California Bullet Train

And why should we subsidizing those tons of other things? Where is that in the Constitution? Maybe that's why we're $22 trillion in debt and climbing.
Than we cut them all, and dont just punish those states that are anti orange.

How exactly is not giving you what you want a punishment, or are you like five years old?
He should do the same to the farmers (his base).

Why, because that's what you want?

Were there mistakes made? of course....and trump is not a saint. The orange family did cost the taxpayers over 100 mil alone, I don't see you complaining about that.

Obama, Bush, Clinton all traveled and used public cost, I have never complained about it. Wasting $46 billion, should be a bigger concern for Californians that just let their state steal taxpayers blind. Of course Californians haven’t been known to be to bright. You just proved it.
really?....lots of advancements in science,technology and medicine has come out of that not to bright state...

That is my point, they have always survived and the project should continue. The whole idea that not getting less than 1% of the project money is going to end the project is ridiculous. They were granted the money nine years ago and the state of California has failed to meet the conditions of receiving their grant money. The state of California needs to be on the hot seat not a President that did nothing that should impact the project.

Something is very wrong and Issa wants to blame the President and not the state of California, he doesn't seem very bright to me.
issa does not like talking about the negative aspects of California....if you do,to him,you are bashing the state...
You'd like to show me one positive topic about california in here?
The rednecks in here are bashing California in hundreds of topics....not one single positive one, and you dont seem to point it out...biased much ?
and you dont like talking about those topics do you?....as we can see from your post....thanks for proving what i said about you....and i did point out positive things you just dont pay attention...

Were there mistakes made? of course....and trump is not a saint. The orange family did cost the taxpayers over 100 mil alone, I don't see you complaining about that.

So...President Donald J. Trump returns to his HOME along with other golf courses he owns. When did failed former President Barack Hussein Obama simply visit his home? You know the mansion he bought with the help of a convicted felon, now serving time in prison? Has President Trump taken his whole family and friends for a luxury vacation in the South of France? Rio? African safaris? Has Trump rented multi-million dollar estates in Hawaii or on Martha's Vineyard? As you know, the list goes on.

Where did President George Bush "vacation"? HIS home in the wild and crazy town of Crawford, Texas.

Obama, Bush, Clinton all traveled and used public cost, I have never complained about it. Wasting $46 billion, should be a bigger concern for Californians that just let their state steal taxpayers blind. Of course Californians haven’t been known to be to bright. You just proved it.
really?....lots of advancements in science,technology and medicine has come out of that not to bright state...

That is my point, they have always survived and the project should continue. The whole idea that not getting less than 1% of the project money is going to end the project is ridiculous. They were granted the money nine years ago and the state of California has failed to meet the conditions of receiving their grant money. The state of California needs to be on the hot seat not a President that did nothing that should impact the project.

Something is very wrong and Issa wants to blame the President and not the state of California, he doesn't seem very bright to me.
issa does not like talking about the negative aspects of California....if you do,to him,you are bashing the state...
The rednecks in here are bashing California in hundreds of topics....not one single positive one, and you dont seem to point it out...biased much ?

No positive threads about California....go figure. You're certainly welcome to start one though. As for many of us Californians that actually live here, it is a shithole and getting worse, thank you liberals.

California bullet train is currently 10 years behind schedule and $46 BILLION over budget. And now has been dealt another setback....thank you President Trump.

Trump administration cancels $929-million grant for California bullet train

Last I heard, that idiot Jerry Brown's "choo-choo" has been canceled because of its unworkability. Unfortunately, these liberal vaginal infections have already wasted billions of my state's tax dollars on it. In my lifetime, California has NEVER had a good governer, regardless of party. Each CA governer has been an abomination somehow worse than the abomination that came before him.

The project may have been canceled under Newsom, not too long ago I recall rumblings Newsom refusing to return unused funds.

Well yeah, as a Californian I can tell you that whole choo-choo was a giant scam in the very first place, to make certain traitors in our leftist government incredibly rich. Newsome will figure out a way to be just as destructive as Jerry Brown-as-in-shit, I assure you. California's loathsome, boiling-malicious governers really are a piece of work to behold, regardless if they're D or R.

I'm with ya, what I don't understand is why so many voted for it years ago.

Because like with any Democrat proposed project, the public was promised that it would cost a fraction of what it has already cost and should have already been completed. Democrats lied.

But of course he cancels the bullet train. We need to bring back coal-burning steam engines, dammit! That'll make America great again, by golly.

I know trump lovers wouldn't know this becauce they don't travel outside of their district.....most of the world have bullet trains even African are getting them....and it is the best and most convenient way of traveling.
most Americans jump on a plane for long distance and for shorter distances, most enjoy getting in the car and heading out....we apparently are not like everyone else....
It will help relief busy freeways between major cities, and also for those who dont own car or afraid of flying.
which is a pretty low number....in this country bullet trains just dont seem to be wanted.....

Wanted sure, in any way practical? NO. The only one in this country that is profitable is the Acela Express in the NE corridor. That corridor has about 42 million people.

Dumbshit:

1. I'll let the governor answer you and your dumb leader.: "Fake news. We're building high-speed rail, connecting the Central Valley and beyond. This is CA's money, allocated by Congress for this project. We're not giving it back. The train is leaving the station — better get on board! (Also, desperately searching for some wall $$??)"
2. 1B for millions of Californians vs 100MIL for a wealthy family...do the math.

3. And what do you know about state budgeting of projects of this magnitude to call it overbudgetting?

#2, Malarkey. The train proposed for California would have cost over $100 BILLION and not served millions of California but a relative few who MIGHT have used the train and lived along its route.

Californa is broke, they are short over $100 billion on what they owe their retired and retiring employees.

As you know too, people and companies are leaving California in droves. Whatever they're doing, isn't working.

We still want what Congress approved to give..is our money after all.

You're not building the train. Why should you get the money? You got the money allocated to Florida when we wisely rejected the idea of high-speed rail in Florida. That too should go back to the Fed.

Now the law suits will begin...massive land sell offs for a loss to the tax payer....and there is no reporter curious enough to ask Governor Brown what the hell he was thinking...he just slinks away into retirement....after costing the state billions of dollars.....for nothing...dems really do get away with murder...

California bullet train is currently 10 years behind schedule and $46 BILLION over budget. And now has been dealt another setback....thank you President Trump.

Q. Why do you single out CA's Bullet train for cost - overruns and delays
A Trump's an A-Hole

Q. Why didn't he defund the F35 fiasco, it's lifetime is estimated to be 18 years, the bullet train will last centuries.
A. He's an A-Hole.

But of course he cancels the bullet train. We need to bring back coal-burning steam engines, dammit! That'll make America great again, by golly.

I know trump lovers wouldn't know this becauce they don't travel outside of their district.....most of the world have bullet trains even African are getting them....and it is the best and most convenient way of traveling.

Most of the world's passenger trains are heavily subsidized by the government, including our own Amtrak. Passenger trains aren't profitable because it's faster to fly and sometimes cheaper.
We subsidize tons of things that everyday Americans dont benefit from...why not a man of transportation that eases traffic, reduce pollution and help people move around ?

Hmmmm...let's see, because it does none of those things?

A Trump's an A-Hole

Q. Why didn't he defund the F35 fiasco, it's lifetime is estimated to be 18 years, the bullet train will last centuries.
A. He's an A-Hole.

He IS an asshole but so are you. You want a bullet train? Pay for it yourselves.

A Trump's an A-Hole

A. He's an A-Hole.

You obviously don't live in California, hopefully you know where it is on a map. If they were making any progress, it would take centuries for them to complete a train as originally intended. If you had been following the project over the years, it was getting more and more expensive, travel distance was getting shorter and shorter, and based on the track, the train was getting slower and slower. Also, if you were in California, you'd know Newsom canceled the project a few months ago.

Then there is this. Gavin Newsom is a far left liberal. Even HE says California can't afford this boondoggle!

California Governor Gavin Newsom Cancels High-speed Rail: ‘Would Cost Too Much and Take Too Long’
JOEL B. POLLAK 12 Feb 2019

California Governor Gavin Newsom announced Tuesday in his “State of the State” address at the California State Capitol in Sacramento that he would abandon the state’s high-speed rail system because it was too expensive.

The plan to connect San Francisco to Los Angeles by high-speed rail “would cost too much and, respectfully, would take too long,” he told legislators. He said the state would still build a portion of the system under construction in the rural Central Valley, denying that it would be a “train to nowhere.” He said the state would not send $3.5 billion back to the federal government to be spent by President Donald Trump.
[...]

California Governor Gavin Newsom Cancels High-speed Rail: 'Would Cost Too Much and Take Too Long' | Breitbart

Perhaps that is, because of its elected government, the place is more fucked up than a soup sandwich.

There is no market for bullet trains in the United States. You just want to get rid of cars. To much litigation. Back many decades ago when we were macho and manly and proudly attempted to do things that were said they can not do, this may have been done. But now we are weak and so politically correct that we must live by the rules of others who have not left the middle ages or whose ways of living are interfered with by the rules of Prog administrators. So we will spend 90 trillion dollars on green deal energy being pushed by the weak and feminine and get a few trillion dollars of benefits over decades at most with much of it being benign gains in efficiency.

A Trump's an A-Hole

A. He's an A-Hole.

If California wants a bullet train then people in California can pay for it. Why should somebody in Vermont be responsible to pay for your bullet train. Maybe if your state wasn’t blowing money on so much other stupid shit you would have the money to do it

Last edited:

Most of the world's passenger trains are heavily subsidized by the government, including our own Amtrak. Passenger trains aren't profitable because it's faster to fly and sometimes cheaper.
We subsidize tons of things that everyday Americans dont benefit from...why not a man of transportation that eases traffic, reduce pollution and help people move around ?

And why should we subsidizing those tons of other things? Where is that in the Constitution? Maybe that's why we're $22 trillion in debt and climbing.
Than we cut them all, and dont just punish those states that are anti orange.

Oh, so now you’re in favor of cutting all the waste in government? So tell me, why do you keep voting for people who refuse to do so?

Forum List

Back