CA Governor Brown pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
This is sure to anger Trumpflakes :)

Gov. Jerry Brown outlined a $2.5 billion plan Friday to help Californians buy electric vehicles and expand a network of charging stations as part of a goal of getting 5 million zero-emission cars on the road by 2030.

The ambitious proposal to transform California's car culture comes as Brown begins his final year in office and works to set the stage for his environmental legacy to continue under his successor. The Democratic governor has positioned California as a global leader in fighting climate change amid President Donald Trump's decision to pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate accord.​

California governor pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

Gov. Jerry Brown outlined a $2.5 billion plan Friday to help Californians buy electric vehicles and expand a network of charging stations as part of a goal of getting 5 million zero-emission cars on the road by 2030.

The ambitious proposal to transform California's car culture comes as Brown begins his final year in office and works to set the stage for his environmental legacy to continue under his successor. The Democratic governor has positioned California as a global leader in fighting climate change amid President Donald Trump's decision to pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate accord.​

So all that electricity is produced with zero emissions? Go Moonbeam Go!

It pays to read before you respond. Do you need a children's picture book like POTUS? :)

The state has successfully reduced emissions from power plants thanks to the widespread adoption of wind, solar and hydroelectricity, but pollution from transportation has inched up.

Brown proposes using money from a mixture of existing programs at the California Energy Commission and the state's cap-and-trade program, which caps pollution levels and auctions off permits to pollute.​

/----/ Why would that anger us? It's a free country (Libs are trying to change that of course) and people are free to buy an electric if they want. I'd consider one if it was practical for my driving habits. If California wants to mandate it it's a state rights decision. You're trying to make something out of nothing.

So, Doc...do you drive a plug-in electric car? If not, why not?

Not at present my friend - but I only put 3,000 miles per year on my truck, which is almost ten years old with less than 30k on it. Don't commute - work out of home office. Everything (including my gym and 90% of my shopping) is within a 2 miles of my home.

But when I buy another car it'll be this one.

ext

/----/ Why would that anger us? It's a free country (Libs are trying to change that of course) and people are free to buy an electric if they want. I'd consider one if it was practical for my driving habits. If California wants to mandate it it's a state rights decision. You're trying to make something out of nothing.

Oh c'mon - Literally anything involving California or Jerry Brown drives most RW nuts around here crazy. :wink:

Not at present my friend - but I only put 3,000 miles per year on my truck, which is almost ten years old with less than 30k on it. Don't commute - work out of home office. Everything (including my gym and 90% of my shopping) is within a 2 miles of my home.

ext
Horse shit.

It pays to read before you respond. Do you need a children's picture book like POTUS? :)

The state has successfully reduced emissions from power plants thanks to the widespread adoption of wind, solar and hydroelectricity, but pollution from transportation has inched up.

Brown proposes using money from a mixture of existing programs at the California Energy Commission and the state's cap-and-trade program, which caps pollution levels and auctions off permits to pollute.​
It also good to pay attention to the title of your thread. “Zero emission cars”!

It also good to pay attention to the title of your thread. “Zero emission cars”!

Right - so you understand that these charging stations will go in with solar panels yes?

It's just like maintenance free vinyl siding...But there is no such animal that has zero emissions..

ext
Horse shit.

Whoa there cowboy - what are you questioning exactly -- Need a photograph of my odometer and redacted copy of my registration?

ext
Horse shit.

Whoa there cowboy - what are you questioning exactly -- Need a photograph of my odometer and redacted copy of my registration?

I simply do not believe you will drop $80,000+ on a vehicle you barely drive!

Forum List

Back