Can the CDC suspend my mortgage?

Short answer... they have NO power to do this. It isn't anywhere close to their portfolio.

But, the people who believe they need to fundamentally re-build (read destroy) this country know they only have a short window of opportunity to do so.

They aren't going to let a silly thing like legality stop them from their mission. We would be foolish to think they have any intention of playing by the rules.

The bigger question is ... how can you stop them? Yes, the courts will EVENTUALLY get around to doing that. But, by the time they do, damage done. Billion and Billions of dollars in rent debt will be built which will eventually have to be written off. Landlords will go bankrupt and housing prices will plummet. All that will happen well before the courts can intercede.
SHhh!

If we are lucky, the Department of Transportation can start buying us cars.

I imagine rental shortages are going to soar. Sell the properties and go invest in something else.

Moratorium going back to the SC in which they previously ruled that the eviction moratorium exceeds the cdc’s statutory authority and could not be extended beyond July 31.

Not really. The government backs half of all mortgages so if the bank loses money, Uncle Sam is on the hook for it.
I was being sarcastic, btw. It seems that all middle income classes, low to high middle are being punished at every turn by our elected pundits!

Forum List

Back