Calif Dems Inact Law Requiring IMDb to Remove Actors Age Upon Request

It kind of makes sense. If I go to a place to post my resume it should be illegal for them to post my age.

It kind of makes sense. If I go to a place to post my resume it should be illegal for them to post my age.

People post resumes on IMDB?

I can understand it for minors, but I seriously doubt casting directors use IMDB to check an actors age

I'm not for the surplus of laws we have. But this one does bother me as much as others. But is it California's juridstiction? This seems like a federal matter.

I'm not for the surplus of laws we have. But this one does bother me as much as others. But is it California's juridstiction? This seems like a federal matter.
Democrats love making information on the internet illegal - unless it's Hillary putting Top Secret information for all to see.
Top secret old baloney, rated by over zealous douchebags...

Why would someone buy a paid subscription to post resume information with the site, if they don't like the information that the site posts with their resume?

I can understand it for minors, but I seriously doubt casting directors use IMDB to check an actors age

From IMDb:
How much does using IMDb cost?
If you work in the entertainment industry, you can probably find even more useful information at our subscription site, IMDbPro (www.IMDbPro.com), an expanded version of IMDb offering additional features specifically aimed towards film industry professionals, including the ability to post an extended resume, photos and demo reels. A paid subscription is required for ongoing use of IMDbPro, but you can get a free trialif you want to try it out first.

It's the same company, employment ageism is no less real in hollywood as it is anywhere else. I don't know if I'm totally on board, I can understand the reason behind without pretending this is some lefty pinko authoritarian move by Democrats.

I guess bad acting goes on outside of Hollywood too.

From IMDb:
If you work in the entertainment industry, you can probably find even more useful information at our subscription site, IMDbPro (www.IMDbPro.com), an expanded version of IMDb offering additional features specifically aimed towards film industry professionals, including the ability to post an extended resume, photos and demo reels. A paid subscription is required for ongoing use of IMDbPro, but you can get a free trialif you want to try it out first.

It's the same company, employment ageism is no less real in hollywood as it is anywhere else. I don't know if I'm totally on board, I can understand the reason behind without pretending this is some lefty pinko authoritarian move by Democrats.

Issue is everyone has their birthdate on it. It's all about fascists protecting their bubble worlds.
Sean Connery - IMDb

From IMDb:

Issue is everyone has their birthdate on it. It's all about fascists protecting their bubble worlds.
Sean Connery - IMDb

Not fascists. That's ridiculous.

I think this is an interesting dilemma. Many employers are very careful with how they handle age. It's illegal to discriminate against someone due to their age however it's not illegal for a perspective employer to ask for your birth date so they can run a background check on you. I believe that's usually handled outside of the interviewer's domain.

Ultimately I don't think this law is workable nor do I think it gets to the core of why older female actresses careers slow down while their male counterparts continue on.

From IMDb:

Sean Connery - IMDb

I think this is an interesting dilemma. Many employers are very careful with how they handle age. It's illegal to discriminate against someone due to their age however it's not illegal for a perspective employer to ask for your birth date so they can run a background check on you. I believe that's usually handled outside of the interviewer's domain.

Ultimately I don't think this law is workable nor do I think it gets to the core of why older female actresses careers slow down while their male counterparts continue on.
Public figures putting people in jail for divulging their birthdays? Fascists.
It's typical Democrats. Now billions of dollars of tax payer money will be spent on lawyers and prosecutions.

From IMDb:

Sean Connery - IMDb

older actresses careers slow down because when it comes to the titty shots, people want to see face and titty, not toe and titty. its more a gravitational issue than a chronilogical one.

From IMDb:

Sean Connery - IMDb

older actresses careers slow down because when it comes to the titty shots, people want to see face and titty, not toe and titty. its more a gravitational issue than a chronilogical one.

Yeah, I was alluding to something close to that. Though I would say it's that the American public does not care much about stories of elderly women and the concern for studios to satisfy those target demographics.

Forum List

Back