CDZ Climate Change "almost entirely man's fault"!

You have no proof the warming period has ended. If CO2 is still climbing, it's counter-intuitive. That's like saying your going to be cooler after you throw an extra blanket on your bed.

dear, in last 15 years we added an extra 35% to all the CO2 ever put into the atmosphere by mankind and temperature went down. That tells you that CO2 is minor factor. Don't be afraid to think.

.Explaining past scientific numerical modeling faux pas is incumbent on any scientist who wishes to be taken seriously in the future. The UN has stumbled on this point..

Out in the real world, the models have been remarkably accurate for decades running now. You've just been bamboozled by a liars' cult, just like the kooks who are insanely claiming that warming has paused. Back in the real world, warming just keeps on chugging along.

Ask yourself, what's more likely -- that the whole world is wrong, or that you yourself screwed up? Normal people will pick the former, while paranoid narcissists will pick the latter.

wow, did you know you all were that powerful?

Now you can change the climate of the earth and it was in just 200 years

gawd people wake the hell up from these fearmongering scare tactics. You fall for this crap at all OUR PERIL, our money and our way of living
Well, you can't release millions of years of solar energy stored in fossil fuels, without warming up the planet to some extent.

Big fucking deal, do people want an ICE AGE?

Which is what the same dipshits were telling us we were headed into back in the early '60's.

The original hockey stick projection of global climate change, made about 25 years ago, had us all dead by now.

I don't know about everyone else, but the climate is pretty much the same as it was then, and I am still alive.

yes its now a joke to look back on all the predictions scientists made 20 years ago to stampede us toward libcommie govt!

Out in the real world, the models have been remarkably accurate for decades running now..

When the climate scientist and geologist Bob Carter of James Cook University in Australia wrote an article in 2006 saying that there had been no global warming since 1998 according to the most widely used measure of average global air temperatures, there was an outcry. A year later, when David Whitehouse of the Global Warming Policy Foundation in London made the same point, the environmentalist and journalist Mark Lynas said in the New Statesman that Mr. Whitehouse was “wrong, completely wrong,” and was “deliberately, or otherwise, misleading the public.”

We know now that it was Mr. Lynas who was wrong. Two years before Mr. Whitehouse’s article, climate scientists were already admitting in emails among themselves that there had been no warming since the late 1990s. “The scientific community would come down on me in no uncertain terms if I said the world had cooled from 1998,” wrote Phil Jones of the University of East Anglia in Britain in 2005. He went on: “Okay it has but it is only seven years of data and it isn’t statistically significant.”

If the pause lasted 15 years, they conceded, then it would be so significant that it would invalidate the climate-change models upon which policy was being built. A report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) written in 2008 made this clear: “The simulations rule out (at the 95% level) zero trends for intervals of 15 yr or more.”

Well, the pause has now lasted for 16, 19 or 26 years—depending on whether you choose the surface temperature record or one of two satellite records of the lower atmosphere. That’s according to a new statisticalcalculation by Ross McKitrick, a professor of economics at the University of Guelph in Canada.

It has been roughly two decades since there was a trend in temperature significantly different from zero. The burst of warming that preceded the millennium lasted about 20 years and was preceded by 30 years of slight cooling after 1940.

Out in the real world, the models have been remarkably accurate for decades running now. .

lying liberal!!!

Professor Anastasios Tsonis, of the University of Wisconsin, said: 'We are already in a cooling trend, which I think will continue for the next 15 years at least. There is no doubt the warming of the 1980s and 1990s has stopped.”
Others disagreed. Professor Judith Curry, who is the head of the climate science department at America’s prestigious Georgia Tech university, told The Mail on Sunday that it was clear that the computer models used to predict future warming were ‘deeply flawed’.

You have no proof the warming period has ended. If CO2 is still climbing, it's counter-intuitive. That's like saying your going to be cooler after you throw an extra blanket on your bed.

dear, in last 15 years we added an extra 35% to all the CO2 ever put into the atmosphere by mankind and temperature went down. That tells you that CO2 is minor factor. Don't be afraid to think.

I am thinking, what happened to the IR CO2 absorbed? You haven't told me. You just expect to me to take it on faith that AGW isn't real. This isn't religion; we're talking about science. The whys are important. There are all sorts of reasons for a pause in warming, but none of them explain what happens to the absorbed energy.

wow, did you know you all were that powerful?

Now you can change the climate of the earth and it was in just 200 years

gawd people wake the hell up from these fearmongering scare tactics
There isn't anything wrong with discussing it rationally. And dismissing it out of hand prior to investigation isn't rational.

The data is good, but the interpretations of it are rank with special interest bias.

To me the question shouldn't be what caused it.

The question should actually be two..."can we do anything about it", and if so "do we need to do whatever that is"

Really? what's rational about the title that says it's all mans fault for climate change?

You denial is special. It isn't based on any study. It isn't based on any knowledge. You haven't got the foundation required to have a rational discussion on the subject. It is kind of odd that you even weighed in.

In order to move the chains on this issue, I propose that all democrats and liberals immediately deny that man has anything to do with climate change and that it is all a scam.

Soon thereafter, the cons will advocate for a carbon tax.

While I'm not convinced global warming is man made, I think the evidence is more indicative of the cyclical model, I still think it's a good idea to invest in alternate forms of energy. Granted most solar, wind energy systems may have reached their peak in how much energy can be viably produced (at this point in time) but there are other options like developing an inexpensive closed loop Pelton generator system that can be used for individual homes and larger ones for businesses.
Heck a micro hydro system (Pelton) can power a small community.

UN climate panel delivers stark climate change warning CTV News

Read the link, and let's discuss the matter rationally.

When the greens start pushing something useful, maybe thorium reactors, and stop pushing useless, expensive crap like wind, I'll take them seriously.

Until then, their CO2 emissions are killing Mother Earth.

The Greens in the Bay Area are pushing for more dedicated bike lanes. Are you okay with that, or will more riders of bikes create too much CO2 for you?
Hey, what if they carry a potted plant in a basket on their bike?

The Lies Phony Climate Experts Tell

Canada Free Press ^

Whenever you hear some “climate expert” or politician refer to global warming or climate change, they are lying to you. We have more CO2 in the atmosphere and the Earth is still in a cooling cycle. For decades now both the U.S. and Europe have suffered the arrogance and the lies of so-called “climate experts.” Mind you, there are some real ones and, when it comes to global warming and climate change, the interchangeable names for the lies, they are the ones labeled “deniers” and worse for telling the truth. The fundamental lie is that humans, through their use of...

How much of a reduction in temperature can we expect from each 5PPM decrease in CO2?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Anyone?

Where's the lab work?

.Explaining past scientific numerical modeling faux pas is incumbent on any scientist who wishes to be taken seriously in the future. The UN has stumbled on this point..

Out in the real world, the models have been remarkably accurate for decades running now. You've just been bamboozled by a liars' cult, just like the kooks who are insanely claiming that warming has paused. Back in the real world, warming just keeps on chugging along.

Ask yourself, what's more likely -- that the whole world is wrong, or that you yourself screwed up? Normal people will pick the former, while paranoid narcissists will pick the latter.

Remarkably accurate -- in a purely retroactive sense where they "predict" that it's warmer, cooler, more snow, less snow, droughts and floods.

Give it up, fewer and fewer people are falling for the scam.

Really?

Because the latest surveys I have seen suggest that around 90% of most people in western countries understand climate change. (For instance, 67% of people think climate change is very serious, and 20% think that it is quite serious.)

I'd also add in that 59 of the world's 60 leading international scientific bodies back climate change (one is neutral) and that even the oil and automotive industries confirm climate change.

So I have no idea what you mean by 'less and less' people.

Because the latest surveys I have seen suggest that around 90% of most people in western countries understand climate change.

They understand that climate will change, no matter what we do or don't do.
They understand that it's silly to claim that the current climate is perfect and that anything warmer or colder is worse.
They understand that wasting trillions and damaging our economy in order to reduce "global temperatures" by 0.1 degrees in 2080 is stupid.

Forum List

Back