US Economy Reaches Superstar Status

To the leftist a fiscally irresponsible budget means not giving in to grift.
As long as the upper class has the left and the right shitting in each others nests, the working class is still under control and cooperating.

That's what Trump the corporate billionaire has promised to change!

If Americans cannot see the herd of elephant in the room , they collectively will have to endure their certain friendless downfall .

There are no seasoned expert financial pundits who see a bright future for America .
Americans are and will be the owners of their own disastrous policies and corrupt behaviour .

As Private Fraser from Dad's Army says .
"Doomed . Doomed ."

horseshit.
Name them .
Let's look at their credentials .

PM me later this year when Americans will be looking forward to food parcels and sympathy cards .

And explain to me how any nation with debt and obligations exceeding $300 trillion can carry on .

While the Dems were being idiots, Trump was restricting travel from China.

Ohhh, so he shut one of the 100 doors after the horses had all left the barn.

Not to mention his "restrictions" did not stop 1000s of people from going to and from China.

Perhaps if he had just told the American people how bad it was going to be...but no, why would I expect a POTUS to be honest with the American people.

Name them .
Let's look at their credentials .

PM me later this year when Americans will be looking forward to food parcels and sympathy cards .

And explain to me how any nation with debt and obligations exceeding $300 trillion can carry on .

Your life must really be sucking.

If you give me your address I will send you a sympathy card.

As for me and mine, life has never been better.

Ohhh, so he shut one of the 100 doors after the horses had all left the barn.

Not to mention his "restrictions" did not stop 1000s of people from going to and from China.

Perhaps if he had just told the American people how bad it was going to be...but no, why would I expect a POTUS to be honest with the American people.

Well, if you're going to blame Trump, it would be nice if you had a Dem
out there who had better suggestions as it happened.

Perhaps if he had just told the American people how bad it was going to be

Like Pelosi and Schumer did? Who knew, at the start, how bad it would be?

Well, if you're going to blame Trump, it would be nice if you had a Dem
out there who had better suggestions as it happened.

Perhaps if he had just told the American people how bad it was going to be

Like Pelosi and Schumer did? Who knew, at the start, how bad it would be?

Again, all you have is whataboutism.

Trump was the fucking POTUS.

Maybe you have seen this...but you will never grasp its meaning.

1719510081309.png

Have a great rest of your day, this thread is just getting stupid now.

Trump was the fucking POTUS.

Maybe you have seen this...but you will never grasp its meaning.

View attachment 968177

Have a great rest of your day, this thread is just getting stupid now.

All you are is a Monday morning quarterback.

You think Trump knew how many people would die and lied about it?

Looking at the thread title, it was stupid from the start.

The economy by all measurable metrics is lights out good or, as characterized below, is a superstar! You are living in one of the most opportunistic economies that the US has had in decades. If you aren’t making it now then you need to think about whether the US is structurally set up for you to succeed or if it is one of those bootstrap things you need to pull yourself up by. I will 100% concede that a cranking US economy doesn’t trickle down to the working class as much as it makes the rich richer - but that is a stuctural problem not an economy problem.

How blessed are we?

If the United States’ economy were an athlete, right now it would be peak LeBron James. If it were a pop star, it would be peak Taylor Swift. Four years ago, the pandemic temporarily brought much of the world economy to a halt. Since then, America’s economic performance has left other countries in the dust and even broken some of its own records. The growth rate is high, the unemployment rate is at historic lows, household wealth is surging, and wages are rising faster than costs, especially for the working class. There are many ways to define a good economy. America is in tremendous shape according to just about any of them.

The American public doesn’t feel that way—a dynamic that many people, including me, have recently tried to explain. But if, instead of asking how people feel about the economy, we ask how it’s objectively performing, we get a very different answer.

Let’s start with economists’ favorite metric: growth. When an economy is growing, more money is being spent. More stuff is being produced, more services are being performed, more businesses are being started, more workers are being hired—and, because of this abundance, living standards are probably rising. (On the flip side, during a recession—literally, when the economy shrinks—life gets materially worse.) Right now America’s economic-growth rate is the envy of the world. From the end of 2019 to the end of 2023, U.S. GDP grew by 8.2 percent—nearly twice as fast as Canada’s, three times as fast as the European Union’s, and more than eight times as fast as the United Kingdom’s.

Price increases on their own, however, can’t tell us if the cost of living has gone up. What really matters is the relationship between how expensive things are and how much money people have to spend on them. If prices go up but people’s incomes go up faster, then the cost of living decreases. And that is exactly what has happened in the U.S. over the past five years.

View attachment 968073

IF you want an explanation why you feel worse than you should:

LOL

SINCE BIDEN TOOK OFFICE:
Gas: +55.5%
Groceries: +21.3%
Eating out: +21.8%
Baby food: +30%
Pet food: +23.1%
K-12 food: +64.9%
Rent: +20.8%
Electricity: +28.5%
Natural gas: +22%
Used cars: +20.4%
Airfare: +38.2%
Public transportation: +26.1%
Real average weekly earnings: -4.4%

All you are is a Monday morning quarterback.

You think Trump knew how many people would die and lied about it?

I think the Fed Govt knew how bad it would be. Senators told their donors how bad it could be. Senators sold stock and bought stock based on how bad it was going to be.

Trump's VA started a 6 week retrofit of a unit to turn it into a negative pressure area for the purpose of treating COVID patients the same time Trump told us it would be gone in a few day.

But none of it matters, you could no more blame Trump for anything than you could cut off your own arm.

Looking at the thread title, it was stupid from the start.

Look around at the economies in the rest of the world, we are doing far better than most anyone.

Literally the only bad thing we had was inflation.

I think the Fed Govt knew how bad it would be. Senators told their donors how bad it could be. Senators sold stock and bought stock based on how bad it was going to be.

Trump's VA started a 6 week retrofit of a unit to turn it into a negative pressure area for the purpose of treating COVID patients the same time Trump told us it would be gone in a few day.

But none of it matters, you could no more blame Trump for anything than you could cut off your own arm.

Look around at the economies in the rest of the world, we are doing far better than most anyone.

Literally the only bad thing we had was inflation.

Senators told their donors how bad it could be.

Could be or would be?

+1.4% real GDP in Q1 isn't a lot to brag about.

LOL

SINCE BIDEN TOOK OFFICE:
Gas: +55.5%
Groceries: +21.3%
Eating out: +21.8%
Baby food: +30%
Pet food: +23.1%
K-12 food: +64.9%
Rent: +20.8%
Electricity: +28.5%
Natural gas: +22%
Used cars: +20.4%
Airfare: +38.2%
Public transportation: +26.1%
Real average weekly earnings: -4.4%
Anecdotes. When you put all your expenses together and subtract your wage increases, you are better off. Congratulations. Why would you only look at one side of the equation? Are you still as broke as you were in 2019? You still making $7 an hour on the fry machine?

Forum List

Back