Class warfare?

hshldincmddl.png
...the amount of that rise and it turns out to be 1.27% per year - at a time when technology and process improvements have exploded. Do you really feel that this is cause for celebration?
Right, up 76% since 1967, after adjusting for inflation. Add to that say, the quality of a '67 TV set with 3 channels VS a 2012 home entertainment system with cable. Add improvements in medical care, average home size doubling, no more Soviet threat, etc. Finally there's the fact that most who were bottom quintile in '67 are top quintile now.

Bottom line is that America is blessed, I give thanks, and many decide to be ungrateful. It's a free country.

Well, it's only up by 56% which means my initial calculation was wrong. Recalculating, the growth rate during that time was 0.99%.

I like the technological goodies we've been offered in that time. I've developed some of them. But it's also been a time of great stress for most people. The pace of life has gone up and the enjoyment of it has gone down. I can't comment much on life in 1967 because I was 8 years old and it seemed pretty wonderful to me but I know that life in 1979 was a lot more enjoyable than it is now. IMO, material wealth is a poor substitute for the hectic pace that has become expected from most people.

...America is blessed, I give thanks, and many decide to be ungrateful. It's a free country.
...I can't comment much on life in 1967 because I was 8 years old...
Some middle class guy 70 years old today would remember, and whether he's more happy or not is debatable. In contrast, by 1967 the average guy born in 1897 would have been dead for three years.

...America is blessed, I give thanks, and many decide to be ungrateful. It's a free country.
Some middle class guy 70 years old today would remember, and whether he's more happy or not is debatable. In contrast, by 1967 the average guy born in 1897 would have been dead for three years.

Lovers of all things American like to brag that we have the greatest medical care in the world. I'll grant that we have a lot of treatments, drugs and devices that didn't exist 45 years ago but the frantic pace coupled with poor diets have made life expectancy increases during that time rather disappointing.

I don't know your age or life experiences, but having grown up in the 60's and 70's, I can tell you that there was a huge amount of optimism about how great the future was going to be thanks to technological advances. The implied promise was that if we'd work our asses off for a couple of decades, we'd all be living great lives of luxury and leisure. It never happened for the vast majority because the greedy fuckers at the top diverted all that increased efficiency into their own hands. That's the essence of the complaint against wealth disparity.

...greedy fuckers...
Ah, I'm a bit lost here. Maybe you know a lot more about what a greedy fucker does than I do so I won't dispute the point.

...greedy fuckers...
Ah, I'm a bit lost here. Maybe you know a lot more about what a greedy fucker does than I do so I won't dispute the point.

C'mon, you must've known at least a few. And even if you haven't, the antics of Wall Street couldn't have escaped your notice.

The idiots who puke out, repeatedly, the rightwing talking points about income redistribution, etc., actually believe they will be rich someday so they dont want progressive tax rates for when they are rich

LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
idiot bigots, you will never ever be rich, got it!

The idiots who puke out, repeatedly, the rightwing talking points about income redistribution, etc., actually believe they will be rich someday so they dont want progressive tax rates for when they are rich

LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Progressive, punitive tax rates are a common factor in countries whose economies suck right now.

Flat, fair, impartial taxes are common factor in countries that are seeing increases in both tax revenue and GDP.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/233672-its-time-for-a-flat-tax.html#post5599801

LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Progressive, punitive tax rates are a common factor in countries whose economies suck right now.

Flat, fair, impartial taxes are common factor in countries that are seeing increases in both tax revenue and GDP.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/233672-its-time-for-a-flat-tax.html#post5599801
and your examples are???? Any with only one tax rate for all, including corporations???

LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

and your examples are???? Any with only one tax rate for all, including corporations???

Click on the link that's why I put it there

Flat Tax

:lol::lol:

Congrats, that is officially the stupidest idea in the history of mankind, and womankind. :clap2::clap2:

stupid, belligerent, ignorant bigot conz... :lol:

Flat Tax

Congrats, that is officially the stupidest idea in the history of mankind, and womankind. :clap2::clap2:

Really? then pray tell why are countries that are implementing a flat tax seeing an increase in both revenue and GDP?

Moronic, sheep liberals.

Flat Tax

Really? then pray tell why are countries that are implementing a flat tax seeing an increase in both revenue and GDP?

Moronic, sheep liberals.

have you ever posted anything that is true? do you listen to fox news>?

Flat Tax

Moronic, sheep liberals.

have you ever posted anything that is true? do you listen to fox news>?

Flat Tax A Success In Iceland

CARPE DIEM: Success of the 13% Flat Tax in Russia

Russia's Flat-Tax Miracle

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2010-07-14/wall_street/30092819_1_flat-tax-simplified-tax-tax-returns

Do you ever think for yourself little sheep?

And FYI I don't watch news on the idiot box unlike you fucking idiots because i can actually read.

Last edited:
And yet they claim that wages for their employees are raising hire than profits...could it be they are including the wages of the CEO's and corporate officers in that?
Ah, maybe you're talking about Obama's BEA.gov numbers:
corpbals.png

So what's the story now, we agree that wages are in fact ten times higher than profits but we're still not happy 'cuz someone else gets higher wages than us? Or do we not want to talk about it and--
storyimages_1321813123_screenshot20111120at1.11.46pm.png_640x470_310x220

--we'll just go out and break windows.

When workers get laid off and rehired on contract, they suddenly lose those 'unrecieved' payments. They immediately experiance severe economic hardship from burdens such as paying twice as much in social security taxes as income tax.
then "household income (HI)" from the CB may be a more relevant statistic, than "personal income (PI)" from the BEA. Average HI growth in the 2000s was slow, due to 2001 & 2008, and the "lost years" required to recover from those recessions. HI is still higher than ever -- higher, on average, than any other "where" or "when" in human history, on earth

Personal income is the largest component of the GDP, and Census' vagueness/inconsistency leaves us with a missing four trillion dollars.
are you sure? the numbers seem to add up, only HI excludes pensions & capital gains, as well as welfare, accounted into PI:
PI = wages & salaries & pensions + rents + dividends & yields + transfers
= total earnings from labor + land + loans + welfare

HI = wages & salaries + rents
= PI - pensions - capital gains - welfare​
Pension plans total over $1.5T / year; and welfare totals over $2T / year; accounting for most of the discrepancy, between HI and PI. All the numbers do jive. HI measures money "earnings received on a regular basis". Pensions are paid into today, but not received until (the day after) tomorrow; by which time, they may not be received at all. And welfare is not earned. In the national accounting method (BEA), pensions add to PI, and are then accounted straight into savings:
PI = taxes + savings + consumption
Y = T + S + C
pensions ---> Y (on LHS),
---> S (on RHS)​

Last edited:
You bet!

Can We Call it Class War Yet?

yes but war waged by liberals on the middle class:

1) Make unions illegal ( 10 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

2) make minimum wage illegal ( 5 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

3) end business taxation; especially tax incentives to off-shore jobs ( 5 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

4) make inflation illegal ( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

5) make Federal debt illegal( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

6) send illegal workers home(8 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

7) Pass Balanced Budget Amendment to Constitution( 3 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

8) cut pay of government workers in half( 4 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

9) Make health insurance competition legal( 6 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

10) end needless business regulations ( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

11) restrict Federal spending to 15% of GNP( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

12) support unlimited free trade( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

13) reduced unemployment compensation, welfare, food stamps, medicaid.( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

14) privatize education, social security ( 4 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

15) end payroll taxes ( 1 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

Since Democrats always oppose wisdom and common sense the only serious option is to make them illegal as the Constitution intended.

You bet!

3) end business taxation; especially tax incentives to off-shore jobs ( 5 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

7) Pass Balanced Budget Amendment to Constitution( 3 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

9) Make health insurance competition legal( 6 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

11) restrict Federal spending to 15% of GNP( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

13) reduced unemployment compensation, welfare, food stamps, medicaid.( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

Since Democrats always oppose wisdom and common sense the only serious option is to make them illegal as the Constitution intended.

God damn....

Those are some of the dumbest suggestions I have ever read.

You bet!

That must be the tenth time I have seen you post this imbecilic list of points. Have you anything Intelligent to say???
All fifteen are simply points to make the wealth more so. Which is what you, as a tea party kind of guy, always copy the talking points and copy and paste when you run out of anything to say. Really stupid.

Forum List

Back