California decides their gas prices ain't high enough! Raises them even more!

Yeah. Thread title should be "California voters voluntarily raised their own taxes to pay for shit" or something closer to the truth.

It’s a wetback tax...it’s been spun into other shit...but it’s a wetback tax supported by wetbacks.

Obvious why Californians voted for and "improved" taxes.

The ones with any intelligence moved out years ago.

You know it was voted on, right?
So was gay marriage in California. It was voted a big no, but then Obama got the courts involved.
So....go to court and get the gas tax shot down...you can claim it's a civil rights thing....find a part of the Constitution that applies. Do the leg work and don't just whine....whine...whine.
I'm not worried about it. I live in South Carolina. You can support the illegals that are turning your state into a third world shit hole.
Ah...so this doesn't affect you at all. Carry on with your silliness then.
Actually it does, eventually your illness will come here.
I wouldn't talk about illness "coming" to South Carolina.....:71:

Californicate is a Utopian Paradise, din't y'know.
You have a problem with the people of a state voting for something? Oh, that's right........I forgot. Democracy is passe for CRCs. It's all about admiring the North Koreans, the Saudis and the Russians now.
Nope. Don't admire any of those Commies.
;) of course :eusa_whistle:

So was gay marriage in California. It was voted a big no, but then Obama got the courts involved.

Obama had nothing to do with it, the people denied the right to marry took it to court. Obama's DOJ did not defend the unconstitutional law, but that wasn't precedent setting in any way either. Prop 8 was unconstitutional, raising our own taxes to pay for shit isn't.
Bullshit

No, actual true shit. It's like when Chicago passed an unconstitutional gun ban. It was overturned by the SCOTUS just like Prop 8 was.

2.16 per gallon in Mobile, Al. Last week.

Let’s see. Making poor people pay more for gas means they are stealing money from poor people who don’t have enough money left to buy groceries. What a horrible state.
Let's see...the minimum wage in Alabama is $7.25 an hour. In California it is $12. Hmmm...

Poor people don't pay for transportation. They get bus passes and vouchers for cabs and uber. There is a free service for the disabled.

It's the dwindling middle class that has to support the whole mess.

That’s like another $1.20 per tank full!

Oh my God! How are they ever going to get by?
There are millions of people driving in California without licenses and insurance. Someone else must pay for it. Those taxes add up for those who are honest or can not cheat themselves. Anyway there are military people who admire California when they move there for assignment, then after the taxes set in can not wait to leave.

Obama had nothing to do with it, the people denied the right to marry took it to court. Obama's DOJ did not defend the unconstitutional law, but that wasn't precedent setting in any way either. Prop 8 was unconstitutional, raising our own taxes to pay for shit isn't.
Bullshit

No, actual true shit. It's like when Chicago passed an unconstitutional gun ban. It was overturned by the SCOTUS just like Prop 8 was.
Prop 8 wasn't overturned by SCOTUS. It was overturned by one gay judge the day before he retired.

California's gas prices are high because of redlining. Regular unleaded and Diesel should be capped at $.40 above taxes.

Forum List

Back