Clean drinking water shortage in Mexico, Mexico City.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I just saw a news report, that there is a major clean drinking Water shortage in Mexico City Mexico. Water has to be delivered by a Water truck. This is what I saw on the news report. The Water coming out the tap was not clean enough for human consumption. This seems to be a growing problem, all over the world right now. There seems to be a clean drinking water crisis in many third world countries.

Mexico City is on a lake filled in with rubble. The more water they remove the further down the city subsides. It causes all kinds of infrastructure nightmares.

I saw a historical documentary on Mexico a while back. The entire Mexico City area was surrounded by a big lake. They drained the entire lake, and built around what we see today as Mexico City.!? The current news report that I saw showed the area where they use to get the water for Mexico City was bone dry.
Mexico City is on a lake filled in with rubble. The more water they remove the further down the city subsides. It causes all kinds of infrastructure nightmares.

Forum List

Back