bush's new book getting him into trouble (admitting to waterboarding)

First of all abu-gharib was not what we are discussing. That was a bunch of assholes violating army regulations, and they were punished, and thier superiors were punished. I love when people try association tricks. We are talking about the mandated use of coercive interrogation on a select few leaders of a terrorist organization operating outside the rules of warfare.

And just because you got one point of info by not using intensive techniques, doesnt mean you will never get more information by using them.

Petreus is following the line an army commander has to follow. His concern is his own troops, not intelligence gathering. Thats why you leave the wet work to the CIA. thats what they are there for.

You were the one who went off on the tangent. But the torture they used in Iraq was systematic and was used at more than one prison.

So what. You progressive hypocrits have been torturing us for decades.

Ah man.....so have the pseudo-cons who think they are funny or witty......

Nope. The only case is that people who support waterboarding of suspected terrorist support torturing suspected terrorist, period.
"Torture". Do you think Amnesty International should investigate our military for waterboarding our own troops who are waterboarded as part of SERE training?

If you want to be consistent, you do.

Troops undergoing training are not being tortured for information or punishment.
Ahhh...so you support torture for certain purposes.

I guess consistency was a little too much to expect.

Well the President then was in fact out of his mind at the time. But that doesn't mean it was itiotic to sign these conventions. Without a Security Counsel resolution the UN is powerless. And since we have Veto power over the SC it is not likely that the UN will act against us anytime soon

FBI agent 'got valuable information without torture'

FBI agent 'got valuable information without torture' - Telegraph

"...a general you may have heard of named David Petraeus — he’s the commander of U.S. forces in the Middle East and South Asia and is the most distinguished Army general since Colin Powell — graced your television. He was asked about whether the U.S. ought to torture Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, the deputy commander of the Taliban, recently captured in Pakistan. “I have always been on record, in fact since 2003, with the concept of living our values,” Petraeus replied. Every time the U.S. took what he called “expedient measures” around the Geneva Conventions, those deviations just “turned around and bitten us on our backside.” The effect of torture at Abu Ghraib is “non-biodegradable,” he continued, and boasted that as commander of the 101st Airborne in Iraq, he ordered his men to ignore any instruction to use techniques outside the Army Field Manual on Interrogations. Besides, the non-torture techniques that manual has long instructed? “That works,” he said. “That is our experience.”

An Open Letter to Liz Cheney on Torture The Washington Independent

Oh, I sleep just fine at night.

First of all abu-gharib was not what we are discussing. That was a bunch of assholes violating army regulations, and they were punished, and thier superiors were punished. I love when people try association tricks. We are talking about the mandated use of coercive interrogation on a select few leaders of a terrorist organization operating outside the rules of warfare.

And just because you got one point of info by not using intensive techniques, doesnt mean you will never get more information by using them.

Petreus is following the line an army commander has to follow. His concern is his own troops, not intelligence gathering. Thats why you leave the wet work to the CIA. thats what they are there for.

You were the one who went off on the tangent. But the torture they used in Iraq was systematic and was used at more than one prison.

The thread is about Bush revealing he approved waterboarding for information extraction, and the debate was about that order and the use of waterboarding on certain captives.

WTF does this have to do with abu-gharib?

Because the discussion on the OP developed into a larger discussion of torture by and against Americans.

Um, the equal protection clause only applies to those born in the US or naturalized, and subject to the jurestiction therof. Than means citizens.

By common sense a laws apply only to the citizens of a country, or those guests that a country deems worthy by law of protection under said laws. Thats why a NYPD cop cannot arrest someone in London, and a london bobby has no juristiction in NYC. Same reason why the anti-fox hunting laws in england do not apply here.

Why is Obama is desperately trying to try KSM on US soil? Because they can argue that once he crosses the border he is afforded protections under the Constitution. That was the reason for all of this flap over GITMO. They wanted to bring all of them here so they would have our rights.

yes and speaking to that what the heck is going on with the KSM trial anyway? whats " O " waiting for? 2013?

They seem to be waiting for the right moment to spring it on us.

thread is fcukking awesome....................

takes me back to the days a few years ago when every liberal k00k on this forum was gauranteeing both impeachment and jail for Bush and Cheney!!!

Ummmmm.............Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooops!!!!

Of course you knew one of the USMESSAGEBOARD mental cases would come up with this stroke of genius following the epic drubbing taken by the left last week.

Only the internet k00ks will be holding their breaths again:D:lmao::funnyface::coffee::boobies::boobies::funnyface::lmao::blowup:

You concern for terrorists is touching, but they still want you dead. Luckily, there are brave men and women who will protect you from them.

Yes, how touching you can justify torture, murder & rape of innocent human beings who are chained & detained, by war criminals. You are such a hero Dudley..........

Again,................... So you agree that people who murder other people should be tortured?

I think they should be buried up to their heads and the victims' families allowed to take out their anger on them till they pass away from this world.

With aluminum baseball bats.

cbf352a08beab132c1f406f9e4239d43-getty-97756616sd003_oakland_athle.jpg

Because the discussion on the OP developed into a larger discussion of torture by and against Americans.

The cons can hand this debate off to Alan Dershowitz and HE can explain in terms libs can comprehend.

I'm sure every lib is a legal scholar. Every one of them.

That is a second major for all Liberals. Wonder why the Returds are afraid to include all the torture and deaths and rapes that took place?

takes me back to the days a few years ago when every liberal k00k on this forum was gauranteeing both impeachment and jail for Bush and Cheney!!!

Of course you knew one of the USMESSAGEBOARD mental cases would come up with this stroke of genius following the epic drubbing taken by the left last week.

Only the internet k00ks will be holding their breaths again:D:lmao::funnyface::coffee::boobies::boobies::funnyface::lmao::blowup:

I see you are too fucking stupid to come up with your own distraction after the T-Party kicked your ass onto the pavement. Sure fucked you republicans. LMAO!!!!:lol::lol:

The cons can hand this debate off to Alan Dershowitz and HE can explain in terms libs can comprehend.

I'm sure every lib is a legal scholar. Every one of them.

That is a second major for all Liberals. Wonder why the Returds are afraid to include all the torture and deaths and rapes that took place?

tokyo-4-festival-p-073_3-8.jpg

s0n......find another obsession. Its been years now. Time to move on..........

I see you are too fucking stupid to come up with your own distraction after the T-Party kicked your ass onto the pavement. Sure fucked you republicans. LMAO!!!!:lol::lol:

yeah.........I guess flipping 682 state legislators and 62 House seats really blew the big one for us Tea Party losers!!! Too........holding the House now for a full 10 years is going to suck too...........

oh........ps..................

cheney2-3.jpg

cheney2-3.jpg

w0w...........

check oout some of these posts by the fcukking k00ks??

I told you they were fcukking miserable as shit. Who knew just two years ago, conservatives would be having such a flaming hoot of a time around here? Certainly not me...........even I didnt think they could shoot themselves in the face this bad!!!

Republicans call Obama the most corrupt president in history.

Republicans deny Obama subpoena power to go after BP who created the biggest disaster in American History.

Republicans apologize to BP because they want the Middle Class to pay.

Obama refuses to prosecute Bush even AFTER Bush admitted to breaking the law.

The new Republicans speaker passed out bribes on the house floor.

Issa charged with car theft when he was nearly 30?

And yet, according to these people, it's OBAMA whose currupt. Go figure.

Republicans call Obama the most corrupt president in history.

Republicans deny Obama subpoena power to go after BP who created the biggest disaster in American History.

Republicans apologize to BP because they want the Middle Class to pay.

Obama refuses to prosecute Bush even AFTER Bush admitted to breaking the law.

The new Republicans speaker passed out bribes on the house floor.

Issa charged with car theft when he was nearly 30?

And yet, according to these people, it's OBAMA whose currupt. Go figure.

take a breath, it will be ok.:lol:

Forum List

Back