CDC extends eviction moratorium...

Couchpotato

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2021

So why even have a Constitution or the judicial system if we are just going to do whatever the fuck we want anyway?

Also if this were that important why isnt the media beating up Congress? Were the members unaware that the moratorium was expiring? How many times are we going to be in an "emergency" situation because the Congress just didnt do their job?

The CDC sets policy all the time. Settle down.
This was deemed illegal by the courts, appealed and upheld by SCOTUS. The only reason it wasn't stopped immediately was because it was going to expire (per the SCOTUS opinion). So instead of passing a law (you know the job of Congress) we are just going to ignore the way the system is supposed to work and knowingly do something illegal. SOLID.

Eventually, the corporations that run the world won't even need the pretense of governments anymore, they will just own everyone and everything outright.

:rolleyes:

So why even have a Constitution or the judicial system if we are just going to do whatever the fuck we want anyway?

Also if this were that important why isnt the media beating up Congress? Were the members unaware that the moratorium was expiring? How many times are we going to be in an "emergency" situation because the Congress just didnt do their job?
If the states will get off their derrieres and fully open up schools, parents will be able to send the kids to school and then they can get off their own butts and get to work, since there are "Help Wanted" signs literally everywhere.
As to obeying the Constitution, I recall one of the Democrat leaders saying, "the Constitution only holds power if you obey it." Clearly, the meaning was, simply don't obey it any longer. This extension beyond the Supreme Courts decision and being un-Constitutional is a good example of their disregard for the Constitution and the Supreme Court.

It's a sad outcome do to some members of Congress who put their job before the fact that families were soon to be put out on the streets.

Irony ^ coming from a Trumpist ;)
When did the Trump Admin in the face of a court ruling upheld by SCOTUS just say MEH they dont know what they are talking about Im just going to do what ever the hell I want....? Like Trump or dont like Trump, but as far as I remember he worked inside the left and right lateral limits of the office. This current action is well outside those.

When did the Trump Admin in the face of a court ruling upheld by SCOTUS just say MEH they dont know what they are talking about Im just going to do what ever the hell I want....? Like Trump or dont like Trump, but as far as I remember he worked inside the left and right lateral limits of the office. This current action is well outside those.
How about when he continued to send Rudy, Sidney and his other idiots out for more after 50 straight court losses?

How about when he continued to send Rudy, Sidney and his other idiots out for more after 50 straight court losses?
There weren’t court cases prohibiting him from doing that you dolt. Doing something you don’t like doesn’t equate to doing something illegal. I know that hurts your heart but.....

There weren’t court cases prohibiting him from doing that you dolt. Doing something you don’t like doesn’t equate to doing something illegal. I know that hurts your heart but.....
You are terminally ill-informed

The Trump administration has blatantly ignored a Supreme Court ruling telling it to stop dismantling the federal program to protect undocumented immigrants brought here as children. Now — perhaps inevitably — a federal judge says the administration is ignoring another Supreme Court ruling that extends civil rights protections to gay, lesbian and transgender Americans.​
This emerging pattern of a White House simply ignoring the high court is dangerous in ways that even congressional Republicans should understand. Yet they persist in their silence.​
The Supreme Court in June ruled that the administration hadn’t justified its moves to dismantle the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program and ordered it to stop. The program provides two-year renewable reprieves from deportation for undocumented immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children through no fault of their own, and who meet conditions including finishing school and having no criminal record. Some 650,000 young people are protected under the program, which is strongly supported by both parties.​
Despite the court’s ruling, the administration has continued undermining the program, rejecting all new applications and cutting the reprieve period to one year. Whatever position Americans take on the immigration issue, they should be uniformly outraged at any president who simply ignores a Supreme Court ruling. The implications are staggering.​

Forum List

Back