CDC studies gun crime in Delware city...discovers the cause...criminals, with long criminal records

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes...the vaunted CDC studied gun crime in a city in Delaware.......and discovered that the cause of gun murder in the city.......violent criminals with long histories of violence and crime..........not normal people......

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/25/us/cdc-gun-violence-wilmington.html?_r=0

When epidemiologists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention came to this city, they were not here to track an outbreak of meningitis or study the effectiveness of a particular vaccine.

They were here to examine gun violence.

This city of about 70,000 had a 45 percent jump in shootings from 2011 to 2013, and the violence has remained stubbornly high; 25 shooting deaths have been reported this year, slightly more than last year, according to the mayor’s office
.-------

The final report, which has been submitted to the state, reached a conclusion that many here said they already knew: that there are certain patterns in the lives of many who commit gun violence.

“The majority of individuals involved in urban firearm violence are young men with substantial violence involvement preceding the more serious offense of a firearm crime,”

the report said. “Our findings suggest that integrating data systems could help these individuals better receive the early, comprehensive help that they need to prevent violence involvement.”

Researchers analyzed data on 569 people charged with firearm crimes from 2009 to May 21, 2014, and looked for certain risk factors in their lives, such as whether they had been unemployed, had received help from assistance programs, had been possible victims of child abuse, or had been shot or stabbed. The idea was to show that linking such data could create a better understanding of who might need help before becoming involved in violence.

Wow.....the CDC could have just asked me.......I could have told them that....and I didn't even get paid to do it...

“You’ve got maybe a few hundred holding the city hostage,” a county councilman, Jea P. Street, said.

Anyone who follows my posts here on U.S. message....already knows this...because I have posted about this over and over again....and again....I didn't get paid.....Maybe I should go work for the CDC....they also study zombie viruses.........

By the way......Delaware gets a B- for gun control from the Brady Campaign to Deny Citizens their Civil Rights......

Yes...the vaunted CDC studied gun crime in a city in Delaware.......and discovered that the cause of gun murder in the city.......violent criminals with long histories of violence and crime..........not normal people......

When epidemiologists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention came to this city, they were not here to track an outbreak of meningitis or study the effectiveness of a particular vaccine.

This city of about 70,000 had a 45 percent jump in shootings from 2011 to 2013, and the violence has remained stubbornly high; 25 shooting deaths have been reported this year, slightly more than last year, according to the mayor’s office
.-------

The final report, which has been submitted to the state, reached a conclusion that many here said they already knew: that there are certain patterns in the lives of many who commit gun violence.

“The majority of individuals involved in urban firearm violence are young men with substantial violence involvement preceding the more serious offense of a firearm crime,”

the report said. “Our findings suggest that integrating data systems could help these individuals better receive the early, comprehensive help that they need to prevent violence involvement.”

Researchers analyzed data on 569 people charged with firearm crimes from 2009 to May 21, 2014, and looked for certain risk factors in their lives, such as whether they had been unemployed, had received help from assistance programs, had been possible victims of child abuse, or had been shot or stabbed. The idea was to show that linking such data could create a better understanding of who might need help before becoming involved in violence.

Wow.....the CDC could have just asked me.......I could have told them that....and I didn't even get paid to do it...

In the past I have heard of Profiles that can identify these actors early.

If we were just to identify them early and keep them in prison until they are past their hormone filled Youth, they could mostly be allowed out and have somewhat of a life, while causing much less damage.

Instead we ignore the trends, and wait until they get themselves killed or commit enough crime to be in prison till they are old or dead.

.-------

Hysterically funny, in a sadly twisted sort of way.

Forum List

Back