guys torture their enemies. The bad guys cut their heads off on film. As one commanding officer told his men so long ago, "We don't torture the bad guys when we catch them doing those things, we kill them in combat if we can, and if we capture them, we give them tribunals fair and straight, and then we shoot them.'" You who support torture are no different than the bad guys. You and your kind are from hell. You are not American.

Explain it to the judge

General Welfare is not collecting a check every week or being forced to purchase expensive health insurance or face fines or imprisonment.

This is your claim. It is up to you to prove they are unconstitutional in a court of law

Wrong. Someone else defined general welfare; it wasn't me.

However, you were asked for a Constitutional justification and quoted the preamble. In order for your claim to be correct, you must provide case law that cited the preamble.

Explain it to the judge

Nope...you have to prove that health care law promotes the General Welfare.

Line-item Vetos were declared unconstitutional and so will this be.

Nope, Mudwhistle, the law is considered constitutional until a case in opposition can be made against it. Those attempts are failing, aren't they?

That's what happens when activist liberals bypass the will of the people.

However, you were asked for a Constitutional justification and quoted the preamble. In order for your claim to be correct, you must provide case law that cited the preamble.

Someone else defined general welfare; it wasn't me

Our courts get to decide the constitutionality of our laws...not you

That's what happens when activist wacks on the far right ignore due process and equal protection.

Not at all..those who are claiming the Health Care Law is un-constitutional have to prove their case.

Hasn't happened...never will

amnesty international filed today:

US must begin criminal investigation of torture following Bush admission

Republican congressman: I have ‘no hesitation whatsoever’ in probing Bush for torture:

Republican congressman: I have ‘no hesitation whatsoever’ in probing Bush for torture | Raw Story

Not that a former president will ever be dealt real justice, but making sure his legacy of torture and hatred of the constitution stays alive is the least we can do

if your legal department says that it isn't torture and you authorize it ...

did you break the law .....

if you sent people to another country and they "tortured" people but you "didn't know" what they were doing .....

did you break the law ....

Not at all..those who are claiming the Health Care Law is un-constitutional have to prove their case.

Hasn't happened...never will

making citizens buy health care is as unconstituional as taking a citizens money and using it to build schools and roads in foriegn countries......

It's not only in the preamble..it's under the powers of Congress.

Someone else defined general welfare; it wasn't me

Our courts get to decide the constitutionality of our laws...not you
You're really not paying attention. I suggest you stop quoting the preamble to justify laws.

Republican congressman: I have ‘no hesitation whatsoever’ in probing Bush for torture:

Republican congressman: I have ‘no hesitation whatsoever’ in probing Bush for torture | Raw Story

Not that a former president will ever be dealt real justice, but making sure his legacy of torture and hatred of the constitution stays alive is the least we can do

if you sent people to another country and they "tortured" people but you "didn't know" what they were doing .....

Both are pretty sticky wickets aren't they..

There is no real way that Bush or even Cheney would see any prison time.

But that's not the point. Enacting legislation to make sure these sort of actions never (or are highly unlikely) repeated..is..

It's not only in the preamble..it's under the powers of Congress.

Welfare
welfare n. 1. health, happiness, or prosperity; well-being. [<ME wel faren, to fare well] Source: AHD

Welfare in today's context also means organized efforts on the part of public or private organizations to benefit the poor, or simply public assistance. This is not the meaning of the word as used in the Constitution.

Ooops.

Both are pretty sticky wickets aren't they..

There is no real way that Bush or even Cheney would see any prison time.

But that's not the point. Enacting legislation to make sure these sort of actions never (or are highly unlikely) repeated..is..

agreed....in the four years dems controled congress did they write such legislation....nope....

as i keep saying...both parties are scum...

Forum List

Back