California 2nd Worst in U.S. on Economic Freedom

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
Tejas
California Ranks Second Worst in U.S. on Economic Freedom Index - California Political Review

““California’s lack of economic freedom helped motivate more than 10,000 businesses to leave the Golden State, reduce operations, or expand elsewhere during the past seven years,” said Dr. Lawrence J. McQuillan, Senior Fellow and Director of the Independent Institute’s Center on Entrepreneurial Innovation. Census data show that 3.5 million people left California for greener pastures from 2010 to 2015."

And they are going where?

6xn1UD.gif

White flight, 3 more years I'll be in Utah
Wife is from Salt Lake area (Magna and West Jordan). Lots of good camping/hicking but the job market kind of sucks and the local government is dominated by the LDS Church (which could be good or bad for you, depending on your perspective). I would do Idaho or Wyoming if I were leaving Texas.

yep unless you have your own home based business,best not to live in california.

California, like New York, is a good example of what unlimited government looks like.

However if you are a CA state employee, things are great. The state government must tax their citizens heavily so that state employees are well paid and with lots of benefits.

White flight, 3 more years I'll be in Utah
Wife is from Salt Lake area (Magna and West Jordan). Lots of good camping/hicking but the job market kind of sucks and the local government is dominated by the LDS Church (which could be good or bad for you, depending on your perspective). I would do Idaho or Wyoming if I were leaving Texas.

Wyoming because you will find Idaho is infested with California liberals. California liberals want nothing to do with Wyoming outside of Jackson Hole.

California, like New York, is a good example of what unlimited government looks like.

However if you are a CA state employee, things are great. The state government must tax their citizens heavily so that state employees are well paid and with lots of benefits.

I think you meant to say, what government corruption looks like. I can't speak for California but New York is corrupt to the core.

I think you meant to say, what government corruption looks like. I can't speak for California but New York is corrupt to the core.
Unlimited government and corruption go hand-in-hand.

With the exception of a couple states, the majority of worst economic freedom states have one thing in common.

Any guesses?

Unlimited government and corruption go hand-in-hand.

Yes that is why the Potus lives there.

With the exception of a couple states, the majority of worst economic freedom states have one thing in common.

Any guesses?
Hmmmm....lets see..... could it be ummm.....what is it.....ummmmm.....I know this , I know I do.....it's got something to do with ah....pumpkins..no that's stupid....it's uhmmmm... I know it....oh yeah oh yeah DEMOCRATS!

And JGalt, under the new tax deal it will only get worse for the high rollers in the blue states. Trump has put it right in their booty!

California decided it was tired of women bleeding to death in childbirth

The maternal mortality rate in the state is a third of the American average. Here's why.

California has managed to buck America’s grim maternal death trend

In the US, childbirth has been growing more dangerous recently. Maternal mortality — defined as the death of a mother from pregnancy-related complications while she’s carrying or within 42 days after birth — in the US soared by 27 percent, from 19 per 100,000 to 24 per 100,000, between 2000 and 2014.

That’s more than three times the rate of the United Kingdom, and about eight times the rates of Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden, according to the OECD.

By Julia Belluz@juliaoftoronto[email protected] Jun 29, 2017, 9:20am EDT

California decided it was tired of women bleeding to death in childbirth
-----------------------------------
and TEXAS is the worst.

Any guesses?
Hmmmm....lets see..... could it be ummm.....what is it.....ummmmm.....I know this , I know I do.....it's got something to do with ah....pumpkins..no that's stupid....it's uhmmmm... I know it....oh yeah oh yeah DEMOCRATS!

12893-620x-THATS_A_BINGO.jpg

Yes the corps are going to the cheap states that will not expand Medicaid and have the min wage in place,

AKA Republican states.

California Ranks Second Worst in U.S. on Economic Freedom Index - California Political Review

““California’s lack of economic freedom helped motivate more than 10,000 businesses to leave the Golden State, reduce operations, or expand elsewhere during the past seven years,” said Dr. Lawrence J. McQuillan, Senior Fellow and Director of the Independent Institute’s Center on Entrepreneurial Innovation. Census data show that 3.5 million people left California for greener pastures from 2010 to 2015."

And they are going where?

6xn1UD.gif

So should they be inside the border, or outside?

Imagine what California could do if the state government got out of the way and unleashed their economy

You mean Arnold and Reagan, they both bankrupted CA. Arnold big time.

It's been half a century since Reagan was governor. He left the State in good financial situation.

Arnold was elected during a recall election because the prior administration already bankrupted the state. He went on to be mediocre governor but never had the votes or political will to cut California taxes and overregulation

Forum List

Back