Chicago Teachers Union Head Says Standardized Tests Are “Junk Science Rooted in White Supremacy”

Good on you. Those that can't do it well, teach the subject.
I'm a volunteer high school coach and have won numerous semi pro tournaments... I am a golf pro at the club where I play...
So what have you ever volunteered to do besides run your mouth?...

Teachers generally abhor standardized tests and especially IQ tests. They ALWAYS claim that the test scores are bogus. This is for one simple reason: Teachers are merely of average intelligence, but their career choice is intended to make them feel smart (dealing with school kids who don't know any better). THEIR scores on standardized tests were mediocre.

But here's the thing. Standardized tests don't just spring up out of thin air. They are developed and refined over many years to make them more and more reliable, relevant, and repeatable.

The person above who said that you could take a course and dramatically increased your score is full of shit. When that happens - which is extremely rare - it is because the test-taker was totally unprepared, and stupid the first time around. People who take SAT's, LSAT's and other such tests generally improve their scores a bit, but not significantly. As often as not, the second time is no better than the first.

Forum List

Back