California Democrats Propose Strictest Gun Regulations In The Nation

4. Bans shotgun-rifle combinations.

Even the crazy California rationale behind this one eludes me.

These are breach loading (break barrel) long guns.

That means 2 shots.

For example, the one I would like, the Savage model 24v, is an over/under 30-30 / 20 gauge...two shots...a maximum of one 30-30 cartridge and one 20 gauge shell can be loaded at one time.

What on Earth could be the possible logic behind banning this weapon?

Is there another variation of the rifle shotgun combo of which I am unaware?

Last edited:
why is it everything California does is hilarious
Lunacy is often humorous to the lucid.

Other states to follow.

Not that many

Illinois, New Jersey, Maryland. IOW the shitholes of this country that anyone would be wise to leave anyway.
Aw yes...the big city states! If majority ruled, we urban cowboys would be in deep shit. Big cities are the cesspools of America.

This Nation has come unglued under the mis-direction of a President without compass... moral or otherwise.

LOL, when you have nothig to write (say) it's always Obama's fault. He's got a compass pal, you simply are too blind to see the direction the nation is heading. As California goes, so goes the nation.
Frightening, that last statement. California is replete with sick but pseudo-intellectual people.

That means 2 shots.

For example, the one I would like, the Savage model 24v, is an over/under 30-30 / 20 gauge...two shots...a maximum of one 30-30 cartridge and one 20 gauge shell can be loaded at one time.

PETA hates turkey hunters! That covers the 410ga combos!

This Nation has come unglued under the mis-direction of a President without compass... moral or otherwise.

LOL, when you have nothig to write (say) it's always Obama's fault. He's got a compass pal, you simply are too blind to see the direction the nation is heading. As California goes, so goes the nation.

That's MR. pal to you, pal.

Seems logical to me - especially for California...

It seems logical to ban shotgun rifle combinations because they are new? Do you have any idea how long they have been around? They are banning them because they are considered starter guns for children, not because they are dangerous.

Starter guns for children? That's funny. They "may" be in something like .410/.22 combinations - but you're leaving out all the available over/under rifle/shotgun combinations for big boys.

Crossfire_Rifle_Shotgun_Combo.jpg

Crossfire MK-1 .223 Rifle/12g Shotgun combo

Aha...didn't know this was available.

Looks unwieldy and impractical.

States' rights in U.S. politics refers to political powers reserved for the U.S. state governments rather than the federal government according to the Tenth Amendment.

However states do not have the ‘right’ to violate their citizens’ civil liberties, one’s civil rights are not determined by majority rule nor does one forfeit his civil liberties as a consequence of his state of residence.

We would expect a California resident adversely effected by these measures to challenge such legislation in Federal court, should these proposals become law, with the goal of striking down such a law as un-Constitutional.

That means 2 shots.

Googlin' may reveal a bunch more. The .410ga over.22cal combinations are great for squirrel/turkey/varmit hunting.

Last edited:
It seems logical to ban shotgun rifle combinations because they are new? Do you have any idea how long they have been around? They are banning them because they are considered starter guns for children, not because they are dangerous.

Starter guns for children? That's funny. They "may" be in something like .410/.22 combinations - but you're leaving out all the available over/under rifle/shotgun combinations for big boys.

I agree. It doesn't have that sweet Rambo feel or look.

No wonder I never heard of it...they hardly sold, were recalled, and apparently...they are no longer available...

And as I predicted, unwieldy and impractical.

The Innogun Hybrid, which I recently blogged about, is reminicint of the Crossfire MK-1 pump action / shotgun combo gun. the MK-1 was not a commercial success. From a Guns Magazine review …

“I might add that because of its design and its loading, unloading and firing protocols, shooting the Crossfire requires thought and attention to details. Without studying the instructional manual and video, the average person would be challenged to operate it. Even the owner is urged not to disassemble the Crossfire if there’s a problem, but to have it serviced by the Customer Service Department, a trained armorer or qualified gunsmith.”

Crossfire MK-1 rifle/shotgun | The Firearm Blog

Last edited:

I agree. It doesn't have that sweet Rambo feel or look.

Still, it's a rifle with a detachable magazine...which would already be covered by proposal 1...why then a ban on all shotgun rifle combinations...that doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

No wonder I never heard of it...they hardly sold, were recalled, and apparently...they are no longer available...

The Innogun Hybrid, which I recently blogged about, is reminicint of the Crossfire MK-1 pump action / shotgun combo gun. the MK-1 was not a commercial success. From a Guns Magazine review …

“I might add that because of its design and its loading, unloading and firing protocols, shooting the Crossfire requires thought and attention to details. Without studying the instructional manual and video, the average person would be challenged to operate it. Even the owner is urged not to disassemble the Crossfire if there’s a problem, but to have it serviced by the Customer Service Department, a trained armorer or qualified gunsmith.”

Widen your search. I just saw a new one available for $900.

That means 2 shots.

The scary looking ones.

89025.jpg

Funny thing, it is still has a break open action that allows one shot from each barrel.

Last edited:

Are you sure?

All I am getting is closed auctions, and they are going for almost three grand...they sold for $2500 new.

California is trying to ban a gun nobody wants?

By Zack Beauchamp

Thursday afternoon, a group of California Senate Democrats rolled out a legislative package that would create what would likely be the tightest gun regulation system in the nation, ranging from sweeping prohibitions on semi-automatic rifles to restrictions on guns in the home. The proposal consists of ten points:

1. Ban all semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines.

2. Ban possession of high-capacity magazines.

3. Ban “bullet button” conversion kits.

5. Universal registration of all guns.

6. Background checks on ammunition.

7. Regulating gun loans.

8. Prevent prohibited individuals from living in homes with guns.

9. Cracking down on people who can’t own guns legally but do anyway.

10. Required safety training for handgun owners.

DETAILS: California Democrats Propose Strictest Gun Regulations In The Nation | ThinkProgress

So Chicago has the strictest gun laws, and b/c of that they have the highest murder rate.
And strict anti-freedom laws go hand in hand with gun crime.

therefore it is only logical to assume that the leadership of CA wants to kill off some of it's population. In particular the poor and most specifically minorities.

And liberals :clap2: this blatant States rights racism and murder.

Are you sure?

All I am getting is closed auctions, and they are going for almost three grand...they sold for $2500 new.

Here's the link, but I just noticed it's from 2007...

Crossfire AR15/12 Gauge Over Under Rifle- New! REDUCED TO $900! - AR15.Com Archive

That means 2 shots.

The scary looking ones.

89025.jpg

Funny think, it is still has a break open action that allows one shot from each barrel.

I own one of those, without the survivor stock...mine just has the plain old wood.

It is an NEF Pardner single shot 12 gauge, shortened to 18.5 inches and modified to take winchokes.

IMAG0003.jpg

It's probably my favorite, and most used firearm.

I really love all the NEF Pardner and H&R Handi-rifle single shots...I have a 30/30 and a .17 HMR also.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-outdoors/272084-17-hmr-h-and-r-handi-rifle.html

EDIT -- I've been considering decking my NEF out with this, just to screw with the anti-pistol-grip crowd.

http://www.atigunstocks.com/stocks/162-hr-nef-shotforce-collapsible-stock.html

Last edited:

Are you sure?

Here's the link, but I just noticed it's from 2007...

Crossfire AR15/12 Gauge Over Under Rifle- New! REDUCED TO $900! - AR15.Com Archive

Thanks...evidently, without a certification that they were not subject to recall, they are all but worthless.

States are free to enact their own gun-control laws - so long as they meet the minimum federal standards.

Ain't states' rights and the Tenth Amendment great. The Tenthers should be elated.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

You are in fact the biggest idiot on the entire internet.

Forum List

Back