Census and Race

Ten points to all who can identify and list all 5 races that are recognized by the US Census. 15 points go to the first lefty who can list all 5 races without evading or trying to derail the thread.

Any takers?
White, black, native American, Pacific Islander, and Asian.

I know what you're getting at, but they divide white into Hispanic and non-hispanic.

I know what you're getting at, but they divide white into Hispanic and non-hispanic.
From the Census web site:

Hispanic origin can be viewed as the heritage, nationality, lineage, or country of birth of the person or the person’s parents or ancestors before arriving in the United States. People who identify as Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish may be any race.

Hispanic Origin

What race would I be in the United States? Indians and Pakistanis are Asian, and Europeans and Middle Eastern/Northafricans are White. So would I be bi-racial with my genetic results? Or do they take roma as a seperate group into account or as a mixture of their genetic components?

AncestryComposition.jpg

What race would I be in the United States? Indians and Pakistanis are Asian, and Europeans and Middle Eastern/Northafricans are White. So would I be bi-racial with my genetic results? Or do they take roma as a seperate group into account or as a mixture of their genetic components?

View attachment 297483
You might just be a white guy. My makeup is complicated like that too. The closest racial background to mine is AOC. I am not a fan of Ocrazio Cortez, but my research shows she has an almost identical makeup as I do.

View attachment 297483
You might just be a white guy. My makeup is complicated like that too. The closest racial background to mine is AOC. I am not a fan of Ocrazio Cortez, but my research shows she has an almost identical makeup as I do.
I always identified as brown and since in school I heard roma people originate in india, and indians are also brown. I identified basically in this way brown>indian/roma. I identified basically that way because I look brown. But Im not sure whether it would be really correct to check only asian/indian for many purposes that would be wrong, for example Im not as privileged, rich, and such. And I have stereotypes, stigmas to overcome indians dont. For a entry or permission into a university it would be a disadvantage for me, because asians must fullfill higher criteria then whites, because they are privileged, blacks the lowest, but roma have none of those privileges.

From the Census web site:

Hispanic origin can be viewed as the heritage, nationality, lineage, or country of birth of the person or the person’s parents or ancestors before arriving in the United States. People who identify as Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish may be any race.

Hispanic Origin
I bet the question will be white, or white non-hispanic.

Have they already printed them? Do we know for sure what they will look like?

Forum List

Back