California lets another murder off with a slap.

It was a crime against an elderly person and traditionally crimes against children and the elderly hold stiffer sentences. If he is a career criminal as stated, it should have held even more weight, in my opinion. The fact he hit his head is irrelevant to the actual crime. The intent was to harm.

I am guessing that the sentence was so short because of how long the victim had already lived?

God bless you and their family always!!!

Holly
Probably because the punch was never intended to be lethal. The guy fell and hit his head. What the victim does for a living is irrelevant in a society that favors, and promotes equality. Not sure why they even bothered to mention he was a cop. Even after openly stating he was off duty. As far as the perpetrator knew, he was just some guy.
I wasn't talking about what the victim does for a living. I was considering their actual age. The victim here was already as old as 70 years. I was wondering if them being that far ahead already had anything to do with the prison sentence being as short as it is.

He should have been put to death. I didn't mean to kill him is no defense, unless you are in Cali.
I disagree. What about people who are behind the wheel of a moving vehicle? Should they be put to death if they inadvertently kill another person by hitting them?

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

I am guessing that the sentence was so short because of how long the victim had already lived?

Holly
Probably because the punch was never intended to be lethal. The guy fell and hit his head. What the victim does for a living is irrelevant in a society that favors, and promotes equality. Not sure why they even bothered to mention he was a cop. Even after openly stating he was off duty. As far as the perpetrator knew, he was just some guy.
I wasn't talking about what the victim does for a living. I was considering their actual age. The victim here was already as old as 70 years. I was wondering if them being that far ahead already had anything to do with the prison sentence being as short as it is.

He should have been put to death. I didn't mean to kill him is no defense, unless you are in Cali.
I disagree. What about people who are behind the wheel of a moving vehicle? Should they be put to death if they inadvertently kill another person by hitting them?

Holly
I certainly hope the jury didn’t consider this mans life had a lower value due to age. He deserved the same justice anyone should get...

Holly

Holly
he didn't inadvertently hit this guy so hard it knocked him down. He did it on purpose.

Forum List

Back