Carly Fiorina (R-CA) would "neutralize" Clinton's "gender card"

Since Hillary won't be the Democrat nominee part of the argument is shot to Hell already. But that does leave the Fauxahontas wild card. Still, history says the convention choice will be a minority male with not much in the way of baggage attributable to a lack of experience and definitely NONE in the nasty capitalist private sector.

The GOP actually thinks the only reason Hillary has so much support is because she is a woman. They think a token woman from their side will drain all that support. It's the same silly reason that gave us Sarah.
You elected a man just because he was black, no other reason. Hillary has been a failure, her entire life. So yes, she is getting support because she is a woman.
And exactly that kind of thinking helped elect President Obama in 2008 and 2012.
No, Obama was pretty much unknown till the presidential election, and the media could hide his prior history. Hillary cannot hide from her past failures.

Obama gave the keynote address at the 2004 Democratic Convention

Nailed it
Like I said nobody knew him.

Republicans obviously didn't

That's why they were blindsided in 2008

You elected a man just because he was black, no other reason. Hillary has been a failure, her entire life. So yes, she is getting support because she is a woman.
And exactly that kind of thinking helped elect President Obama in 2008 and 2012.
No, Obama was pretty much unknown till the presidential election, and the media could hide his prior history. Hillary cannot hide from her past failures.

Nailed it

I believe Hillary would say different.

Sure looks like Fiorina is about to take a longshot bid for the WH:

Republican Fiorina says she would neutralize Clinton s gender card Reuters

r

Source: REUTERS/GRETCHEN ERTL

I see her looking more for some type
Former Hewlett-Packard chief executive Carly Fiorina said on Thursday if she were to become the Republican presidential nominee in 2016, she would neutralize Democrat Hillary Clinton's argument that she would be the first woman president in the United States.

Fiorina, who lost a bid for a U.S. Senate seat from California in 2010, said she is seriously considering a presidential bid.

She is currently visiting early voting states and talking to reporters frequently to build a case for why she has a chance against a host of rivals that includes former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.

On Thursday, she spoke to a roomful of reporters at a breakfast hosted by the Christian Science Monitor newspaper, and she had Clinton in her sights. Clinton announced on Sunday she will seek the Democratic presidential nomination.

"If Hillary Clinton were to face a female nominee, there are a whole set of things that she won't be able to talk about. She won't be able to talk about being the first woman president. She won't be able to talk about a war on women without being challenged. She won't be able to play the gender card," Fiorina said.

To date, Carly Fiorina has no campaign staff and no organizational planning in any of the 50 states. If she is really serious about running, she will need to get her organization going pretty soon, imo.

But she said some interesting things.

Discuss. Could Fiorina be the first GOP presidential nominee?? Or is she auditioning for a VP slot on a Bush or Walker ticket?
I see her looking for some type of cabinet position or advisor role I can't see someone with no political experience as President or VP. While she is in the race though she will able to go after Hillary hard and not be labeled sexist especially on things like abortion and equal pay for women.

SAY NO TO IDENTITY POLITICS. We don't need purposeful division...We need unity!

Focus on Infrastructure, science, r&d, education and building our middle class!!!

Nailed it

Your right, we didn't think a unqualified man would run. The concept he getting elected, just because he is black. Also caught us off guard.

Nailed it

Your right, we didn't think a unqualified man would run. The concept he getting elected, just because he is black. Also caught us off guard.
He was qualified to beat the best available Republican by a two to one margin

Nailed it

Being black is not a qualification, we are figuring out now.

Nailed it

Being black is not a qualification, we are figuring out now.
What are they constitutional qualifications to be President?

Getting twice the votes of your opponent happens to be one of them

Nailed it

What happened to cause you guys to lose the second time? You definitely knew about him then.

Forum List

Back