Catholic Republicans wonder about Vance's views on in-vitro fertilization

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024

My own view is that IVF is immoral and should therefore not be legal. However, we don't live in a very Catholic world. I would never vote against a Republican, wouldn't support a dim no matter what. There are tons of issues the Rs get right and the dims... well, as Senator John Kennedy said (paraphrase? No, I think this is verbatim)

The Republicans aren't perfect but the democrats are crazy

However, that said, I don't like how a lot of Rs are supporting IVF.

Maybe if we get Rs elected and hopefully, some time in the future, get rid of the D party altogether

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:, we can some day have more morally-healthy policies.

It looks like the Catholics might have to make a choice. Will they accept a couple trying to conceive, or do they want to murder millions of unborn babies?

My own view is that IVF is immoral and should therefore not be legal.

Look, all religious considerations aside, IVF is simply a medical procedure which may help some couples have kids who, for whatever medical reasons, have difficulty otherwise conceiving in the womb. Not much different than a mother taking a drug to help her conceive or carry a baby. I don't see the big problem here.

Except that Vance is helping make the case why Harris/Walz are running a campaign below the radar. By saying nothing, you have nothing to attack.
Vance talks constantly giving views and opinions which are then misinterpreted or misconstrued, turned around, and used against him.

Maybe Vance should just shut the hell up and say he's not a doctor and that government should stay out of medicine. IVF should be a decision between a mother and her doctor.

Somebody needs to educate Trump/Vance on the subject.

IVF likely discards hundreds of viable embryos for every one that is successful.

Forum List

Back