CIA wants Maduro out

Well, if they could get Trump out in 2020 then they might have a good shot and getting Maduro out. I wonder how many they can afford to take off the Trump detail in 2024 in order to work on Venezuela and which one is more important to them?
Apparently the electoral system in Venezuela is harder to manipulate than the electoral system in the US.

Above your pay grade? Does that mean you avoid critical thinking or cost v. benefit analysis?

I believe in a military that defends our country, and that belief was further strengthened during my year in Vietnam as a young man. I realized shortly after arriving that they had not invaded our country, we had invaded their country. We had no business there at all. Nothing has changed in all these years. As we did in Vietnam, we practice military aggression and deception around the globe. True, much of it today is on behalf of Israel, but still.

Smedley Butler USMC noted that war is a racket. A century ago he noted that US Marines and soldiers die defending special interests and corporations. He was right.

Someone always benefit when government is spending money. Whether climate change, gender "reassignment", abortion, food stamps or military expansion. This doesn't negate the necessity for a strong military, nor does it negate the premise behind certain military engagements.

The second sentiment requires a sober assessment of when, where and why any time humans are sent to risk their lives. The issues clearly aren't mutually exclusive. What is critical is the decision making behind war. Which is why many of us prefer a "peace through strength" mentality which allows the former consideration to exist without the latter being required.

A residual benefit as a function of a strong economy is that all other benefits trickle down. A happy population, a motivation to drive oneself to excel and create on merit, a strong military, the incentive for enemies not to challenge that strong military and a less likely chance one becomes entangled in lengthy wars.

Not every leader or parties platform maximizes the economic engine nor the real and perceived "strength" that enemy states must respect.

Well, if they could get Trump out in 2020 then they might have a good shot and getting Maduro out. I wonder how many they can afford to take off the Trump detail in 2024 in order to work on Venezuela and which one is more important to them?
True. On the one hand there is all that oil in Venezuela. On the other hand, they are printing money from the forever wars that Trump would end. Toughie.

Forum List

Back