California Chrome!

The Preakness!

There's more going on in the world than just Obama's Epic Fails.

California Chrome!!

On to the Belmont!!

Horse of destiny?? What an amazing story. He was bred with a $8,000 mare and a $2500 stud.at Harris Ranch (they are famous for their beef) in Coalinga CA.

Can he win the triple Crown for the first time since 1978?? We'll know in 2 weeks.....

I know who I am betting on!! Now just change the words of this song to California CHROME.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Kid Cruz didn't win? Did the gay owners call a press conference do they could accuse California Chrome of being a homophobic bigot?

Guess who California Chrome's great-great-great grandfather is? SECRETARIAT

California Chrome also has Seattle Slew, A.P. Indy, Northern Dancer, Danzig, Honest Pleasure, Mr. Prospector, and other great racehorses, in his pedigree.

This horse is certainly not some sort of "miracle" horse. He is one of those horses that comes along every few years, who is privately bred and owned, and didn't make any headlines at the yearling sales.

I believe that California Chrome is going to have a difficult time winning the Belmont. I would LOVE to see him do it, but he is going to be racing against the 2-3-4-5 Kentucky Derby finishers who skipped the Preakness, and who are waiting for Cali Chrome at Belmont Park. They are all rested and ready.

I have my doubts that Cali Chrome can go a mile and a half, and win. He seems to be a mile and a quarter racehorse. I hope I am wrong.

The Belmont is THREE weeks from now, so Cali Chrome will get an extra week of rest and preparation.

OK, enough of this REAL sports chatter. Let's get back to talking about an openly homosexual football player, a racist NBA owner, and a drunk NFL owner. THOSE are the topics that really MATTER in the sports world.

Carry on.

Last edited:
Every asshole is going to get all pumped over this horse for the Triple Crown......especially California assholes who figure he'll win based upon his name ( how ghey:2up: )

Chrome will definitely NOT win at Belmont......write it down and go place a bet on an underdog with a good history as a closing horse. Belmont is a marathon, not a sprint like The Derby and Preakness. If the pace is fast, Chrome will not make that distance at Belmont.:eusa_dance: It has buried many, many good horses. Go back and watch the Derby.....if that race went another 10 lengths Commanding Curve goes by Chrome like he was standing still. Look at Danza or Curve at the Belmont for a $100 throw down.

Last edited:
I don't care for horse racing in the least, but I do loves me some mint juleps.

Guess who California Chrome's great-great-great grandfather is? SECRETARIAT

California Chrome also has Seattle Slew, A.P. Indy, Northern Dancer, Danzig, Honest Pleasure, Mr. Prospector, and other great racehorses, in his pedigree.

This horse is certainly not some sort of "miracle" horse. He is one of those horses that comes along every few years, who is privately bred and owned, and didn't make any headlines at the yearling sales.

I believe that California Chrome is going to have a difficult time winning the Belmont. I would LOVE to see him do it, but he is going to be racing against the 2-3-4-5 Kentucky Derby finishers who skipped the Preakness, and who are waiting for Cali Chrome at Belmont Park. They are all rested and ready.

I have my doubts that Cali Chrome can go a mile and a half, and win. He seems to be a mile and a quarter racehorse. I hope I am wrong.

The Belmont is THREE weeks from now, so Cali Chrome will get an extra week of rest and preparation.

OK, enough of this REAL sports chatter. Let's get back to talking about an openly homosexual football player, a racist NBA owner, and a drunk NFL owner. THOSE are the topics that really MATTER in the sports world.

Carry on.

very good analysis.......a lot of people are going to lose a lot of $$ at Belmont.:badgrin:

If the jockey is sadistic enough beating the crap out of the poor animal, California Chrome might just win the Triple Crown.

I knew it wouldn't take long for the animal rights idiots to chime in.

The horses don't get "the crap" beat out of them. The so-called "whip" that the jockeys use are designed to keep the horse's attention on the task at hand. The thickness of the horse's coat and skin renders the "whip" to be nothing more than a little "thump" on their rear end.

I am a horse racing historian. I would be the FIRST person to condemn ANY trainer or groom or jockey or owner who did ANY harm to ANY racehorse that is under their care.

There are some people in horse-racing who "walk the tightrope" in how they treat their horses.

Hall-Of-Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas is well-known for racing less-than-sound horses, and he has had MANY horses break down during races or had their careers cut short due to injuries.

Trainer Steve Asmussen is currently under fire for doing the same thing, and his assistant trainer already lost his job because of this scandal.

Thoroughbred racehorses are bred and trained to RUN. Period. That is what these horses LIVE for and LOVE to do.............run faster and farther than other horses.

And NEVER underestimate the intelligence of a racehorse. They KNOW they are special. They KNOW they are celebrities. Most of them LOVE the attention and pampering they receive. Many of them "ham it up" in front of the cameras.

The great racehorse Citation would regally BOW HIS HEAD for the crowd before EVERY race he ever ran.

Secretariat would look directly at the cameras when people took photos of him. He would pose with admirers for pictures, always looking at the cameras.

And that is just a snapshot of why horse racing is called THE SPORT OF KINGS.

i dont see a triple crown....but i am always the naysayer in the triple crown event.....i just think its a weak field all the way around......the derby time was slow ...the preakness was better but a smaller field as in the number of horses....sorry i dont see a triple crown winner.....

i could be wrong

truth is did seem the jockeys were whipping hard but the jockeys know those horses....they love those horses...plus whipping is more noise etc...and they always have to be careful not to foul another horse and jockey....

the retirement life of these horses is grand.....they have body guards and get jacked off daily....while doing very little in pastures...they even have 'fluff' mares

truth is did seem the jockeys were whipping hard but the jockeys know those horses....they love those horses...plus whipping is more noise etc...and they always have to be careful not to foul another horse and jockey....

the retirement life of these horses is grand.....they have body guards and get jacked off daily....while doing very little in pastures...they even have 'fluff' mares

Yeah, it's a rough life being retired to stud. :lol:

They get to cover a hundred or so mares a year, and get treated like kings.:lol:

cover.....i thought it was now considered too dangerous to the stallion to let them mount a mare....most of it is done by man now...what a damn job to have....

damn that i did not know.....that does ad another element to it ...now doesnt it.....i would think the mare owners would be a wee bit concerned....

Forum List

Back