California’s State Controller: I Can’t Find the 49 Million Bills I Paid Last Year

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Because we all know a lot of money flowed to Democrats it should not have.

California’s State Controller Betty Yee says she “can’t find” any of the 49 million bills she paid last year. So fiscal watchdog OpenTheBooks has filed suit under the state’s Freedom of Information law.

Here’s a link to the lawsuit.

When you allow dems to get away with breaking the law they will steal from the tax payers....

When you allow dems to get away with breaking the law they will steal from the tax payers....

And here, in California, they're doing that to a degree that, only a decade ago, would have been unthinkable, even for Democrats.

Motor fuel taxes are the perfect example. The state was collecting more than enough taxes on the sale of gasoline and diesel fuel, to more than pay for all the maintenance that our roads need. These taxes were specifically designated for this purpose.

But the state has been embezzling these taxes, and spending them elsewhere. With not enough of these funds being used for the intended purpose, they raised motor fuel taxes and vehicle registration fees a few years ago, supposedly to pay for the road maintenance that they've not been spending the taxes on that they were already collecting for this purpose.

In 2018, an initiative was placed on the ballot to repeal that last set of motor fuel tax and registration fee increases. But our corrupt Attorney General illegally got the wording on the ballot changed, in order to deceive voters as to the effect and intent of the proposition.

Per the Than Fwanthicho Chwonicle
Rather than describing Prop. 6 as a gas tax repeal, the title states in bold letters: “Eliminates certain road repair and transportation funding. Requires certain fuel taxes and vehicle fees to be approved by the electorate.”

In the election, it was narrowly defeated, almost certainly as a result of Becarra's skulduggery in deceptively changing how it was worded and described on the ballot.

Our legislooters have since enacted legislation making it even easier to increase these taxes and fees, and increases have taken place at least once or twice, since then. And still, the additional funds thus collected are largely being embezzled away from the purpose for which they are supposedly being collected, and our roads continue to deteriorate from neglect.

If California's voters had any sense, we'd all vote all these crooks out of office, and beyond that, we'd find a way to demand that they be criminally-prosecuted for fraud, embezzlement, and malfeasance, and locked away for prison for a very long time. But alas, something has happened to California's voters, that too many of us just mindlessly continue to vote for these criminals and their agendas.

Every so often, our corrupt and degenerate state government engages in some unimaginably-blatant abuse, and I keep finding myself hoping that this latest abuse will be what finally wakes this state's voters up, and gets these crooks voted out of office. But alas, enough of my fellow Californians, when in the voting booth, remain solidly in their same mindless stupor, to allow these abuses to continue and to escalate.

The next fire/flood season will see more jobs leaving the state and it will get worse over time and by the way Barr can order an investigation of state and local corruption as happens with great regularity in Chicago.

Forum List

Back