Church of Scientology front organization raided

So are some charlatans, but does that give the government the right to infringe on their religious freedom?

Hasn't scientologists been after cash from the beginning?

Yep, but they like to hide behind organizations like Narconon, so you don't know it's them. They've also taken over the Cult Awareness Network(CAN), so when people contact them, they're talking directly to a cult. Tricky!

So are some charlatans, but does that give the government the right to infringe on their religious freedom?

I don't think fraud is one of those activities is covered under the umbrella of religious freedom. You can believe whatever you like, but when criminal activities are involved, that's a different story.

I don't think fraud is one of those activities is covered under the umbrella of religious freedom. You can believe whatever you like, but when criminal activities are involved, that's a different story.

Very true. Criminal activities are a big differentiator here.

However, as far as being a front, I don't think we're seeing a practice unlike what has been practiced by other religions in the past. I've seen other religions using fairly innocuous means to attract people who may be converted later. People can make their own choices. That this was a Scientology front is not really noteworthy. That there were potentially criminal activities going on is.

Hasn't scientologists been after cash from the beginning?

Yes it has. The founder, L. Ron Hubbard, started the money-making ball rolling when he made the statement, “I'd like to start a religion—that's where the money is.” He became a millionaire off the back of what he started. Furthermore, why call it a religion? It's a cult. Nothing more. Nothing less. And all its leaders are charlatans.

The religion of money?

damn do the republicans know about this.

they are having their ideas stolen

However, as far as being a front, I don't think we're seeing a practice unlike what has been practiced by other religions in the past. I've seen other religions using fairly innocuous means to attract people who may be converted later. People can make their own choices. That this was a Scientology front is not really noteworthy. That there were potentially criminal activities going on is.

I would say it is noteworthy because Scientology is the religion of the elitists here and in Europe. They call themselves the Illuminati in private newsletters to their members and you are given a secret password and the location of these meetings to meet other members.

This is how they are bringing in their new members. Anyone who is a member of their group ( you have to pay ) has to have relatives - some other connection to their group to be considered for an invitation. In the case of the young man I met who became a member - his mother was a scientologist. If you are one of the "lucky ones" as they call themselves they will promise you your own money will be safe in the coming crash, your assets, your property, if you are a member you are exempt. I actually had the "privledge" of reading one of their letters to a new member who was awaiting his password and they do guarantee you will be protected - they also refer to themselves as Illuminati.

They also promised him a secret they had concerning eternal health and youth. I suspect that has something to do with Project Bluebeam and the claims of what that technology was capable of - holograms was just the tip of the iceberg according to Serge Monast. I didn't believe there was much to the Project Bluebeam stories until I heard Serge Monast was murdered and his children were taken by his own govt. - they never were returned to his surviving spouse. He claimed that Project Bluebeam also had potential to murder people by inducing heart attack using low frequency waves - shortly after he outed the project & Henry Kissingers involvement with the project he was found dead. Google Serge Monast - interesting story.

-Jeri

Last edited:

I would say it is noteworthy because Scientology is the religion of the elitists here and in Europe. They call themselves the Illuminati in private newsletters to their members and you are given a secret password and the location of these meetings to meet other members.

This is how they are bringing in their new members. Anyone who is a member of their group ( you have to pay ) has to have relatives - some other connection to their group to be considered for an invitation. In the case of the young man I met who became a member - his mother was a scientologist. If you are one of the "lucky ones" as they call themselves they will promise you your own money will be safe in the coming crash, your assets, your property, if you are a member you are exempt. I actually had the "privledge" of reading one of their letters to a new member who was awaiting his password and they do guarantee you will be protected - they also refer to themselves as Illuminati.

-Jeri

I wasn't defending Scientology. I detest Scientology and pretty much all of their practices. That wasn't my point. People can make their own choices.

This is how they are bringing in their new members. Anyone who is a member of their group ( you have to pay ) has to have relatives - some other connection to their group to be considered for an invitation. I

I'm afraid you don't seem to be talking about Scientology. The only thing you need to become a member is to be willing to pay their fees or to give up your entire life in the form of a Billion Year Contract.

It is different because, unlike other churches, even their posing as a church is a front. They're really only about getting as much money out of people as possible.

Four families – three from Georgia and another from Oklahoma – allege Narconon employees illegally obtained credit cards in their names without their knowledge, then charged those cards to the maximum credit limit as payment for treating their addicted children. In three of the cases, family members said the treatment was incomplete.

Narconon patients allege credit card fraud | www.wsbradio.com

It is different because, unlike other churches, even their posing as a church is a front. They're really only about getting as much money out of people as possible.

I don't really disagree. The focus of my point is that: a) a front is a front is a front and b) illegal activities are what is most important in this story. What the front is a front for is not really the issue.

I don't really disagree. The focus of my point is that: a) a front is a front is a front and b) illegal activities are what is most important in this story. What the front is a front for is not really the issue.

It is if the sole reason for becoming a religion in the first place is to escape taxes. What other religion charges for religious services? They may call them "donations" but they present people with a price list and there's no such thing as just donating whatever you feel you can afford without actually going to work for the "church".

It is if the sole reason for becoming a religion in the first place is to escape taxes. What other religion charges for religious services? They may call them "donations" but they present people with a price list and there's no such thing as just donating whatever you feel you can afford without actually going to work for the "church".

I think we may be talking past each other. I don't think we're really talking about the same things. It may have been my misunderstanding.

Forum List

Back