California Bullet Train is going to be over budget. Who knew, besides anyone with a brain.

images

So long as the people who are using them are paying the full costs to maintain and operate them, this means no subsidies, then they can build all they want.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Damn.. So when I never need to get from Bakersfield to Merced REAL QUICK --- I still won't be able to???

Bummer... Bakersfield to Merced is the part of train ride from LA to SanFran that is the SCENIC part. Rather take my time on that stretch, than the 1/2 day it will take for the OTHER 1/3 of trip thru not so scenic LA and SF.

Building a train set when they SHOULD be drilling water wells.

Mass transportation and water supply infrastructure are two different things.

Both are important, however, neither can happen if no one pays taxes.

Issue out there is not PAYING the taxes. Everything is free. The people say that with every bond issue they vote on. Never seen many defeated. The legislature has no accountibility for finances anymore.

Same aftermath on every bond issue out there. Promise the voters a pony --- spend the pony money at the horse track and deliver them a stuffed race horse from the gift shop... But the kids still love their daddy...

Security will be an issue that they probably didn't understand at the time or kept hidden. Standardized trains have fail safe mechanisms that have time to slow or stop the thing but a bullet train in an era of jihadist terrorism is a disaster waiting to happen unless there is ongoing and constant expensive security.

Man I think it'll be great ! MTS Rapidisima ! Mezkin Transport Services.
Transporting Mezkinz from Tijuana to Seattle in 3 hours flat.
I hope they arrange spoilers so the Mezkins on the roof won't affect the drag coefficient.
article-2317485-198EE477000005DC-53_636x389.jpg

Last edited:
A fascinating article that contains HOW MANY opinions of whether or not the project will go overtime/over budget?
Oh, you missed all of the OTHER opinions.
And who exactly made the estimate in the first place.
I don't know one person in my neighbor who can estimate the cost of a WEDDING, let alone constructing a new house.

It's about damn time we get a bullet train. It's an embarrassment how many countries have them and we don't.

Yeah, that's a reason to have them.

I can't deny that logic is ironclad.
As long as the oil companies keep up their payments to Congress. Looks like it's making progress as with alternative fuels.

I'm sure you'll explain how that says anything about my challenging OldFart's claim we need one because everyone has one.

images

So long as the people who are using them are paying the full costs to maintain and operate them, this means no subsidies, then they can build all they want.

*****SMILE*****

Funny, the Right loves paying subsidies to EXXON.

Another idiotic leftist lie. Oil companies do not receive tax dollars in any significant form. All of the so-called subsidies are tax relief for lower income families energy bills, which Dems defend, as well as tax relief on fuel for farmers because they don't use public roads with their vehicles. Otherwise oil companies follow the same tax code as every other manufacturing company and receive any tax breaks accordingly.

images

*****SMILE*****

Another idiotic leftist lie. Oil companies do not receive tax dollars in any significant form. All of the so-called subsidies are tax relief for lower income families energy bills, which Dems defend, as well as tax relief on fuel for farmers because they don't use public roads with their vehicles. Otherwise oil companies follow the same tax code as every other manufacturing company and receive any tax breaks accordingly.

:lol:

images

*****SMILE*****

That's interesting.

Forum List

Back