Cars in Flames as Brush Fire Jumps Freeway

Thanks Obama!
sorry....darrell isa was spotted leaving that area in quite a hurry....
animal0019.gif

I find it hard to believe they couldn't just drive through the fire because that has happened before, driving through the fire, so I suspect something caused traffic to backup leaving them vulnerable to the approaching wildfire

Unbelievable! I noted this and found it to be bizarre..... The report said no injuries? Had they stayed in their cars as the fire officials urged them to do they would have been burned alive in their cars!

clip from your article:
Capt. Josh Wilkins from the SBCF confirmed several structures had caught fire. At least five homes were swallowed by the flames.

Fire officials urged commuters to stay in their cars because, "water drops can severly injure you." But, as the 3,500-acre brush fire shut down the freeway, the NBC4 live stream showed stranded commuters, faces covered, walking along the edge of the freeway as they tried to escape the fire.
________
Thank God they didn't listen to the fire officials telling them to stay in their cars!

I find it hard to believe they couldn't just drive through the fire because that has happened before, driving through the fire, so I suspect something caused traffic to backup leaving them vulnerable to the approaching wildfire

They didn't. They had to get out of their cars and walk - the fire officials were telling them to stay in their cars. Had they done that they would have burned up - from the photos I saw.

Forum List

Back