Charlie Rose should be fired

I tuned into the CBS evening news half way through last night, which is usually not something that sends me screaming from the room. But there was Charlie Rose (I thought he worked for PBS?) scolding Bernie Sanders as if he were a 2nd grader that had just been caught fighting on the playground. Rose refused to even acknowledge Sanders' (valid) points, gave him a good scolding and then put an entire formal apology to Clinton in Sanders' mouth and pretty much demanded he agree to it.
It was the most disgusting piece of journalistic "interviewing" I've seen this election cycle.

Rose (and by extension his employers) has proven he is more a Democrat's Rush Limbaugh than a serious journalist. He could only prove his professionalism by giving the EXACT same treatment to Hillary.

Bernie Sanders: I attacked Hillary Clinton because she attacked me

I love how every time anyone tries to hold Bernie accountable for anything, his people start yelling about the "media".

no one has taken more BS than Hillary Clinton. the fact that Bernie, who is not nearly as "qualified" as she (no matter what your political beliefs may be) called her unqualified in a fit of pique is his problem. he has to answer for it.

no one is doing anything wrong by challenging him. everyone gets challenged. there aren't any sacred cows.

OMG - jillian defends the Democrat front runner...WOW!!!!

Not

I tuned into the CBS evening news half way through last night, which is usually not something that sends me screaming from the room. But there was Charlie Rose (I thought he worked for PBS?) scolding Bernie Sanders as if he were a 2nd grader that had just been caught fighting on the playground. Rose refused to even acknowledge Sanders' (valid) points, gave him a good scolding and then put an entire formal apology to Clinton in Sanders' mouth and pretty much demanded he agree to it.
It was the most disgusting piece of journalistic "interviewing" I've seen this election cycle.

Rose (and by extension his employers) has proven he is more a Democrat's Rush Limbaugh than a serious journalist. He could only prove his professionalism by giving the EXACT same treatment to Hillary.

so bernie could not defend himself?....

I think her point is that that's not what a journalist is supposed to be doing. That's what candidates are expected to do.

I suspect it's got something to do with his moving from non-commercial to commercial broadcasting. This is what happens -- you're expected to stir the shit to drive ratings. Because after all once you go down that road it has to be about ratings, not journalism.

I haven't seen much of Rose on CBS but when he was on PBS he'd do his interviews with fair, curious and open-ended questions. PBS after all isn't selling anything.
but she said that rose gave him a good scolding and then put an entire formal apology to Clinton in Sanders' mouth and pretty much demanded he agree to it.....so like i said,bernie just lets that happen without defending himself?.....

STILL not the point. Read it again.

I journalist/interviewer is supposed to be ferreting out information ---- not waging attacks. It's not the interviewee's job to correct an errant interviewer's behaviour -- it's his employer's.

What I'm saying is I suspect his employer actually put him up to it in order to sell soap.

What you're saying sounds like, the kid throws his meal on the floor and you say to the parent, "what, are you unable to clean that up?"
i think you are missing my point pogo....

I love how every time anyone tries to hold Bernie accountable for anything, his people start yelling about the "media".

no one has taken more BS than Hillary Clinton. the fact that Bernie, who is not nearly as "qualified" as she (no matter what your political beliefs may be) called her unqualified in a fit of pique is his problem. he has to answer for it.

no one is doing anything wrong by challenging him. everyone gets challenged. there aren't any sacred cows.

Not

awwww.... .poor baby. tissue?

we know the rightwingnuts love Bernie because he's easier to beat. *shrug*

But there was Charlie Rose (I thought he worked for PBS?) scolding Bernie Sanders as if he were a 2nd grader that had just been caught fighting on the playground. Rose refused to even acknowledge Sanders' (valid) points, gave him a good scolding and then put an entire formal apology to Clinton in Sanders' mouth and pretty much demanded he agree to it.

Librats always think its unfair when their candidate is grilled but when Trump is cross examined its fair game and open season.

tumblr_mtsedg7Sug1rudjcro1_1280.jpg

Yeah Charlie Rose is usually very good but this one was dumb. You have to give it to Sanders he is pretty easy going and just answered the questions and said "if you treat me with respect that is what you get back, if not then yada yada".

I think her point is that that's not what a journalist is supposed to be doing. That's what candidates are expected to do.

I suspect it's got something to do with his moving from non-commercial to commercial broadcasting. This is what happens -- you're expected to stir the shit to drive ratings. Because after all once you go down that road it has to be about ratings, not journalism.

I haven't seen much of Rose on CBS but when he was on PBS he'd do his interviews with fair, curious and open-ended questions. PBS after all isn't selling anything.
but she said that rose gave him a good scolding and then put an entire formal apology to Clinton in Sanders' mouth and pretty much demanded he agree to it.....so like i said,bernie just lets that happen without defending himself?.....

I journalist/interviewer is supposed to be ferreting out information ---- not waging attacks. It's not the interviewee's job to correct an errant interviewer's behaviour -- it's his employer's.

What I'm saying is I suspect his employer actually put him up to it in order to sell soap.

What you're saying sounds like, the kid throws his meal on the floor and you say to the parent, "what, are you unable to clean that up?"
Does that surprise you?

If Sanders can't deal with a media personality that is friendly to his political leanings he has no business in the Oval Office.
Sanders is easily bullied

oK. Where's The Chosen(self chosen)?. I feel an " Charlie is antisemitic"bleat coming.

I am a jew------in fact considered a REALLY DIRTY ZIONIST----by your colleagues.
I see no evidence in CHARLIE of anti-Semitism either during that silly interview or for the past------MANY DECADES of his career. I have never encountered such a charge by ANYONE against Charlie The interview made me ITCH based on the
silliness of both participants

Not

awwww.... .poor baby. tissue?

we know the rightwingnuts love Bernie because he's easier to beat. *shrug*

yeah...pretty funny.
I don't cowtail to anyone. Trump is a f*cking joke. Hillary is only worse in a sense that she will be there to serve the coporations and special interest just like Obama has. Obama has been the greatest purveyor of trickledown economics this country has ever seen. But you are way-way too partisan blind to see it.

But there was Charlie Rose (I thought he worked for PBS?) scolding Bernie Sanders as if he were a 2nd grader that had just been caught fighting on the playground. Rose refused to even acknowledge Sanders' (valid) points, gave him a good scolding and then put an entire formal apology to Clinton in Sanders' mouth and pretty much demanded he agree to it.

Librats always think its unfair when their candidate is grilled but when Trump is cross examined its fair game and open season.

that's funny from thin-skinned rightwingnuts .

Does that surprise you?

If Sanders can't deal with a media personality that is friendly to his political leanings he has no business in the Oval Office.

he's cranky and whiny.

and thin-skinned.

although not nearly as thin-skinned as the Donald....who may be the thinnest skinned person I've ever seen in politics

Does that surprise you?

well that was my point.....why could not bernie get back in the guys face?.....

Accept when its attacking Trump or Cruz right?

7016028-3x2-940x627.jpg

5698a0652a00002c0003093f.jpeg

Demorats are off limits?

ta6e98d_demorat.jpg

-4TmGO.gif

tumblr_lwt9kmMbPY1r92bbio1_500.jpg

c67c6fd92582294f775b16395de246ea.jpg

41e8255a-4311-4100-87e0-d303e5bbf7bb.jpg

tumblr_nx9gxshxMj1qe6vsbo6_400.gif

Bullshit!

Hillary Clinton was a Senator and Sec. of State and that is true but she and her staff and supporters like you have been bashing Sanders and he has the right to defend himself against the typical hateful slime attacks that you support!

Like Sanders pointed out in the interview if he is responsible for Sandy Hook then she is responsible for Iraq which mean if Clinton can blame him for something like Sandy Hook shooting then why can't he blame her for Iraq and the many deaths that resulted from it?

She has her voting record in the Senate, but of course you will write about how she was lied to, and that Sanders is just a kook while the reality is Clinton is a dishonest politician that is as bad as Ted Cruz to me!

So if you dislike the tone Sanders and his voters are taking toward Hillary Clinton, well then maybe you and her staff along with her should actually debate the issues and move away from the Trump style nonsense...

If someone discovers an actual real life journalist find out where it is & capture it for the museum of natural history

Agreed, but you ain't gonna see it in commercial broadcasting; it's an inherent conflict of interest to on the one hand be charged with informing the public and on the other hand be charged with selling ads for your commercial employer. One contradicts the other; you can't have both.

Used to be the Walter Cronkites and the Huntley-Brinkleys were free to do straight news because they weren't expected to sell soap. They were heavily subsidized by the Beverly Hillbillies and various crap that ran after they were done. Heavily.
Because real news doesn't "sell". It's not supposed to.

Drama does though.

I would say it was a bit of a "fit of pique" when she said the parents of the Newtown victims could thank Bernie Sanders for their children's deaths (because of a gun vote). That was nice.
If he were perfect and always said the right thing, he could have responded to that with "I am no more responsible for that than the Secretary is for the military men and women who died in Iraq." That would have been perfect. We all think of the right thing a little late, sometimes.

Last edited:
Okay. We're devolving into the usual shit, interspersed with lots of Trump, so I'll leave you to it. I said my piece and feel much better. Great talk, guys! Thanks!
P.S. I'm not a Bernie supporter.

Okay. We're devolving into the usual shit, interspersed with lots of Trump, so I'll leave you to it. I said my piece and feel much better. Great talk, guys! Thanks!
P.S. I'm not a Bernie supporter.

You've got to put that four-year-old on Ignore. I had to take him off just to see what you were talking about. He's never contributed jack squat to any thread, ever. I mean literally not once.

Forum List

Back