🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Chicago: Nip It In The Bud

They did this to protect YOU and the rest of the public from memorializing the scene in segments and out of context, thereby facilitating their creation of their own original narratives that will work to undermine the ability of the police to do their jobs - Protect the public.

You are a stupid man who only believes what suits him.

Guy, I don't feel "protected" by rogue cops who routinely abuse citizens and use excessive force.

I don't feel protected by cops who beat false confessions out of people. This is something that happens routinely, and people have ended up on Death Row because of it. In fact,t his state abolished the death penalty because police misconduct was so common we couldn't be sure who we were executing.

The context of this tape is pretty clear. This kid was not a threat, he could have easily been subdued with a Taser or batons. He certainly was not a threat after the first bullet hit him and he was on the ground in a fetal position and Van Dyke shot him 15 more times.

Here's the thing. I think most law enforcement officers are doing good work, but that is undermined by the bad apples like Burge and Van Dyke.

No other facts needed? Again, you have called yourself out as an anti-cop leftist turd. You have basically just said that the facts do not matter by saying that the circumstances and context are unimportant to your analysis.

You suck as a human being, but you are doing fine as a piece of dog shit.

So other than name calling, do you have a rationalization why they needed to shoot a kid 15 times when he was on the ground?

Yes, you do. The city did not pay anything. It's liability carrier made the call and wrote the check, you simpleton.

They made the call after watching the tape, seeing the CPD lied about what happened, and hoped this would go away.

And here's the thing. I think Rahm Emmanuel, Kevin McCarthy and Anita Alvarez all need to tender their resignations over this. This was a cover-up to protect Rahm's re-election.

And Van Dyke needs to spend the rest of his life in prison.
Unfortunately for you, the whack job fringe does not get a say in this.

The carrier made a business call. Clearly, the price of defending a high profile civil case that progresses into litigation and ultimately a trial will cost well in excess of $5 million given that it is a wrongful death case against the police department and the city. That is accounting for ONLY the costs of the defense, regardless of the outcome.

I'd say that if the plaintiff had a good wrongful death case then they settled for a pittance. In other words, they got fucked. However, we all know or should know that any such lawsuit would have been frivolous. Therefore, the family of the PCP freak hit the jack pot because the nuisance value of the suit was so high - in excess of $5 mil.

This is another clear cut case of a person gaming the system. The insurer is fucked any way you go, as they are going to have to pay. If the case was filed and went to trial and the plaintiff lost, the carrier would probably still have to pay $10 mil. In attorney fees to defend this thing given the high profile nature of this mess.

Enough already. Your position is indefensible. The shooting was justified. The life of a good cop and his family has now been ruined regardless of the outcome of the criminal charge over a shit head PCP junkie that was not going to amount to shit and would probably have been killed during a criminal transaction anyway. This is a GRAVE miscarriage of justice.

They did this to protect YOU and the rest of the public from memorializing the scene in segments and out of context, thereby facilitating their creation of their own original narratives that will work to undermine the ability of the police to do their jobs - Protect the public.

You are a stupid man who only believes what suits him.

Guy, I don't feel "protected" by rogue cops who routinely abuse citizens and use excessive force.

I don't feel protected by cops who beat false confessions out of people. This is something that happens routinely, and people have ended up on Death Row because of it. In fact,t his state abolished the death penalty because police misconduct was so common we couldn't be sure who we were executing.

The context of this tape is pretty clear. This kid was not a threat, he could have easily been subdued with a Taser or batons. He certainly was not a threat after the first bullet hit him and he was on the ground in a fetal position and Van Dyke shot him 15 more times.

Here's the thing. I think most law enforcement officers are doing good work, but that is undermined by the bad apples like Burge and Van Dyke.
It is a matter of being able to execute their duties. Obviously nobody wants crazed lunatics running around acting like cops. This, however, was not the case in Chicago.

You are deflecting.

Prove that statement

You're fucking kidding, right? That anyone is excusing what this racist cop did is telling enough.
You are assuming, inserting your own facts into this so that it comports with your fantasy narrative.

Nothing has been published that even suggests that the cop is racist or that the shooting was racially motivated.

You are not even good at concealing your prejudice.

The carrier made a business call. Clearly, the price of defending a high profile civil case that progresses into litigation and ultimately a trial will cost well in excess of $5 million given that it is a wrongful death case against the police department and the city. That is accounting for ONLY the costs of the defense, regardless of the outcome.

I'd say that if the plaintiff had a good wrongful death case then they settled for a pittance. In other words, they got fucked. However, we all know or should know that any such lawsuit would have been frivolous. Therefore, the family of the PCP freak hit the jack pot because the nuisance value of the suit was so high - in excess of $5 mil.

Well, they certainly were lucky that this happened when Rahm was going into a tough re-election and he wanted this to not see the light of day.... but that still doesn't mean that the cop wasn't totally in the wrong here.

This is another clear cut case of a person gaming the system. The insurer is fucked any way you go, as they are going to have to pay. If the case was filed and went to trial and the plaintiff lost, the carrier would probably still have to pay $10 mil. In attorney fees to defend this thing given the high profile nature of this mess.

Guy, Insurance companies are not known for giving away money they don't have to. This got settled because Rahm told them to settle it.

Enough already. Your position is indefensible. The shooting was justified. The life of a good cop and his family has now been ruined regardless of the outcome of the criminal charge over a shit head PCP junkie that was not going to amount to shit and would probably have been killed during a criminal transaction anyway. This is a GRAVE miscarriage of justice.

good cops don't rack up 20 misconduct claims in a 14 year period. Nobody ruined this guy's life but him.

Incidently, there's no evidence this kid was a 'junkie". He actualy got pretty good grades in school. He just did something stupid, just like the rest of us did when we were teenagers. The rest of us don't end up getting shot, though.

You are assuming, inserting your own facts into this so that it comports with your fantasy narrative.

Nothing has been published that even suggests that the cop is racist or that the shooting was racially motivated.

Two of the 20 complaints this guy racked up involved him screaming the N-word at civilians.

Yes, there's plenty of proof this guy is a racist.

No other facts needed? Again, you have called yourself out as an anti-cop leftist turd. You have basically just said that the facts do not matter by saying that the circumstances and context are unimportant to your analysis.

You suck as a human being, but you are doing fine as a piece of dog shit.

So other than name calling, do you have a rationalization why they needed to shoot a kid 15 times when he was on the ground?
Another deflection. Address the point that you are willing to throw away all of the facts in favor of the 2-3 seconds of video that supports your narrative.

Well, they certainly were lucky that this happened when Rahm was going into a tough re-election and he wanted this to not see the light of day.... but that still doesn't mean that the cop wasn't totally in the wrong here.

Guy, Insurance companies are not known for giving away money they don't have to. This got settled because Rahm told them to settle it.

good cops don't rack up 20 misconduct claims in a 14 year period. Nobody ruined this guy's life but him.

Incidently, there's no evidence this kid was a 'junkie". He actualy got pretty good grades in school. He just did something stupid, just like the rest of us did when we were teenagers. The rest of us don't end up getting shot, though.
You are clearly ignorant of how liability carriers operate.

Sure they do. Most compliant are frivolous. Further, given that it is Chicago and he is surrounded by militant entitlement minded blacks, I am surprised that he does not have more. I'd wager that most of the CPD has complaints filed against them.

right up until he shoots a man on the ground you have a point.
once shot, on the ground, and only armed with a 3" knife there's no reason to shoot him some more.
what may have started as a justified shooting ended with murder.
No. You got to give the officer some leeway. He was pumped up and firing a semi automatic weapon. In the heat of the moment it is easy to empty a magazine in a fraction of a moment.

You have to evaluate the shooting in its totality. You cannot break it down into segments.

Then maybe it is time to require cops carry only single-action revolvers, or even single-shot Derringers.

Two of the 20 complaints this guy racked up involved him screaming the N-word at civilians.

Yes, there's plenty of proof this guy is a racist.
That's proof of prejudice, not racism. There is not proof that the shooting or anything else he did was motivated by racial prejudice.

once shot, on the ground, and only armed with a 3" knife there's no reason to shoot him some more.
No. You got to give the officer some leeway. He was pumped up and firing a semi automatic weapon. In the heat of the moment it is easy to empty a magazine in a fraction of a moment.

You have to evaluate the shooting in its totality. You cannot break it down into segments.

What you are talking about is science. The parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system. Adrenaline dumps. The "fog" of stressful conflict. It's why cops or soldiers can shoot 10-20 rounds and when asked say they shot 4 or 5. Brain just dumb down and reacts.

But libs refuse to even discuss this science. It's the same science that can cause a thug robbing a gas station to fire a shot and kill the clerk....and later say they don't remember it or didn't mean to. 50% chance they really didnt. Brain just does crazy shit under high stress.

You're right: time for cops to carry only single-action revolvers. No more spray-and-pray.

The officer did society a favor :rolleyes:

He will be doing lots of favors in the pen. I hope he has enough time to enjoy all that attention before somebody ends the fun.

Yeah it sucks to be a cop in Chicago. They're all Union up there. They should strike and let the animals have their way on Downtown for a few weeks.

Police officers going on strike is a criminal act. Lock up a few, make sure some get shanked, the rest will fall into line.

Then maybe it is time to require cops carry only single-action revolvers, or even single-shot Derringers.
I have thought about this. I have a pair of .357 magnum single action revolvers that I take to the range and fire about once per month. They are a ton of fun. I can fire them pretty damn fast (not fanning) and accurately, up to 50 yrds. My main carry piece is an auto loader, but mainly because it is so slim. Though I would have no problem in a self defense situation using my SA pistols.

That being said, if you practice enough then a SA is just as effective than an auto loader. Perhaps moreso, as you will usually have a longer barrel and take just a fraction of a second longer to aim since you know that you cannot just squeeze off rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger. I venture to say that I could have dropped that little dope fiend with one shot from either one of my SA revolvers and he would never have gotten back up or survived until the paramedics arrived.

What you are talking about is science. The parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system. Adrenaline dumps. The "fog" of stressful conflict. It's why cops or soldiers can shoot 10-20 rounds and when asked say they shot 4 or 5. Brain just dumb down and reacts.

But libs refuse to even discuss this science. It's the same science that can cause a thug robbing a gas station to fire a shot and kill the clerk....and later say they don't remember it or didn't mean to. 50% chance they really didnt. Brain just does crazy shit under high stress.

You're right: time for cops to carry only single-action revolvers. No more spray-and-pray.
I agree. Let's given them larger calipers too - large bore calipers. I have a Ruger .480 revolver that would have removed that drug fiend's head.

Edit: Calibers

Another deflection. Address the point that you are willing to throw away all of the facts in favor of the 2-3 seconds of video that supports your narrative.

The guy was ON THE GROUND during those 30 seconds when he was pumped full of bullets.

Not sure what else you think there is in a 'narrative' that makes up for that. Add in the tampered evidence, falsified reports and a huge ass settlement from the city, combined with 20 other complaints against this cop...

Yeah, there's really nothing in the narrative that makes him look good.

Forum List

Back