Canada resettles 25,000 Syrian refugees ..

By the way, if one wants to understand why the refugees would prefer to stay in the ME with the dream of returning home one day, you should learn about Syria before this bullshit Arab Spring to depose Assad. Too bad we've been investing in destroying the country.

Here's just part of a great article to explain a Syrian's reticence to come to a new country.

"The diversity of the Syrian people

For centuries, Syria has been a melting pot of religion and ethnicities. According to Tara, who is Orthodox Christian, and her fiance, a Sunni Muslim, mixed marriages are common than people think — though since the start of the war, it has been increasingly difficult.

Syria’s majority are Sunni Muslim, while 12 more than cent are Alawite Muslims and four per cent are Druze. The remainder of the population is 10 per cent Christian with small Jewish enclaves in Syrian cities, while northeast of Syria has a Kurdish majority, nine per cent of the population.

“I’ve lived in Syria my whole life, and I never had a problem as a Christian. Muslims were always helpful, including when it came to things like finding a job,” Tara says."

Five things you never knew about Syria before the war

They don't even want to come.

I have no doubt they would rather be in an ISIS-free and Assad-free Syria. No one would like having to travel halfway around the world and leave everything behind.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau welcomes Syrian refugees - CNN.com

52gfno.png

Trudeau oozes maniliness. Meanwhile, Donald Trump shits himself in public, and gets attacked by our national bird! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Uh oh we better build a wall

Suicide vest and pipe bomb sales will sky rocket .. ya know, in case there's a refugee war ...
The only way to stop a bad guy with a suicide vest and some pipe bombs, is a good guy with a suicide vest and some pipe bombs.

I sometimes wish that 'liberals' really did live by that creed that way we can get rid of the jihadist and the communist in one blast.
Does John McCain and Lindsey Grahams existences escape you?

Meanwhile, back at the Trump ranch...

xd56wx.png

The face of fear. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Syrians were interested in coming to Canada by Dec. 31

Nobody wants to come for winter unless they play hockey.

Or curling. 10 months of winter and two months of bad skating truly isn't that appealing to a lot of refugees.

:)

Canada: We'll resettle 25,000 Syrian refugees - CNN.com

Canada can vet refugees, and America can't ?

all of you RW's who are skeert better ban Canadians too.

tinydancer just pooped her pajamas.

Not at all. I've known more than a few Syrians. Lovely just lovely. Are you trying to infer I hate muslims? Because that would really be out of line.

It's just most would prefer to stay close to Syria if at all possible and move home when this fake civil war is over.

So you're now magically pro-immigration..

I have no doubt they would rather be in an ISIS-free and Assad-free Syria. No one would like having to travel halfway around the world and leave everything behind.

The Assad free part? That would be Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, Kuwait now are the ones that have been paying mercenaries errrrrrrrrrrrr terrorists errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rebels to tear up their beloved country so we from Canada, US Britain and others can install the MB.

Arab Spring was complete and utter bullshit and a total failure.

Or curling. 10 months of winter and two months of bad skating truly isn't that appealing to a lot of refugees.

I think Toronto would be fine. Those storms like New England has ... no thanks.

The US took in around 35,000 Somali born immigrants since their civil war. It's not entirely a success. From what little I've read, they have no history or concept of racial segregation, so in addition to having the usual adjustments to an entirely new way of life, we impose that on them as well.

I really don't fear immigrants so much. Some terror attacks will happen, but muslims aren't the only groups from which terrorists emerge. But I think you are right that the only real answer is ending the war. Assad is corrupt and a murderous bastard, with whom Putin must have much in common, but the baath party is sectarian. Throwing the baby out with the bath water didn't work so well in Iraq.

The Assad free part? That would be Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, Kuwait now are the ones that have been paying mercenaries errrrrrrrrrrrr terrorists errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rebels to tear up their beloved country so we from Canada, US Britain and others can install the MB.

ah, but it was a BI-PARTISAN failure!

Canada: We'll resettle 25,000 Syrian refugees - CNN.com

Canada can vet refugees, and America can't ?

all of you RW's who are skeert better ban Canadians too.

tinydancer just pooped her pajamas.

Not at all. I've known more than a few Syrians. Lovely just lovely. Are you trying to infer I hate muslims? Because that would really be out of line.

It's just most would prefer to stay close to Syria if at all possible and move home when this fake civil war is over.

So you're now magically pro-immigration..

Always have been. I'm descended from Ukrainian and Irish immigrants. But I expect my country's leader to make certain that all immigrants are properly vetted. That's not too much to ask.

You know as compared to someone who didn't allow for proper vetting that cost 14 people their lives a few weeks ago. Mmmmmkay?

UPDATE: Fearing 'Bad Public Relations,' Obama Administration Barred Officials From Screening Foreign Visa Applicants' Social Media
Guy Benson | Dec 14, 2015

Fearing Bad Public Relations, Obama Admin Barred Officials From Screening Applicants Social Media

Tunisia is turning out all right, and that is where the Arab spring started.

And name one revolution which resulted in peace and calm in less than five years.

There has never been one. So you are celebrating the "failure" of the Arab spring prematurely.

But back to the point about the refugees not wanting to come to Canada, take a look at that photo I posted of their smiling faces and say that again with a straight face.

The US took in around 35,000 Somali born immigrants since their civil war. It's not entirely a success. From what little I've read, they have no history or concept of racial segregation, so in addition to having the usual adjustments to an entirely new way of life, we impose that on them as well.

I really don't fear immigrants so much. Some terror attacks will happen, but muslims aren't the only groups from which terrorists emerge. But I think you are right that the only real answer is ending the war. Assad is corrupt and a murderous bastard, with whom Putin must have much in common, but the baath party is sectarian. Throwing the baby out with the bath water didn't work so well in Iraq.

Boy oh boy it's a delicate balance. I am no fan of Assad by the way but as we all saw in Egypt the Muslim Brotherhood isn't a step up. And if you study the so called Assad opposition they live in the countries that are trying to take Assad out at any and all costs including destroying that beautiful country.

That's not the "peoples will". It's been a foreign takeover by Sunni countries that we've been aiding and abetting. We have far too much blood on our hands and no successes. Just look at Libya too.

ah, but it was a BI-PARTISAN failure!

Truth out! I've been very bi partisan in my rants over the ME. Harper and Cameron are conservatives and I have bashed them continually.

Boy oh boy it's a delicate balance. I am no fan of Assad by the way but as we all saw in Egypt the Muslim Brotherhood isn't a step up. And if you study the so called Assad opposition they live in the countries that are trying to take Assad out at any and all costs including destroying that beautiful country.

That's not the "peoples will". It's been a foreign takeover by Sunni countries that we've been aiding and abetting. We have far too much blood on our hands and no successes. Just look at Libya too.

Alot of IS has been flocking to Libya to escape bombing, now that you mention it. Dems broke Libya and own it, whether they admit it or not.

And name one revolution which resulted in peace and calm in less than five years.

There has never been one. So you are celebrating the "failure" of the Arab spring prematurely.

But back to the point about the refugees not wanting to come to Canada, take a look at that photo I posted of their smiling faces and say that again with a straight face.

Read the article. I'm quoting the UN. Of course many will come and be happy about it especially the ones that are sponsored by family. We expect around 10,000 by family. Three families minimum just north of me in Steinbach. We've all been donating.

It's hard to be in a new land. Not know the language. Or the culture. We have a bit of an advantage because many Syrians are bilingual as are many Canucks. So that helps ease a family into their new environment.

But it's still a long way from home. Our Mennonite community is famous for the work they do. They are one of the few charitable organizations I give heavily to. Amazing folks. And I trust them implicitly that when I donate to them they aren't paying themselves huge salaries like the Red Cross people and that what I am giving will get to those in need.

Unprecedented Response Towards Refugees

Unprecedented Response Towards Refugees - Steinbachonline.com

Forum List

Back