Canned Tuna

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
Northern WI.
`
What kind do you like? I buy "Bumble Bee" Albacore in Pesto and Olive oil. I don't care for tuna in water. Tuna stored in oil has a much longer shelf life. I use it for sandwiches and the occasional casserole. Good survival food.
`

Just saying...

s-l1000.jpg

`
What kind do you like? I buy "Bumble Bee" Albacore in Pesto and Olive oil. I don't care for tuna in water. Tuna stored in oil has a much longer shelf life. I use it for sandwiches and the occasional casserole. Good survival food.
`
I detest it.

`
`

I don't eat it any more because of concerns about mercury but I when I did I used Albacore in water. Don't care for oily tuna and hey, it's in a can so it's not gonna spoil. I didn't really follow a brand, whatever was cost-efficient.

I'd make a tuna salad with just a small dollop of mayo and substitute the rest with cottage cheese. Then add celery, sweet onion and grated carrot works well in there.

I don't eat it any more because of concerns about mercury but I when I did I used Albacore in water. Don't care for oily tuna and hey, it's in a can so it's not gonna spoil. I didn't really follow a brand, whatever was cost-efficient.I'd make a tuna salad with just a small dollop of mayo and substitute the rest with cottage cheese. Then add celery, sweet onion and grated carrot works well in there.
`
I just use onions, pickles and this Penzey seasoning (special blend) called "Fox Point.". Oil adds calories but it's more nutritious.

I don't eat it any more because of concerns about mercury but I when I did I used Albacore in water. Don't care for oily tuna and hey, it's in a can so it's not gonna spoil. I didn't really follow a brand, whatever was cost-efficient.I'd make a tuna salad with just a small dollop of mayo and substitute the rest with cottage cheese. Then add celery, sweet onion and grated carrot works well in there.
`
I just use onions, pickles and this Penzey seasoning (special blend) called "Fox Point.". Oil adds calories but it's more nutritious.

Looks like an interesting blend but I have an aversion to pre-blended spices. I like experimenting way too much to surrender control to somebody else's recipe. ;)

I could see tossing some capers in, depending on my mood.... or artichoke? :eusa_think:

I like tuna in water, the stuff in oil is too greasy for my taste. A little bit of horseradish sauce mixed in makes for a delicious sandwich, especially on pumpernickel.

`
`

I get the bumble bee albacore in the gold can....tuna salad is one of the best sandwiches you can eat

I love canned tuna! :04:

I loved all the better brands....I particularly like the smoked flavoured ones.....in olive oil of course YUM!

I eat all the time a tuna salad with lettuce and eggs that looks similar to that....it's so delicious and low in calories

I love love love it! getting hungry now LOL

`
`

I get the bumble bee albacore in the gold can....tuna salad is one of the best sandwiches you can eat
About the only way I eat it.
The minute someone cooks it in a casserole though I can't stand it.

I usually buy water packed tuna but sometimes add a little olive oil to my tuna mixes...along with chopped onion, pickles, celery, tad of mayo, crushed pineapple and /or hot sauce. Depends what I have on hand.
Now I want one for lunch.:smile:

Nearly 100% of the tuna I eat ....I catch(yellowfin). I do have a stash of Sardimar en agua that comes off the coast where I live.

Forum List

Back