CAMERON: UK 'Can't Be Part, Won't Be Part,' Of Syrian Attack...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Good for the Brits. Their System worked. It's so refreshing to see that. And kudos to Cameron especially. He's handled his defeat on this with nothing but honor & class. Now lets hope our Politicians do the same thing and vote 'No' on War with Syria.

David Cameron rules out any future military action in Syria

David Cameron has publicly ruled out the prospect of British military action in Syria following days of speculation that MPs could be allowed to reconsider the case for intervention because of events in America.

The Prime Minister said that the UK “can’t be part and won’t be part” of any military strikes against Bashar al-Assad’s regime.

Mr Cameron has come under pressure from senior Conservative to hold a second vote in the Commons on the issue after Barack Obama, the US President, delayed his response in Syria.

A number of ministers including Philip Hammond, the Defence Secretary, this week appeared to leave the door open to a second vote if the circumstances in Syria “change very significantly”.

Downing Street had for days only said that there were "absolutely no plans" to return to the Commons for another vote on Syria.

However, speaking during Prime Minister’s Questions, Mr Cameron excluded the possibility of Britain having any role in military action.

“I accept that Britain can't be part, and won't be part, of any military action on that front but we must not in any degree give up our utter revulsion at the chemical weapons attacks that we have seen and we must press this point in every forum that we are a member," Mr Cameron said.

He added: “I won't be bringing back plans for British participation in military action.”...

Read More:
David Cameron rules out any future military action in Syria - Telegraph
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

I hope our Congress has the balls to stand up to Obama and say "No sir, you cannot have some war!"

I hope so too. But unfortunately, i won't be counting on it. When's the last time you remember a U.S. Congress voting 'No' on War? They've been a sad Rubber Stamp for War for many many years. I would rather see them debating an official Declaration of War. It's pretty much a certainty they'll grant this President the authority to start a War with Syria. But I think if they debated going to War properly, the outcome would be different. I'm just not very optimistic our Congress will stand with the People and vote 'No'.

It's disturbing that during negotiations for such a sensitive issue as committing an act of war, obama is not consulting with military advisers, not even with political advisers. He is hunkered down with his CAMPAIGN advisers.

Axelrod, Cutter, Other Former Campaign Advisers Guiding Obama On Syria - Fox Nation

The White House is getting advice from some former campaign advisers on how to win congressional support for a strike on Syria, Fox News has learned, with top White House aides soliciting their input during a long strategy session Tuesday afternoon.

The aides met with former top Obama campaign hands like strategist Anita Dunn, former deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter and long-time adviser David Axelrod.

While the president himself did not attend the meeting, attendees said the goal was to kick around ideas about how to help Obama win crucial votes in Congress as he faces a critical test of his presidency as soon as next week.

obama doesn't need a military opinion. He doesn't even need a political opinion. He only needs a spin opinion.

Ohhhh this guy has got to go. He needs to go now.

That's a positive development. And i can fully understand why they feel that way. Our Government lies to us everyday. So it's a very good possibility they're lying us into this War...

kerry-and-assad.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-09-02-at-2.39.38-PM.png

If he's even considering war with Syria then he's an even bigger idiot than I thought he was.

Let the Arab League do something about Syria if they want to. If they don't then let Syria take care of itself.

We sure as hell have no business in Syria.

If he's even considering war with Syria then he's an even bigger idiot than I thought he was.

Let the Arab League do something about Syria if they want to. If they don't then let Syria take care of itself.

We sure as hell have no business in Syria.

The Arab League knows more about arabs than obama does. Arab states have these civil wars all the time. If it were not for our interference, Syria's civil war would have been over in a few days like most of the civil wars.

I hope our Congress has the balls to stand up to Obama and say "No sir, you cannot have some war!"

I hope so too. But unfortunately, i won't be counting on it. When's the last time you remember a U.S. Congress voting 'No' on War? They've been a sad Rubber Stamp for War for many many years. I would rather see them debating an official Declaration of War. It's pretty much a certainty they'll grant this President the authority to start a War with Syria. But I think if they debated going to War properly, the outcome would be different. I'm just not very optimistic our Congress will stand with the People and vote 'No'.

paul, I may not have much faith in this Congress or any congress, but I would love to be surprised, wouldn't you?

paul, I may not have much faith in this Congress or any congress, but I would love to be surprised, wouldn't you?

Yeah, i was definitely pleasantly surprised at the British Parliament's decision. But i just don't see our Congress going that route. They Rubber Stamp all Wars now. The only possibility it could be voted down, would be if they debated an official Declaration of War. I believe if that debate took place, we would not go to War with Syria.

I give kudos to the UK for their vote. I am not optimistic for us though.

Constitutional Attorney John W. Whitehead to Speak at Charlottesville Rally Opposing Obama Administration’s Push for Military Action in Syria

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.— Constitutional Attorney, John W. Whitehead, president of The Rutherford Institute, will speak at a rally this evening, Sept. 4, 2013, at 6:30 pm EST, at the Friends Meeting House in Charlottesville, Va., opposing the Obama administration’s decision to engage in a unilateral bombing campaign against the Syrian government."

Forum List

Back