Chain Letter E-Mails

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Early in May the story about the government spying on e-mails broke:

"Not only does the FBI claim it can read emails and other electronic communications without a warrant — even after a federal appeals court ruled that doing so violates the Fourth Amendment — but the documents strongly suggest that different U.S. Attorneys’ offices around the country are applying conflicting standards to access communications content," he wrote.

FBI may be reading emails without a warrant
May 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM ET

FBI may be reading emails without a warrant* - NBC News.com

There’s a ton of opinions, countless video clips, and articles about the NSA spying on Americans. The coverage of that one scandal was probably doubled thanks to the questions being asked about Edward Snowden’s legal status. Is he a whistle blower? or is he a traitor? I lean toward the latter, but I haven’t purchased the rope just yet.

To date, everything printed and said has been nutritious political health food instead of the government’s fat-food the media usually feeds to the country. Barack Taqiyya’s media is still dishing out sugar-sweet crapola on the immigration bill, the ACA, the economy, infanticide, and so on.

For all the NSA’s sins I always thought e-mail snooping was the one that had the least to do with national security. E-mail snooping is pure politics for the obvious reason. The government wants to know who is copying and pasting conservative commentaries to e-mails —— and who is receiving those e-mails.

It does not take a genius to identify conservatives who publish their views online or anywhere else. Identifying the people who read those views has long been a problem for Democrats. Look closely and you’ll see that the NSA has solved the problem; that is finding out who is disseminating conservative commentary by e-mail. You can bet that the information will be shared; so tracing e-mail chain letters is the most efficient way for the IRS to identify and compile lists of conservatives for the purpose of punishing them.

Research the government trying to find out who was reading which books in a public library if you doubt my take on this.

E-mail snooping will not identify and target every conservative, but it will fill a large space in an area that had been empty before the NSA and FBI began snooping. Just think how many conservatives will be scooped up in those chain e-mails that go from conservative to conservative. Hänsel and Gretel could not have devised a clearer trail to follow.

Serendipitously, Democrats can also determine who is NOT reading liberal garbage. Listing those Americans who don’t get the message has been the Democrat party’s goal for decades.

Oh c'mon, Attackwatch has been doing this since that site first came out. But honestly, there are plenty of reasons conservatives need to stop with the chain emails. Worrying about being spied on isn't even the top of the list. What conservatives need to do instead of passing on chain emails that get debunked or even placed into hoax-busting sites (not only your political sites like Factcheck) is to start keeping tabs on the numbers of democrat chain emails floating around. And IMO a whole lot more chain letters coming from the left need to be exposed and debunked on places like Truthorfiction as well as Politifact. They call their mass emails "Action alerts" or "Outreach" but it's democrat chain letters. The media is so bi-partisan and biased, and full of crappy agendas that it's revolting. Back to the email spying thing, you do remember Obama's big chain letter site Attackwatch, don't you? I kid you not, it is a chain letter. It does the best it can to vilify anyone on the non-left, and try shoving everyone who isn't democrat into the same kettle with the far-right fringe. Attackwatch also does a lot of urging for people to share it, buy their stuff, turn people in who spread conservative chain letters or simply express any personally written opinion that doesn't tow the democrat party line.

Count me in for the rope fund.

To blastoff: You’re in. I’ll let you know where to send the check.

Oh c'mon, Attackwatch has been doing this since that site first came out. But honestly, there are plenty of reasons conservatives need to stop with the chain emails. Worrying about being spied on isn't even the top of the list. What conservatives need to do instead of passing on chain emails that get debunked or even placed into hoax-busting sites (not only your political sites like Factcheck) is to start keeping tabs on the numbers of democrat chain emails floating around. And IMO a whole lot more chain letters coming from the left need to be exposed and debunked on places like Truthorfiction as well as Politifact. They call their mass emails "Action alerts" or "Outreach" but it's democrat chain letters. The media is so bi-partisan and biased, and full of crappy agendas that it's revolting. Back to the email spying thing, you do remember Obama's big chain letter site Attackwatch, don't you? I kid you not, it is a chain letter. It does the best it can to vilify anyone on the non-left, and try shoving everyone who isn't democrat into the same kettle with the far-right fringe. Attackwatch also does a lot of urging for people to share it, buy their stuff, turn people in who spread conservative chain letters or simply express any personally written opinion that doesn't tow the democrat party line.

To Gretel: Websites do not have sophisticated programs that can follow e-mail chain letters to the people who receive them, not to mention the lawsuits that would be involved.

Suggesting that conservatives stop sending chain letters is suggesting putting limits on the number of people conservative voices reach; in some cases it even silences them.

Exposing the content of the Left’s chain letters also spreads the message beyond the scope of the chain letter.

Incidentally, the facts show that the government, the IRS, specifically targeted conservative groups only. So there is every reason to believe the government will do the same with the names of conservatives harvested from chain letter e-mails while giving the Left protection.

Forum List

Back