California Again Leads the Way - Allows "Willful Defiance" in Schools

Good to see that our never-ending quest to lower standards and expectations is proceeding well.

Good to see that our never-ending quest to lower standards and expectations is proceeding well.
this is just a surrender. of course this is NOT to say that teachers commands should be blindly followed, but this is just an open door to stupid with neon signs saying JUMP FOOL.

this is just a surrender. of course this is NOT to say that teachers commands should be blindly followed, but this is just an open door to stupid with neon signs saying JUMP FOOL.
We somehow haven't figured out that when you normalize bad behavior, you're inviting more of it.

There are too many examples to count, at this point.

We're doing this to ourselves, and there's no sign that we're learning anything.

We somehow haven't figured out that when you normalize bad behavior, you're inviting more of it.

There are too many examples to count, at this point.

We're doing this to ourselves, and there's no sign that we're learning anything.

The real sad thing is that the people that support things like this really think they are helping the kids.

Just like people who support the homeless taking over parks or subway cars think that helps them.

Meh. My niece's half-sister has been diagnosed with something they call Oppositional Defiance Disorder which makes her officially a brat I guess. It is the freaking drugs. They diagnose you with something and give you a pill. That pill has a side-effect, so they add a second diagnosis and another pill. The first two pills together have a side-effect, so they rinse and repeat and repeat and repeat. Seems like every few months since her original ADD diagnosis they add on something and yet another pill without ever taking away any of the other pills.

Meh. My niece's half-sister has been diagnosed with something they call Oppositional Defiance Disorder which makes her officially a brat I guess. It is the freaking drugs. They diagnose you with something and give you a pill. That pill has a side-effect, so they add a second diagnosis and another pill. The first two pills together have a side-effect, so they rinse and repeat and repeat and repeat. Seems like every few months since her original ADD diagnosis they add on something and yet another pill without ever taking away any of the other pills.
to me - it's all this medication on people that has caused a lot of our issues. how come we never needed these "drugs" 30+ years ago and we did just fine? now that we do that as a form of raising kids, we see a lot more problems from behavior to school shootings.

The education system has been in the sewer for a long time, and I know this for a fact. In the 90's my wife was a substitute teacher in Fort Worth. She always got assigned to the worst kids she said. When going through training for the job she was told that she was not allowed to discipline them, not allowed to tell them to do something, not allowed to touch them, not allowed to make them do ANYTHING. In gym class she went to the office and reported several kids making out in the bleachers and was told to ignore them no matter what they did. One day she accidentally touched a little bastard by brushing her arm against him and he jumped up and started screaming child abuse non stop. One of the admins came down and investigated and told her to be more careful because she could lose her job if it happened again. Wonder what's wrong with the losers being turned out today? Filthy liberal scum creating the environment where no learning is allowed and no discipline is tolerated.

As part of the new bill, superintendents or principals would be asked to provide alternatives to suspension or expulsion that are “age appropriate and designed to address and correct the pupil’s specific misbehavior.”

The education system has been in the sewer for a long time, and I know this for a fact. In the 90's my wife was a substitute teacher in Fort Worth. She always got assigned to the worst kids she said. When going through training for the job she was told that she was not allowed to discipline them, not allowed to tell them to do something, not allowed to touch them, not allowed to make them do ANYTHING. In gym class she went to the office and reported several kids making out in the bleachers and was told to ignore them no matter what they did. One day she accidentally touched a little bastard by brushing her arm against him and he jumped up and started screaming child abuse non stop. One of the admins came down and investigated and told her to be more careful because she could lose her job if it happened again. Wonder what's wrong with the losers being turned out today? Filthy liberal scum creating the environment where no learning is allowed and no discipline is tolerated.
When we were in school we made out in the hallways, bleachers, cars just wherever but never in class..and we had a smoking area, guess what we were ok kids..

As part of the new bill, superintendents or principals would be asked to provide alternatives to suspension or expulsion that are “age appropriate and designed to address and correct the pupil’s specific misbehavior.”
Nikolas Cruz.

They never said they will not be disciplined..

This works.

68.media_.tumblr.com-tumblr_msxknj9K8q1szisbjo2_250.gif

to me - it's all this medication on people that has caused a lot of our issues. how come we never needed these "drugs" 30+ years ago and we did just fine? now that we do that as a form of raising kids, we see a lot more problems from behavior to school shootings.

We're pushing harder and harder to make school mean "sit down and shut up", when children of school age naturally want to do the opposite.

We had paddling up until 12th grade. :dunno:

Also they restricted guns to 2 per vehicle in the student parking lot.

When I was in school, we had the alternatives to suspension and expulsion for this kind of thing.

The nuns in grade school as well as the brothers in high school were well versed in the Art of Brutality to get errant children back in line.

It worked actually VERY well and the academic performance of the school well exceeded anything that the local government schools could do.

----------------------------- thanks but funny , its all BS Moonglow .

My principal was so ..disciplinarian..one time she got onto this pretty blonde girl, and the girl fainted dead away. She did not play. I never came under her scrutiny. Maybe once, and I thought she was gonna rip my ear off. I'm talking open-palm ruler whacks. Yeah, the way school should be.

Forum List

Back