Charges: Bemidji man shot 17-year-old girl after she told him not to ride mower in..

Suspected drunk driver kills FIVE people in wrong-way crash near Houston | Mail Online

Obviously this is a reflection on every single person who drinks alcohol, has ever drank alcohol, bought alcohol, served alcohol, or ever defended the freedom of Americans to drink responsibly!!!

On the other hand, maybe the thrust of this thread is idiotic.

The man who attacked the teenager does NOT represent firearm owners.

That seems to be the insinuation the OP is making.

That one person committing an unconscionable criminal act with a firearm somehow taints the right to bear arms or the right to self defense.

Perhaps I'm mistaken...but only the OP can clarify his intent.

He'd have used a knife or heavy object, Danny Rollings used knives to kill five, in Gainesville, Florida.

If only she'd had a gun.
Silly girl.
She should listen to the nice men at the NRA...they know what they're selling...errr...talking about.

Suspected drunk driver kills FIVE people in wrong-way crash near Houston | Mail Online

Obviously this is a reflection on every single person who drinks alcohol, has ever drank alcohol, bought alcohol, served alcohol, or ever defended the freedom of Americans to drink responsibly!!!

That one person committing an unconscionable criminal act with a firearm somehow taints the right to bear arms or the right to self defense.

Clarify what intent?

This guy should not have had a gun.

Period.

And the NRA made damn sure he had one.

Simple as that.

Tell that to the idiot that started this thread.

Because guys like this need to have unrestricted, unquestioned right to guns because... um... Freedom.

Yes, freedom, even though it makes you crap your panties.

Letting insane people purchase guns is not "freedom".

It's just stupid.

Hate to point out the obvious, but he passed a background check, which means that background checks don't do what you want them to do.

Yet you support them.

Thus, you are the stupid one in this conversation.

QED

Clarify what intent?

This guy should not have had a gun.

Period.

And the NRA made damn sure he had one.

Simple as that.

Wrong Kemosabe...the Constitution's Bill of Rights did that.

So what is your solution?

Pre-crime?

Guilty till proven innocent?

The guy was a corrections officer, a veteran, and had a background check when he bought the weapon.

What do you propose?

Her Yard.

The nerve of this 17 year old girl right?

BEMIDJI, Minn. — A northern Minnesota man was charged Wednesday with shooting a 17-year-old girl several times after authorities say she told him not to ride his lawn mower through her yard.

Chad Pickering, 40, of Bemidji appeared in Beltrami County court on a felony charge of attempted first-degree murder. Bail was set at $300,000.

Pickering shot the teen three times as she stood on the deck of her home Monday night, the criminal complaint said. The teen was shot in her chest, right thigh and left ankle. She was taken to a Duluth hospital.

Pickering is due back in court Monday. A phone message left for his public defender was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Records show Pickering is in custody in the Beltrami County Jail. A message left on the jail's voicemail for inmates was not immediately returned.

The teen told authorities she had gone outside to tie up her barking dog when she saw the shadow of someone crouching in the yard. She said she heard three gunshots and felt bullets striking her. The teen said she fell on the deck and had to pull herself into the house, because she could not walk, to call 911.

Investigators said they found three spent .45-caliber shells in the grass near the deck. Authorities also found an area about 75 to 100 feet south of the home where someone apparently had been lying in the grass beneath a pine tree.
Charges: Bemidji man shot 17-year-old girl after she told him not to ride mower in her yard | Star Tribune

Maybe he will get off on "Stand Your Ground" (on other people's property).

I don't think anyone is claiming self defense are they? More stupid bullshit from a stupid bull shitter.

The guy deserves the death penalty for his actions, but I'm sure you and your liberals fucktards will think that is cruel and unusual punishment.

I don't think the guy should be rewarded for being a failure. Anyone who defends the bastard from the death penalty, deserves the same. Let's get rid of the bastards that defend violence.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Her Yard.

BEMIDJI, Minn. — A northern Minnesota man was charged Wednesday with shooting a 17-year-old girl several times after authorities say she told him not to ride his lawn mower through her yard.

Chad Pickering, 40, of Bemidji appeared in Beltrami County court on a felony charge of attempted first-degree murder. Bail was set at $300,000.

Pickering shot the teen three times as she stood on the deck of her home Monday night, the criminal complaint said. The teen was shot in her chest, right thigh and left ankle. She was taken to a Duluth hospital.

Pickering is due back in court Monday. A phone message left for his public defender was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Records show Pickering is in custody in the Beltrami County Jail. A message left on the jail's voicemail for inmates was not immediately returned.

The teen told authorities she had gone outside to tie up her barking dog when she saw the shadow of someone crouching in the yard. She said she heard three gunshots and felt bullets striking her. The teen said she fell on the deck and had to pull herself into the house, because she could not walk, to call 911.

Investigators said they found three spent .45-caliber shells in the grass near the deck. Authorities also found an area about 75 to 100 feet south of the home where someone apparently had been lying in the grass beneath a pine tree.
Charges: Bemidji man shot 17-year-old girl after she told him not to ride mower in her yard | Star Tribune

Yeah, it's just not funny

Sad story, hope she fully recovers, hope he gets a life sentence, but no you cannot have my guns or my gun rights.

Because guys like this need to have unrestricted, unquestioned right to guns because... um... Freedom.

No, concerns me is that people who are clearly unbalanced - you know, like hunting down a twitter profile when you disagree with someone on the internet- have easy access to guns.

And when one of you listens to the voices in your head and mow down a theatre or a school, well, we should all tolerate that because you know, "Freedom".

I'll take sanity over "Freedom" any day. They Freest guy out there is the Stew-bum talking to the lamppost.

Her Yard.

I don't think anyone is claiming self defense are they? More stupid bullshit from a stupid bull shitter.

The guy deserves the death penalty for his actions, but I'm sure you and your liberals fucktards will think that is cruel and unusual punishment.

I don't think the guy should be rewarded for being a failure. Anyone who defends the bastard from the death penalty, deserves the same. Let's get rid of the bastards that defend violence.

You mean like the NRA?

And all the Assholes who wanted to give Zimmerman a medal?

Incidentally, MN doesn't have a death penalty and the girl didn't die.

But here's a case where a guy with no criminal record shot someone. Maybe he was having a really bad day and flipped out.

and he had easy access to a gun.

It's just stupid.

Hate to point out the obvious, but he passed a background check, which means that background checks don't do what you want them to do.

Yet you support them.

QED

No, it tells me background checks are inadequate.

Her Yard.

You mean like the NRA?

And all the Assholes who wanted to give Zimmerman a medal?

Incidentally, MN doesn't have a death penalty and the girl didn't die.

But here's a case where a guy with no criminal record shot someone. Maybe he was having a really bad day and flipped out.

and he had easy access to a gun.

A "bad day"? Shooting someone and it's just a "bad day". "Incidentally" I don't care if Minnesota has a death penalty or not, he had a "bad day" and wounded his target instead of killing his target. His intent was to kill, attempted murder is the same in my book, the murderer was an idiot and couldn't accomplish his intent.

I never said Zimmerman deserved any medal, did I. I have stated my position numerous times. This isn't anything near the same as Zimmerman, false equivalent. You are amusing where you defend a guy having a "bad day", which he may or may not have been having however you want prison time for a guy that defended himself. Really messed up.

America is going down the drain when an innocent teenager can't even stand on her own front porch without someone trying to kill her.
Yes... because the US is the only country that has crazy people.
:cuckoo:
Last mass shooting in Australia was in 1996. And you think we have a problem?
To deny that every country has an issue with crazy people is to deny reality.
Why do you deny reality?

It's just stupid.
It's also illegal:

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person
(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
(2) is a fugitive from justice;
(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUTE-82/pdf/STATUTE-82-Pg1213-2.pdf

And so, your implication that we allow it is either ignorant or dishonest.

No, concerns me is that people who are clearly unbalanced - you know, like hunting down a twitter profile when you disagree with someone on the internet- have easy access to guns.

And when one of you listens to the voices in your head and mow down a theatre or a school, well, we should all tolerate that because you know, "Freedom".

I'll take sanity over "Freedom" any day. They Freest guy out there is the Stew-bum talking to the lamppost.

Like I said, freedom makes you crap your pants.

It's just stupid.

Yet you support them.

QED

No, it tells me background checks are inadequate.

That is what I said, they don't fucking work. Yet you continue to support them.

And then call me stupid for pointing out they don't work.

Forum List

Back