A possible suggestion for a Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, New York Prsditential vote pact.

This type of pact is:

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad (please give a reason)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ironic (and hypocritical maybe) that Trump and many conservatives bemoan the way Harris has gotten the Democratic nomination.
Not really. Political parties can nominate their candidates however they want.
The point Republicans make is that no one who identifies as a Democrat chose Harris when she ran for the nomination, and now they believe she's the best thing since partial birth abortion.

Not really. Political parties can nominate their candidates however they want.
The point Republicans make is that no one who identifies as a Democrat chose Harris when she ran for the nomination, and now they believe she's the best thing since partial birth abortion.
Quite untrue. EVERYONE who chose Harris when she ran for the nomination was a Democrat. From Biden to the delegates chosen in the primary by the primary voters. Everyone of them are Democrats.

I have looked at
(Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina) v New York Presidential vote.

Added together each has 29 votes.

On the 2016 and 2020 Presidential the three republican states voted Red as much as New York voted Blue...

How about a voting pact for Presidential Elections. Instead of winner takes all they take a share the electoral vote as corresponds to the share of vote they take in each state (rounding would apply).

Why? This would mean the four states above would not be taken for granted. Presidential candidates would have to campaign there. It wouldn't make them swing states but at present they have zero influence in the race, zero influence means you get nothing.

I think the winners here would be the voters (not by much but better than zero which they have today).

Just a thought, this is as non partisan as it gets, so could you not descend into a mudslinging match. There are advantages and disadvantages but neither are Red v Blue.
One of the Prog named newcomers here that mowed the apartment lawn had some attitude today as he was banging gates, a stare down and stayed in the rest room for over a half hour as I was in the pool exercising my old painful bones. However, I always give people the benefit of the doubt until proven differently. People do not have good days.

Forum List

Back