CA Dem Gov. Newsom Lashes Out At Trump, GOP For Not Helping Solve California’s Homeless Crisis

For one..........who cares..............because they created this mess...

And he denies that Hud isn't doing anything already.....which is garbage.

The homeless problem is multi-pronged. I have been working in the community with the homeless for several years.

Most of the homeless people I encounter have mental illness and/or a drug and alcohol addiction.

Our treatment, or lack thereof, of the mentally ill is a national disgrace.

And the assholes at the pharmaceutical companies who created this opioid epidemic should all be in prison.

Another prong in the homeless situation is the lack of housing. Liberal states, in particular, with their restrictive zoning laws, are creating a serious housing shortage.

I have been working with one particular homeless man for a long time. One night, he was having a serious psychotic break. So I called 9-1-1.

Instead of an ambulance, they sent the police. And then the police blew him off because they knew him and that he was homeless.

The nature of this guy's schizophrenia is such that he believes cars in traffic are out to kill him. He also hallucinates people with axes chasing him. This guy literally runs out into traffic and points his finger at oncoming vehicles.

None of this is drug induced. His brain snapped when he was brutally raped by his wrestling coach as a teenager.

I warned the police that he was going to hurt someone if he didn't get the institutionalization he clearly needs. They ignored me.

Well, a few weeks ago, he attacked a teenaged boy and hurt him pretty badly. Now the entire community is out for his blood.

He turned himself in to the police, and he was let go a day later! He's back on the street, as sick as ever.

It's just a matter of time before the cops shoot him in the street like a dog.

Words cannot express the frustration I feel about the mental health care desert.

Why does everyone else have to help bailout the Leftards from the mess they created?

Repeal all of your Leftard laws and regulations that caused the mess first, then we can talk.

Gov. Gavin Newsom Lashes out at Trump, GOP for Not Helping Solve California’s Homeless Crisis - AIR.TV

Why is it Trump's job, to solve California state's problem?

And wasn't there a huge "we're going to secede from the union" movement in California? Didn't lefties say "Not my president"?

I have been working with one particular homeless man for a long time. One night, he was having a serious psychotic break. So I called 9-1-1.

Instead of an ambulance, they sent the police. And then the police blew him off because they knew him and that he was homeless.

The nature of this guy's schizophrenia is such that he believes cars in traffic are out to kill him. He also hallucinates people with axes chasing him. This guy literally runs out into traffic and points his finger at oncoming vehicles.

None of this is drug induced. His brain snapped when he was brutally raped by his wrestling coach as a teenager.

I warned the police that he was going to hurt someone if he didn't get the institutionalization he clearly needs. They ignored me.

Well, a few weeks ago, he attacked a teenaged boy and hurt him pretty badly. Now the entire community is out for his blood.

He turned himself in to the police, and he was let go a day later! He's back on the street, as sick as ever.

Words cannot express the frustration I feel about the mental health care desert.

Sounds like we're dealing with leftist judges here.

The homeless problem is multi-pronged. I have been working in the community with the homeless for several years.

Most of the homeless people I encounter have mental illness and/or a drug and alcohol addiction.

And the assholes at the pharmaceutical companies who created this opioid epidemic should all be in prison.

Another prong in the homeless situation is the lack of housing. Liberal states, in particular, with their restrictive zoning laws, are creating a serious housing shortage.

Why is it a national disgrace? Since when am I responsible for people I don't know, in states I don't live in?

It's your disgrace. You deal with it.

About the psyche homeless people. Many decades ago I worked in a psyche hospital that had about 500 patients. It also had about 500 employees total. Most tax funded psyche hospitals had about the same ratio until they were closed. Mental Health hospitals are not cheap. That is an issue. Unfortunately violent psyche homeless people are in the streets also.

Remember that when people say the government fixes things and cares about people.

It's refreshing to read a progressive criticize a progressive policy. Well done.

Bastards of big pharma:

FDA Approves Ebola Vaccine With 100% Effectiveness.

Democrats are really poor at problem solving and critical thinking. That's why they always want someone else to solve their problems.

Forum List

Back