bush's new book getting him into trouble (admitting to waterboarding)

Republicans call Obama the most corrupt president in history.

Republicans deny Obama subpoena power to go after BP who created the biggest disaster in American History.

Republicans apologize to BP because they want the Middle Class to pay.

Obama refuses to prosecute Bush even AFTER Bush admitted to breaking the law.

The new Republicans speaker passed out bribes on the house floor.

Issa charged with car theft when he was nearly 30?

And yet, according to these people, it's OBAMA whose currupt. Go figure.

rushlimbaughsmoke-thumb-5.jpg

rushlimbaughsmoke-thumb-6.jpg

tokyo-4-festival-p-073_3-8.jpg

s0n......find another obsession. Its been years now. Time to move on..........

Shithead doesn't care if he looks stupid...it's what he does best.

T bro........how hated are we right now???:D:D:coffee::funnyface::rock::thewave::rock::banana::banana::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

They can hate us all they wish. We see whom the real nutbergers are...and they tried to project themselves on us...and it didn't work.

The New Congress isn't even seated yet and these people have lost their minds...

It's OK though...our message was clear...as was theirs. Their message was rejected and rightly so.

*No worries*. We are on the correct side...and I don't mean that from a partisan aspect...I mean from the survival of this Republic. ;)

Amnesty International can go fuck themselves. The Waterboarding stopped terror attacks. Works for me.
What stopped the terror attacks are the same things that would have stopped them even before 9/11.

The fact is Usama bin Laden was outspoken long before 9/11 about two things that really had the Islamic world pissed off at the U.S., those being the presence of U.S. troops in Mecca (Saudi Arabia) and U.S. support of Israel's expansion into the Gaza region. He made these grievances emphatically clear during an interview by PBS' John Miller in 1998, when he unequivocally stated that if the U.S. did not rectify those grievances there would be serious consequences. (Excerpt follows.)

(Miller)... "What is the meaning of your call for Muslims to take arms against America in particular, and what is the message that you wish to send to the West in general?"

(bin Laden) "The call to wage war against America was made because America has spear-headed the crusade against the Islamic nation, sending tens of thousands of its troops to the land of the two Holy Mosques over and above its meddling in its affairs and its politics, and its support of the oppressive, corrupt and tyrannical regime that is in control. These are the reasons behind the singling out of America as a target. And not exempt of responsibility are those Western regimes whose presence in the region offers support to the American troops there. We know at least one reason behind the symbolic participation of the Western forces and that is to support the Jewish and Zionist plans for expansion of what is called the Great Israel. Surely, their presence is not out of concern over their interests in the region. ... Their presence has no meaning save one and that is to offer support to the Jews in Palestine who are in need of their Christian brothers to achieve full control over the Arab Peninsula which they intend to make an important part of the so called Greater Israel. ..."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/who/interview.html

The threats were repeated several times during Bush's first year in Office. The warnings included intelligence reports that suspicious Muslims in the U.S. were taking lessons on steering passenger airliners. Bush ignored it all. But shortly after 911 Bush quietly closed the Prince Sultan Airbase in Saudi Arabia, removing all the American military personnel. And he quietly pressured Ariel Sharon to close down the Gaza settlements and evict the settlers, which was done.

That is why the terror attacks stopped. Not waterboarding. The only effect such actions as waterboarding will have is to piss off more fanatics, encourage more attacks against us and ensure that any captured Americans, military or civilian, will be tortured.

Don't forget that we hanged several high-ranking Japanese military officers specifically for the crime of waterboarding. So not only is it against the Geneva Accords, it is we who made it so.

Bush could have prevented 9/11.

Bush should be hanged!

Last edited:
oh hell ya, that intelligence was so sound from Clinton's watch, we had the First World trade center bombing, the USS Cole, Oklahoma bombings.

So I guess Clinton should be HANGED too.

Republicans deny Obama subpoena power to go after BP who created the biggest disaster in American History.

take a breath, it will be ok.:lol:

At least no one can say I'm wrong.

Um, the equal protection clause only applies to those born in the US or naturalized, and subject to the jurestiction therof. Than means citizens.

By common sense a laws apply only to the citizens of a country, or those guests that a country deems worthy by law of protection under said laws. Thats why a NYPD cop cannot arrest someone in London, and a london bobby has no juristiction in NYC. Same reason why the anti-fox hunting laws in england do not apply here.

Again..the Constitution makes no such distinction. None.

Any person in an area under US jusdiction are granted the rights outlined in the United States Constitution. This is an extremely important concept..and isn't one that is new. It allows for free commerce and the exchange of ideas with other nations..and reciprocity.

It's one of the reasons this nation has..and will continue to prosper.

So anyone in the US is allowed to vote? A person here illegally has the right to stay here, just as a citizen does?

For one thing you cannot deport a US citizen. You can deport a foreign national. So by that logic your point is already wrong.

Thanks for playing, drive on through.

Actually..no.

My logic is fine. I keep having a problem with the audience, however.

Read the amendment. This about the right to have access to our courts if you are detained.

Those rights are available to all persons under United States jurisdiction.

Playing text games doesn't make your point any more valid.

Amnesty International can go fuck themselves. The Waterboarding stopped terror attacks. Works for me.
What stopped the terror attacks are the same things that would have stopped them even before 9/11.

The fact is Usama bin Laden was outspoken long before 9/11 about two things that really had the Islamic world pissed off at the U.S., those being the presence of U.S. troops in Mecca (Saudi Arabia) and U.S. support of Israel's expansion into the Gaza region. He made these grievances emphatically clear during an interview by PBS' John Miller in 1998, when he unequivocally stated that if the U.S. did not rectify those grievances there would be serious consequences. (Excerpt follows.)

(Miller)... "What is the meaning of your call for Muslims to take arms against America in particular, and what is the message that you wish to send to the West in general?"

(bin Laden) "The call to wage war against America was made because America has spear-headed the crusade against the Islamic nation, sending tens of thousands of its troops to the land of the two Holy Mosques over and above its meddling in its affairs and its politics, and its support of the oppressive, corrupt and tyrannical regime that is in control. These are the reasons behind the singling out of America as a target. And not exempt of responsibility are those Western regimes whose presence in the region offers support to the American troops there. We know at least one reason behind the symbolic participation of the Western forces and that is to support the Jewish and Zionist plans for expansion of what is called the Great Israel. Surely, their presence is not out of concern over their interests in the region. ... Their presence has no meaning save one and that is to offer support to the Jews in Palestine who are in need of their Christian brothers to achieve full control over the Arab Peninsula which they intend to make an important part of the so called Greater Israel. ..."

frontline: hunting bin laden: who is bin laden?: interview with osama bin laden (in may 1998) | PBS

The threats were repeated several times during Bush's first year in Office. The warnings included intelligence reports that suspicious Muslims in the U.S. were taking lessons on steering passenger airliners. Bush ignored it all. But shortly after 911 Bush quietly closed the Prince Sultan Airbase in Saudi Arabia, removing all the American military personnel. And he quietly pressured Ariel Sharon to close down the Gaza settlements and evict the settlers, which was done.

That is why the terror attacks stopped. Not waterboarding. The only effect such actions as waterboarding will have is to piss off more fanatics, encourage more attacks against us and ensure that any captured Americans, military or civilian, will be tortured.

Don't forget that we hanged several high-ranking Japanese military officers specifically for the crime of waterboarding. So not only is it against the Geneva Accords, it is we who made it so.

Bush should be hanged!

what we have here folks is bonafide 911 truther.:cuckoo:

take a breath, it will be ok.:lol:

At least no one can say I'm wrong.

I think people just got tired of REPEATING it all time.:lol:

Again..the Constitution makes no such distinction. None.

Any person in an area under US jusdiction are granted the rights outlined in the United States Constitution. This is an extremely important concept..and isn't one that is new. It allows for free commerce and the exchange of ideas with other nations..and reciprocity.

It's one of the reasons this nation has..and will continue to prosper.

So anyone in the US is allowed to vote? A person here illegally has the right to stay here, just as a citizen does?

For one thing you cannot deport a US citizen. You can deport a foreign national. So by that logic your point is already wrong.

Actually..no.

Read the amendment. This about the right to have access to our courts if you are detained.

I swear its like you are trying to force a square peg into a hole the size of a needle. That right is for citizens, and whoever else the goverment deems it. When you enter another country the only reason you are covered under thier laws is that they let it happen that way. As such, if extended they can be taken away.

In the case of the waterboarding, the people were declared enemy combatants and therefore had no legal rights as citizens, guests, or combatants in a legitamate conflcit.

lets look at WWII as an example. When we broght German POW's over here they were not subject to civil courts or laws. they were covered under Military laws (not in the constitution, but not banned either) as well as the geneva conventions and could not sue in civillian courts.

And remember, going the route of "the people who dont agree with me dont comprehend (i.e. are idiots) is the primordial oooze of debating. Practice a little more then come back

Each time I punch a hole in your argument, and instead of countering you just reguritate what you think is the right answer.

frontline: hunting bin laden: who is bin laden?: interview with osama bin laden (in may 1998) | PBS

Bush should be hanged!

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-19.jpg

President Bush's main problem is the same problem most conservatives have..

They've never really read the United States Constitution.

yeah...that's only a conservative problem...like every liberal has read it. I'm sure they have read it about as well as they read the healthcare bill. Which now that they have looked into it, some are very concerned. Too bad they didn't do their job BEFORE voting.

yeah...that's only a conservative problem...like every liberal has read it. I'm sure they have read it about as well as they read the healthcare bill. Which now that they have looked into it, some are very concerned. Too bad they didn't do their job BEFORE voting.
Of course liberals read it. If they hadn't, they wouldn't be able to violate it so consistently.

Actually..no.

I swear its like you are trying to force a square peg into a hole the size of a needle. That right is for citizens, and whoever else the goverment deems it. When you enter another country the only reason you are covered under thier laws is that they let it happen that way. As such, if extended they can be taken away.

In the case of the waterboarding, the people were declared enemy combatants and therefore had no legal rights as citizens, guests, or combatants in a legitamate conflcit.

lets look at WWII as an example. When we broght German POW's over here they were not subject to civil courts or laws. they were covered under Military laws (not in the constitution, but not banned either) as well as the geneva conventions and could not sue in civillian courts.

And remember, going the route of "the people who dont agree with me dont comprehend (i.e. are idiots) is the primordial oooze of debating. Practice a little more then come back

Each time I punch a hole in your argument, and instead of countering you just reguritate what you think is the right answer.

You didn't punch a hole in anything. Using your "examples" without any references to actual history doesn't really help your argument much.

This government (and I mean the US government in general), had done lots of things that they think are legal at the time, but careful examination shows it was not. Such as not treating people with syphillis when you tell them you are, or infecting people from other countries with STDs. Even during WWII..Japanese internment was found to be wrong. And I do remember reading about Germans brought to the United States..and from what I understand they were treated pretty well. This was an effot to get them to "turn" or to get information.

I posted the Amendment. It was pretty clear and not hard to understand. What the Bush administration did was not only wrong..but completely wrong. But the wheels of justice are extremely slow in this country..but for the most part..they seem to get it right in the end.

Last edited:

What about the "healthcare" bill, violates the Constitution?

I wonder what Sallow's favorite part of the constitution is? Since Sallow has apparently read the entire document, I'd be interested to know if there is any part other than the standards that was most informing. I am willing to bet that Sallow wasn't able to read the part where the government has the power to require Americans to purchase a service from a private business or be fined.

What about the "healthcare" bill, violates the Constitution?

Apparently you haven't read either one.

TxLongHorn may have read the Constitution, but the above comments reveal that he is clearly stuck in 1791. Let's move on.

Actually..no.

You didn't punch a hole in anything. Using your "examples" without any references to actual history doesn't really help your argument much.

This government (and I mean the US government in general), had done lots of things that they think are legal at the time, but careful examination shows it was not. Such as not treating people with syphillis when you tell them you are, or infecting people from other countries with STDs. Even during WWII..Japanese internment was found to be wrong. And I do remember reading about Germans brought to the United States..and from what I understand they were treated pretty well. This was an effot to get them to "turn" or to get information.

I posted the Amendment. It was pretty clear and not hard to understand. What the Bush administration did was not only wrong..but completely wrong. But the wheels of justice are extremely slow in this country..but for the most part..they seem to get it right in the end.

So many words so little content. I againn refute your position, and you do not answer directly why my position is wrong. all you do is point to the document, imply what you WANT it to say, not what it actually says and then go off on a tangent.

Lets get back to the start of this thread. If what bush did was illegal, FIND A WAY TO PUT HIM ON TRIAL. if not, you lose.

Marty, you refuted nothing. What you did was give an inaccurate assertion as to a person's standing applicable to law. You are flatly wrong.

Forum List

Back