Chinese Exporters Found Using Fake ‘Made in Vietnam’ Labels to Avoid US Tariffs

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
On Sunday, the government of Vietnam said it had identified dozens of fake “Made in Vietnam” certificates on everything from agriculture to textiles and steel produced by Chinese companies trying to circumvent U.S. tariffs.

Vietnam also alleged that some Chinese exporters had been illegally re-routing orders to Vietnam since the Trump administration hiked tariffs on $250 billion of Chinese goods from 10 percent to 25 percent last month. The government cited an example of U.S. customs officials uncovering Chinese plywood being shipped to America through a Vietnamese company.

The Southeast Asian country pledged to increase penalties on trade-related fraud, but added concerns that it may be punished by the U.S. for allowing mislabeled Chinese products to cross U.S. borders, said Do Van Sinh, a member of the Vietnam National Assembly’s economic committee, in a government statement.

(Excerpt) Read more at observer.com ...

China doing what it does best...lying, cheating and any other dirty tactic it can think up.

I’m sure Vietnam will move to clamp down on this Chinese cheating. I wonder if Chinese are trying it with other countries also.

lol of course they cheat, so does Mexico, etc. You have to be a complete idiot to think these vermin would ever comply with any deal, so why keep expecting different results? Repeal that stupid 'Favored Nation' status already, and only use it for honest countries, like Singapore, instead of these scumbag police states who will kill us at the first opportunity they think they an get away with it.

On Sunday, the government of Vietnam said it had identified dozens of fake “Made in Vietnam” certificates on everything from agriculture to textiles and steel produced by Chinese companies trying to circumvent U.S. tariffs.

Vietnam also alleged that some Chinese exporters had been illegally re-routing orders to Vietnam since the Trump administration hiked tariffs on $250 billion of Chinese goods from 10 percent to 25 percent last month. The government cited an example of U.S. customs officials uncovering Chinese plywood being shipped to America through a Vietnamese company.

The Southeast Asian country pledged to increase penalties on trade-related fraud, but added concerns that it may be punished by the U.S. for allowing mislabeled Chinese products to cross U.S. borders, said Do Van Sinh, a member of the Vietnam National Assembly’s economic committee, in a government statement.

China doing what it does best...lying, cheating and any other dirty tactic it can think up.

I’m sure Vietnam will move to clamp down on this Chinese cheating. I wonder if Chinese are trying it with other countries also.
Guess the tariffs are hurting them.

I think Viet Nam will comply; they don't like or trust Red China any more than we do.

Shocker !
I said it the other day
the Chinese have their tentacles all over south east Asia and how many cutting rooms in Vietnam alone .
indeed they dont like em all that much ...

Forum List

Back