Chicago Teachers Union leader Sarah Chambers facing criticism for vacationing in Caribbean (Puerto Rico) while pushing remote learning

I don't like the idea of remote education or online learning or whatever you want to call it for one basic reason: reduced human interaction.

Young people today are already lacking social interaction because of smartphones, iPads and the internet. This has rendered them, as a generation, to be less empathetic and less able to deal with life's disappointments in real time with real solutions.

Humans are social animals and we need to be with other people. Anything that takes away from that will do nothing but create new problems to replace the ones we're trying to avoid. We will see a marked increase in violence, bullying, drug abuse and teen suicide.

According to This USA Today article from September of this year, we have already seen a 60% increase in teen suicides since 2007. It will only get worse and will reach epidemic proportions as drug and alcohol abuse already have. The human cost will be much more dear than the aggravation of having to deal with teacher's unions, believe me.

In five to ten years we'll be wondering why so many (more) of our kids are drunks, on drugs or killing themselves (and each other). One will need to look no further than remote learning.

Keep the students home. Less indoctrination, less racial violence and bullying, less “restorative justice” bullshit, and less clout for the teachers’ unions and NEA.

President Obama stopped suspension for students who were defiant toward their teachers. He felt that two certain ethnicities were being singled out. So he dictated "restorative justice." That is why so many young ladies & gentlemen are out of control, as we saw during the marches & looting last summer.

With the inauguration of the Honorable Joseph R. Biden, Jr., and the Dems taking the Senate, school "discipline" will become even worse.

No wonder fewer and fewer dedicated people are becoming public school teachers.

No bullying,
No Black-on-White Violence
No bullshit protests
No Teachers getting body slammed
No shootings

These are the things I don’t miss about in-person schooling.

Most naive Americans do not know about the violence and intimidation of students & faculty in many large city high schools.

By the way, just heard that a tough African American high school principal has just died.

Back in the 1980s, he brought law & order to a high school in New Jersey.

He would walk down the hall holding a baseball bat.

His name was Mr. Joe Clark.

He knew that students needed (and wanted) discipline.

Today, of course, he would not be able to impose such discipline.

Many parents want their children to study and behave themselves, but bleeding heart "liberals" do everything to sabotage such a goal.

I can only imagine what the new Secretary of Education will let students get away with.

The great Dr. Booker T. Washington felt that education was the key to integrating the freedmen and women into American society.

Keep the students home. Less indoctrination, less racial violence and bullying, less “restorative justice” bullshit, and less clout for the teachers’ unions and NEA.

President Obama stopped suspension for students who were defiant toward their teachers. He felt that two certain ethnicities were being singled out. So he dictated "restorative justice." That is why so many young ladies & gentlemen are out of control, as we saw during the marches & looting last summer.

With the inauguration of the Honorable Joseph R. Biden, Jr., and the Dems taking the Senate, school "discipline" will become even worse.

No bullying,
No bullshit protests
No shootings

I wish you people would stop and think about how truly rare these instances are? How many public school students are there?

56.4 million!

How many school shooting are there by other students? Less than 10. Do the math!

Your chances of getting killed by a stray bullet fired from OFF-campus are much, much greater. The most common place for a school shooting is at a basketball game or football game after classes have long since ended.

No bullying,
No bullshit protests
No shootings

Most naive Americans do not know about the violence and intimidation of students & faculty in many large city high schools.

By the way, just heard that a tough African American high school principal has just died.

Back in the 1980s, he brought law & order to a high school in New Jersey.

He would walk down the hall holding a baseball bat.

His name was Mr. Joe Clark.

He knew that students needed (and wanted) discipline.

Today, of course, he would not be able to impose such discipline.

Many parents want their children to study and behave themselves, but bleeding heart "liberals" do everything to sabotage such a goal.

I can only imagine what the new Secretary of Education will let students get away with.

The great Dr. Booker T. Washington felt that education was the key to integrating the freedmen and women into American society.

They don't know and even if they did, it is because people like you exaggerated it!

Forum List

Back